Illuminations Dessert Party

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
So hubby and I are going on our first trip with out our kids! I just booked us the Illuminations Dessert Party.....what do you guys think about it if you have done it?

We did the MK Fireworks Dessert in 2013 and LOVED it.

We did it in August with DH, DS12 and DS9 for the DS9's bday. It was very nice - all you can eat desserts, admittedly the kids didn't have a lot to choose from, but there were a lot to choose from. The sparkling wine was nice for the adults. The view of Illuminations was great. Biggest complaint was that there was no seating and after a full park day, we were looking to sit down. Sat on the ground a little before show. Thought it was a tad overpriced, but ultimately it was different, and a nice way to celebrate DS's bday.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
My friend and her husband just did it and really enjoyed it. More importantly-congrats on your husband and wife only trip. Have a wonderful time.

Awww Thanks! :) We are so excited. It's a bit of a budget trip in terms that we are going to stay off site - and either cab it or use the Shuttles the hotel has to offer, but this is where we want to SPLURGE. We did say we going to try to do this or the Wishes Dessert Party - maybe the tequila Tasting in Mexico...a few things that with kids it's hard to do.

We did it in August with DH, DS12 and DS9 for the DS9's bday. It was very nice - all you can eat desserts, admittedly the kids didn't have a lot to choose from, but there were a lot to choose from. The sparkling wine was nice for the adults. The view of Illuminations was great. Biggest complaint was that there was no seating and after a full park day, we were looking to sit down. Sat on the ground a little before show. Thought it was a tad overpriced, but ultimately it was different, and a nice way to celebrate DS's bday.

Yeah the price is a bit high compared to the Wishes Dessert Party - but the Sparkling Wine on an adult only trip will be so nice! Yeah I read no seats were available....but we'll manage....I can imagine with kids it's a bit harder...I know my 7 year old LEANS on everything when he wants to sit or is tired! And for the Price they should have some seating....a few stools maybe. I looked at the Desserts and we will be pleased!!! I know if we took our boys - they'd probably eat their weight in Mickey ice cream lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom