Ignorant and Rude CM's

In what way has a CM ever been rude or obnoxious to you?

• Ignorant

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Unaccepting of the fact that you know more than him/her.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Not knowing anything

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Know-it-all

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other ways to irritate that aren't listed

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I was very upset today to find that I was rudely responded to when I asked questions to a CM at the end of Spaceship Earth. I have learned alot from CM's at the end of the ride, in fact, I learned most of the updates that I gave Screamscape from a CM at the end of the ride. So, when I traditionally asked a CM about what was going on, he was very ignorant, not wanting to believe that I knew what I did. Also, he was very rude, because he didn't like the fact that I knew more than him on the news of the parks... Has this ever happened to you? :veryconfu :cry: :veryconfu

crazygirley

jedimaster1227 said:
I was very upset today to find that I was rudely responded to when I asked questions to a CM at the end of Spaceship Earth. I have learned alot from CM's at the end of the ride, in fact, I learned most of the updates that I gave Screamscape from a CM at the end of the ride. So, when I traditionally asked a CM about what was going on, he was very ignorant, not wanting to believe that I knew what I did. Also, he was very rude, because he didn't like the fact that I knew more than him on the news of the parks... Has this ever happened to you? :veryconfu :cry: :veryconfu
While he is a CM, he is also still a human.

Haven't you ever had a bad day?

But still, sorry that your experience was less than magical.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Trust me, he was fine, in fact, he was laughing up how the Gamecocks beat the Gators. He was in a fine mood, he just didn't like that I knew more than him...

crazygirley

jedimaster1227 said:
Trust me, he was fine, in fact, he was laughing up how the Gamecocks beat the Gators. He was in a fine mood, he just didn't like that I knew more than him...
Some people have issues about things like that. We've all been there.

TAC

And if the CM in questions thought you were coming off "cocky" as though you knew more than him...then what?

Grantsdale

So its you that gives Screamscape those ridiculous rumors?

Where is the option for "None of the above"? I have never had any problems with CMs. Maybe its because I thank them and make small talk with them whenever I can. They help hundreds if not thousands of people a day. They want to discuss things other than their job. Thats why he was more than happy to talk about a football game rather than news of the parks. Especially if you were acting as a know it all. Cut him some slack. Its not his job to tell you the inside scoop on the goings-on at Epcot. Its his job to be helpful, happy, and unload you from the ride.

Montu

jedimaster1227 said:

Just look at the attitude you're exhibiting in your posts.

And you wonder why an employee of any given company would not want to share information with you about said company's future?

Kacki

Yeah, Actually

I have had this happen to me. I was standing outside of the HM when I saw that the queue was 15 minutes. I didn't see an actual line formed outside, so I asked, "Is the line really 15 minutes long, mister?" (note, I was only 10). The man, in turn, said "Well, thats what is says on the sign, right?"

I was sad :cry:

Grantsdale

Kacki said:
I have had this happen to me. I was standing outside of the HM when I saw that the queue was 15 minutes. I didn't see an actual line formed outside, so I asked, "Is the line really 15 minutes long, mister?" (note, I was only 10). The man, in turn, said "Well, thats what is says on the sign, right?"

I was sad :cry:

Thats kind of in character for Haunted Mansion though. They are supposed to be kind of gruff and to the point. Still, if you were 10 the CM probably should have dropped character a little to answer the question.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Just so we all understand, I didn't say that I knew more than him, nor was I cocky, I just asked him if he knew anything that was going on, and I told him what I knew. When I did this, he started to get frustrated and disagree with me. Impatience is not a virtue...

Laura

Premium Member
I can't answer your poll, I've only had pleasant experiences with CM's. The worst that's ever happened to me is I had to wait a while for food at restaurants before.

raven

On my last visit to WDW, I wasn't on the WDW property for more than 20 before a very rude WDW Security person started troubling a CM friend of mine that was meeting me at my resort. It was well after midnight and I guess that being on guest resort property that time of night is a "no no" but he continued to ream out my friend even after I told him that I was a guest and it was an outrage for him to be doing that infront of me. He called his boss and she showed up. She was a very pleasant person and took me aside to ask me questions about him. I told her that I was very upset that the guard had to scream at my friend in front of me and other guests in the Pop Century parking lot. He should have pulled him aside and talked to him. In any case, I wrote a letter of complaint to the WDW Security Deptartment about my arrival at WDW being ruined by a rude CM. And to my CM friend who had to put up with it, I am sorry that you and I both had to go through that. They really knew how to ruin the magic for both you and I.

Grantsdale

jedimaster1227 said:
Just so we all understand, I didn't say that I knew more than him, nor was I cocky, I just asked him if he knew anything that was going on, and I told him what I knew. When I did this, he started to get frustrated and disagree with me. Impatience is not a virtue...

So he said he didn't know anything, and you replied with "well i know x and y and z".

That is cocky, even if you didn't mean it to be.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This is just like saying has anyone had a bad experience with getting cold fries at McDonalds. Alot of people have and in the grand scheme of things it really doesnt matter a hill of beans.

Get over it and get on with having a great day at the parks.

TAC

jedimaster1227 said:

Why, yes, indeed you did:

jedimaster1227 said:

So, which is it?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
jedimaster1227 said:
So, when I traditionally asked a CM about what was going on, he was very ignorant, not wanting to believe that I knew what I did.

Um, so your saying that anyone that questions your knowledge of anything is ignorant?

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Let me reiterate so there are no more misunderstandings... I did not say TO HIM OR ANYONE ELSE that I knew more than him. It was just that he obviously did not know as much as anyone that uses WDWmagic or any other Disney news site. All I meant when I said that I knew more than him, was that I was up to date with all updates online, and from Disney itself, nothing more, nothing less. He wasn't ignorant because he wasn't informed or didn't know about different things, I found him to be ignorant because he refused to accept that he might not have been right or that maybe I was mistaken, he just rudely kept trying to prove me wrong with information that didn't provide any real proof. All he gave in his defense was a witty remark about how likely the return of the Dreamfinder (in his opinion) was as likely as the Florida Gators winning the SEC championships. Thats it, I just found it a little discerning and frustrating for a cast member to be so closed-mind (that is my view on what being ignorant is really about). I have had good experiences before this with CM's, this was my first bad one. As I said before, a CM was the one to confirm to me that Siemens was the new sponser for Epcot, 2 WEEKS before the press release. I trust in the CM's and I think they are very professional (I will be one by next year). Unfortunately, I had a bad experience, and I started this thread to see if I wasn't alone in this sad event ever happening to anyone other than myself...

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I just ignore CM's for the most part. I especially like shocking them by using my own judgement or pointing out an obvious flaw in something Disney has told them

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
mkt said:
I just ignore CM's for the most part. I especially like shocking them by using my own judgement or pointing out an obvious flaw in something Disney has told them

You mean, thinking for yourself? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom