IJA Plans 75% Complete?

DarkMeasures

peter11435 said:
Jim Hill is wrong. While there is cast building near there. That space would not be needed for the IJA. The stunt show stage and seating area is large enough for the entire ride building.

What he said have nothing to do with the stund show stage or seating. What it had to do with is the area beyond that and part of the parking lot. Imagineers deemed that land quite a while ago a great spot for Indy that would not sacrifice that stunt show.

peter11435

DarkMeasures said:
What he said have nothing to do with the stund show stage or seating. What it had to do with is the area beyond that and part of the parking lot. Imagineers deemed that land quite a while ago a great spot for Indy that would not sacrifice that stunt show.
Yeah but with the new stunt show there is no need to add the ride without sacrificing the stunt show.

CaptainMichael

I used to be on this attraction's bandwagon up until recently. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a unique ride to placed in the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or both. If the IJA truly is coming to Walt Disney World, I hope that there is some uniqueness to it. No matter what though, I will ride it.

Tim G

ogryn said:
Isn't it about time we had a new ride concept from WDI? They are supposedly the best in the world, yet it seems only outside companies make exciting concepts nowadays.
Pffft... here we go again... I've said it once, I'say it now... WDI has the ability to dream up fantastic ideas, and the technical expertise to make them happen... IF you let them...

stitch82

i would be really excited to see another attraction...indiana jones or something new...built around the same ride system. i've ridden both ija and dinosaur, and i think they are great attractions, and use the creative power that wdi is known for. from the moment you enter the line, there is enough to see and do that you are immersed in the story...and that's how it should be.

I.M.Fearless

Okay, you did it. You got me started. Now give me just a second...
(gets out CD player, puts Aerosmith CD in, starts "Dream On"...)
That's better. Now let's get to business. A new Indiana Jones ride would be really nice in WDW SOMEWHERE. And when you think about it, it could actually be really easy to get a roughly new idea for a ride system. Just combining a couple of preexisting designs could work just think about it. Mix the EMV with something like the Spiderman system. Or the so-called Robocoaster system. Or even the Pooh's Hunny Hunt system (think two separate "cars" on the track, the jeep and the boulder). Really! As for theming, there could be several different ideas. (Pardon the reference, but) Use themes from even the video game levels. Anyone who has played Infernal Machine or Emperor's Tomb could remember locales like the Shambala Sanctuary (far north tundra), the Palawan Volcano, or the Prague castle. Hey, even kill two birds with one stone, and make a Far East pagoda-temple with a Chinese dragon (for you Dragon Castle fans out there). Or maybe have Indy duking it out with a certain blue alien that we all know and love...:D

jaredliu

Lynx04 said:
As far as IJA, I think it would be the biggest disappointment and let down to get a clone of IJA.

Can't agree with you more. Anything new to replace the stunt show doesn't have to be related to Indy.

RedGear

awesome!

That would be sweet if they replaced the show with the ride, i don't think there are enough rides and too many shows.

I'll have my fingers crossed too!! :)

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
About the cast buildings... they were built very cheaply and can be taken down very easilly. They are not an issue. However, on top of that, they are even more not an issue becuase that space would only be needed if the stunt show would stay.

And the Backlot Express is expendable. That dining option isn't really needed most of the year anyway.

Now, tell me why Indy won't work. It works fine, the building can be sunken many feet if it's built there, and it's just plainly the perfect spot.

Dayma

I dont think clones are bad at all. I am willing to bet the % of people that go to both WDW and DL are very small. Its usually one or the other. This is excluding the people on these boards.

Lynx04

blackride said:
I dont think clones are bad at all. I am willing to bet the % of people that go to both WDW and DL are very small. Its usually one or the other. This is excluding the people on these boards.

I understand and you make a good point. But if some one came up to you and offered you the first Playstation would you take it, or would you rather have the new Playstation 2 or 3 whichever is coming out in the next months. My point is, I wouldn't want a 10 year old ride over a brand new state-of-the-art attraction. Whether I have riden the ride before or not.

Sergeant Tibbs

I thought the Indy ride was way to quick. I wouldnt mind seeing it at MGM but I am happy with the stunt show. I would be more happy if they spent money on a new ride instead of replacing ones we already have. but thats just my opinion
icon7.gif

mraw

KevinPage said:
I myself never understood the rabid fascination with this ride. Granted, I rode Dinosaur first (and think its far better), but when I went on Indy Jones, while good, the effects were dated, and not too immersive, you were just driving around. I never got the sensation that there was a point to the whole thing, besides seeing the Indy AA and then the ball rolling at you to end the ride (2 best things on the whole ride).

The whole crossing over the bridge thing with fire is made out to be such a big thing, I was surprised that it did absolutely nothing for me.

I did go in with very high expectations and would defintely like to see this ride at MGM, but I do think it's very overated as I don't see this as the "be all end all" of Disney rides.

:D

I feel the same way you do. I went to Disneyland last week and experienced the Indy attraction, and it really is overrated. I built my hopes up on the two big attraction of the DLR- The Matterhorn and Indy and I was really disappointed with the Matterhorn. The design and architecture of the Indy ride is amazing, but you are speeding through it so fast you really don't have time to see it most of it. I love the Indy AA figures, though. As a matter of fact, I saw the Indy attraction as Dinosaur, except the Time Rover took a wrong turn and left you in a different time period. And the queue line- I swear it had to be at least a mile long. Disney's queues are great, but after so long, waiting is just plain waiting, regardless of what the queue looks like. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you told me that the queue line began in Anaheim and the actual ride was in another zip code. I am glad, however, that on Indy there aren't cameras all over the place taking your picture. I think that takes away from the ride. All in all it was a nice experience, but I'm just fine with Dinosaur.

I also fear that an Indy attraction in the space of the current Stunt Show will suffer from a lack of space. I couldn't believe how amazing the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean were at Disneyland as compared to WDW- and they were the originals. It seems as if a second version would be better. Pirates was so amazing that I don't even want to ride WDW's anymore. You load outside the Blue Bayou restaurant (in the same vein of the attraction in Mexico), and there are two drops. The middle of the ride is the same, but the front end and back end of this attraction makes it better, and the same goes for the Haunted Mansion. I just hope that an Indy attraction at the Studios won't be dumbed down due to space restraints.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
my biggest regret with WDW was the fever pitch they took to roll out MGM before US. I love MGM, but the logistics of the park have crippled it's expansion. this park sooo defeats the 'weenie' principle of Walt's. the IJA rumor finally coming to light would be incredible. not only the attraction, but to get people out of the sunset bottleneck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom