Illuminations after dinner @ Rose & Crown

lbrad

Original Poster
Has anyone ever had a 7:40pm dinner Ressie for 2 Guests at Rose & Crown and still been able to watch Illuminations from R&C or is that time too early and they will make us leave before they start?

NewfieFan

No, that's not too early at all! You will still be dining come 9pm! If you're seated inside and would like to view the fireworks, just let your server know so that they can come get you just prior to them starting. They have a viewing area for guests who are dining inside.

lbrad

Original Poster
No, that's not too early at all! You will still be dining come 9pm! If you're seated inside and would like to view the fireworks, just let your server know so that they can come get you just prior to them starting. They have a viewing area for guests who are dining inside.

Thank you for your quick reply :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What newfie said. We do this on almost every trip we make to Epcot.

bcone

7:40 works great...we've even done a 7pm sitting. The nice thing about it is that you can draw it out yourselves and make it work. As always though, request the lower patio seat if the weather permits. You'll have stagglers coming out from the inside dining to watch and can sometimes crowd the upper terrace area. Have a great time...best view of IL IMOP!

dave&di

The UK Pavillion is the best place to see Illuminations, that a good ADR to have! We watch it from the Canada Pavillion, last year I picked a spot and waited for an hour only to realise during the show I had stood under a tree! Couldn't see the fireworks! Now I know why no one else was there :hammer:

gardenia

7:40 works great...we've even done a 7pm sitting. The nice thing about it is that you can draw it out yourselves and make it work. As always though, request the lower patio seat if the weather permits. You'll have stagglers coming out from the inside dining to watch and can sometimes crowd the upper terrace area. Have a great time...best view of IL IMOP!

If you "draw out" a 7:00pm seating the 7:40pm folks won't even get a seat. Why malinger? The view from R&C is not even that good. Go outside and watch, you'll get a better view and won't annoy the servers for hours on end.

HouCuseChickie

We had a 7:45p at Rose & Crown back in Dec. We really had to drag it out to make the meal last long enough...i.e. imperial flight of beer, appetizer sampler, entree, desserts, etc.

A side note: we made it crystal clear to our server we wanted to see Illuminations and everyone on here said they have a special area for viewing. Our server said she'd make sure she got us out to see it, and she was reminded, but that DID NOT happen. In fact, not a single patron seated inside was taken anywhere outside. A handful of people- including us- were dropping everything and running every which way to try and find a spot outside as soon as we heard the first "boom" from the show starting. Let's just say- it was BEYOND HORRIBLE!!!

The dinner was great, but NEVER again will we EVER try and time dinner at Rose & Crown with Illuminations. I was so upset I was almost in tears. I hope you have better luck with this than us.

JillC LI

We had a 7:40 dinner reservation there last month and were fortunate enough to get an indoor seat by the plastic rolldown windows. It was too cold to eat outdoors that night. We were in the middle of out meal when the show started, ad our waitress rolled up the plastic windows so we had a clear view. It was a tad chilly but OMG was it worth it. We gotto enjoy the show while we finished our meal. And what a meal it was! One of the best experiences we've had a Disney. I've been recommending it to everyone!

NewfieFan

We had a 7:45p at Rose & Crown back in Dec. We really had to drag it out to make the meal last long enough...i.e. imperial flight of beer, appetizer sampler, entree, desserts, etc.

A side note: we made it crystal clear to our server we wanted to see Illuminations and everyone on here said they have a special area for viewing. Our server said she'd make sure she got us out to see it, and she was reminded, but that DID NOT happen. In fact, not a single patron seated inside was taken anywhere outside. A handful of people- including us- were dropping everything and running every which way to try and find a spot outside as soon as we heard the first "boom" from the show starting. Let's just say- it was BEYOND HORRIBLE!!!

The dinner was great, but NEVER again will we EVER try and time dinner at Rose & Crown with Illuminations. I was so upset I was almost in tears. I hope you have better luck with this than us.

Wow, that's too bad! Once, we had a server forget but she came running when she heard the first "boom" and apologized. Other than that, every server has had me out there a few minutes prior to start. Must have been an off time at the R&C!?! :shrug:
The only tip I can give is to remind your server a couple times during the meal so they won't forget!

I usually dine around 7:30 and I'm only eating dessert come 9pm (and no I don't "draw out" my meal... maybe I'm a slow eater!?!).

HouCuseChickie

Wow, that's too bad! Once, we had a server forget but she came running when she heard the first "boom" and apologized. Other than that, every server has had me out there a few minutes prior to start. Must have been an off time at the R&C!?! :shrug:
The only tip I can give is to remind your server a couple times during the meal so they won't forget!

I usually dine around 7:30 and I'm only eating dessert come 9pm (and no I don't "draw out" my meal... maybe I'm a slow eater!?!).

I don't know- it was all so odd. I booked this one at 5am ct on day 180 and the best thing avail was 7:40. It seriously was my # 1 - even over CRT for DD4!!! Everyone told me I should push for 8 or 8:30, but the best I was able to upgrade to was 7:45pm about 3 wk prior to our trip. They seated us at 8:10p which made me think we were in better shape. Even my brother confirmed that the waitress promised to take care of us for Illuminations. I felt bad running from my table, but I was in desperation mode. What's nuts- both inside and out were only filled to about 50% capacity. I don't know if this was DIsney or R&C's doing or people being no shows. It really just made me super angry considering how many times I tried to book this meal for a better time slot! :mad:

So, this time DH wants to try Le Cellier for the first time. So, we have a 5:50p and we're hoping afterwards to stake out a good spot somewhere along WS to really show the kiddos what Illuminations is like.

Side note- been following your TR and LOVE IT! Will have to comment on there when the kids don't make my life insanity! :hammer:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Has anyone ever had a 7:40pm dinner Ressie for 2 Guests at Rose & Crown and still been able to watch Illuminations from R&C or is that time too early and they will make us leave before they start?

Hi there! When my DH and I travel to the World, this is our first tradition - first night dinner at Rose and Crown for Illuminations. We have had a variety of ressies usually from 7:30 - 8, and we have always stayed for Illuminations. When you make the ADR, mention that you would like to be seated outside and then do the same when you check in at the stand. Also, it helps to mention if you are celebrating anything special. And finally, if you are interested in the Shepard's Pie, which actually had been removed from the dinner menu and is on the Lunch menu the last time we were there in June 2009, you can ask for it to be made for you for dinner and they will. And the Potato Leek soup is to die for! I don't even like leeks - and this is the most amazing soup! :slurp:

debpeduz

Any time we have a chance, we make an ADR for Rose and Crown. We have always been taken outside for the fireworks and it is fantastic! And eating at 7:40pm or later is perfect!
We love Rose and Crown altogether. We have been there so often, that we know some of the bartenders by name - not sure if that is a good thing :) ????

lbrad

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for all the advice/tips....I have booked the 7:40 pm ressie...wish me luck :sohappy:

DrummerAlly

We just came back 2 weeks ago and we had a 6:55 reservation for the Rose & Crown. We were seated at 7:10pm. We ordered beer, appetizer, entrees, and desserts and didn't feel like we had to drag it out all that much to watch illuminations. When we were seated I told the waitress that "we were in no rush" and she asked us if we wanted to stay for the fireworks, we said yes (expecting some anger) and she was perfectly fine with it. She said that it would be no problem and paced our dinner perfectly. Needless to say we left her with a large tip. To our surprise, the restaurant had many empty tables on the patio and in the restaurant.

That dinner was by far and wide our best dining experience EVER at WDW. The view for the fireworks is amazing. Enjoy!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If you get a male server, chat up football with him (the international version, that is). The last time we went to the Rose and Crown our server and I had a discussion of Tottenham vs. Arsenal. Next thing you know we were taking our after-dinner drinks onto the patio outside the restaurant for Illuminations.... :)

tink65

This all sounds so amazing! I'm glad everyone seems to have had success with this. We have ressies for R & C at 7:50 one night during our Sept stay. We also purposely made the reservations for that time in hopes of having an awesome view of Illuminations! YEAH for everyone!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom