Iger's legacy park = Shanghai; Chapek's legacy park?

JIMINYCR

Eisner in his last years as CEO flew to India with Iger both scouting for a park there also.
Sure, thats also another possibility.
This statement was reported years ago in regards to India during Igers time....

American entertainment company Walt Disney, which is investing $5 billion in a brand new theme park at Shanghai in China, has ruled out any investments in a theme park in India due to lack of support infrastructure apart from high investments required and sustainability of getting in visitors to the park on an ongoing basis for 365-days a year.
According to Andy Bird, chairman of Walt Disney International, theme park investment requires massive support infrastructure such as airports, power supply and roads, still not available in India. “Opening a theme park anywhere in the world is incredibly expensive and is highly complex business. Walt Disney is investing $5 billion in Shanghai in a new theme park, which excludes infrastructure,” Bird said here in an interaction with editors.

Indias per capita income has consistently been on the rise and the standard of living has greatly improved since then so it has changed enough to become somewhat promising as well.

I will hold with my prediction of South America.

Lilofan

Sure, thats also another possibility.
This statement was reported years ago in regards to India during Igers time....

American entertainment company Walt Disney, which is investing $5 billion in a brand new theme park at Shanghai in China, has ruled out any investments in a theme park in India due to lack of support infrastructure apart from high investments required and sustainability of getting in visitors to the park on an ongoing basis for 365-days a year.
According to Andy Bird, chairman of Walt Disney International, theme park investment requires massive support infrastructure such as airports, power supply and roads, still not available in India. “Opening a theme park anywhere in the world is incredibly expensive and is highly complex business. Walt Disney is investing $5 billion in Shanghai in a new theme park, which excludes infrastructure,” Bird said here in an interaction with editors.

Indias per capita income has consistently been on the rise and the standard of living has greatly improved since then so it has changed enough to become somewhat promising as well.

I will hold with my prediction of South America.
Disney exec Andy Bird was part of the exec layoffs a few years ago. He's an exec in the UK currently.

Cmdr_Crimson

I went to a Target today that had DISNEY Store section...This is what it looked like...🤨
IMG_20211107_165120474.jpg

Haymarket

Original Poster
I was thinking a second gate in Shanghai, or a second resort in China, would be easiest and least risky.

lazyboy97o

I was thinking a second gate in Shanghai, or a second resort in China, would be easiest and least risky.
Shanghai Disney Resort is the second resort in China. Given the current political situation another Chinese park is probably not the best move.

A new resort is going to cost at least $7 - $8 billion. Disney would want a partner like they have in China (and tried in Europe) that will pay most of the costs but let the arrangement ensure that Disney gets paid first.

jpinkc

Shanghai Disney Resort is the second resort in China. Given the current political situation another Chinese park is probably not the best move.

A new resort is going to cost at least $7 - $8 billion. Disney would want a partner like they have in China (and tried in Europe) that will pay most of the costs but let the arrangement ensure that Disney gets paid first.
Unless or until the Chinese throw Disney out on there butts and take it over themselves. Not saying it would happen but they have done it to other companies.

Kamikaze

His legacy will be branching out for a park in Latin America. For some time now South American visitors have shown there is a huge interest in visiting Disney properties and dumping large amounts of money on those trips. Several years ago there was talk that Disney had sent a team out to investigate various potential areas to determine resources, work force, build sites and promising investors.
Nope.

jpinkc

The only way Slappie would build a New Park is if they discover that the City of Gold exists somewhere in South America and he would want most of it as the price to build.

Honestly WDW and DL to an extent should be the parks that are improved if anything. But again I have ZERO faith that Slappie will spend anything except token amounts on the Domestic parks. If anything is built buy Slappie at WDW its probably going to be more resort hotels on the Luxury end of the spectrum. He may do the D23 announce this massive new parks initiative only to slowly pair it down to 2 new free water fountains, 1 in MK and maybe one in AK.

Kamikaze

Your nope is just as speculative as my Yup. No one has a magic ball to tell what future plans could be and what direction Chapek will run. Any world destination could be in the running if Disney sees it profitable enough.
There are no plans to build in Latin America. I'm not speculating, I'm telling you its not happening.
Brazil is the only country that has enough money, and its, lets just say, not doing too well.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

There are no plans to build in Latin America. I'm not speculating, I'm telling you its not happening.
Brazil is the only country that has enough money, and its, lets just say, not doing too well.
No plans at this time...that doesnt mean its not in the far future. The OP wants people to submit their possibilities so I did as others did.
You cant tell me with any certainty that you know because no one does. Many people said a Disney in China was out of the question as well... and it happened didnt it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom