Iger's legacy park = Shanghai; Chapek's legacy park?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
His legacy will be branching out for a park in Latin America. For some time now South American visitors have shown there is a huge interest in visiting Disney properties and dumping large amounts of money on those trips. Several years ago there was talk that Disney had sent a team out to investigate various potential areas to determine resources, work force, build sites and promising investors.
It'd have to be in Chile or Uruguay if they want an economically and politically stable country to build it in. If it were to happen, I'd bet Chile.

Animaniac93-98

Maybe a new water park at WDW to compete with Volcano Bay?

Two is plenty.

They had 3 between 1995 and 2001.

1636424511254.png

Kamikaze

No plans at this time...that doesnt mean its not in the far future. The OP wants people to submit their possibilities so I did as others did.
You cant tell me with any certainty that you know because no one does. Many people said a Disney in China was out of the question as well... and it happened didnt it?
I never said 'at this time'.

Haymarket

Original Poster
I haven't visited Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, or Universal's Volcano Bay, but from what I've read, Volcano Bay is rather spectacular. Maybe there'll be something similarly up-to-date and high-budget at Walt Disney World?

Typhoon Lagoon opened in 1989, 32 years ago.

Blizzard Beach opened in 1995, 26 years ago.

Volcano Bay opened in 2017.

JIMINYCR

I never said 'at this time'.
Once again... You said its NEVER going to happen. You have no way of knowing what going to occur in the future. I said... No plans at this time. Never say Never. If you know whats in the minds of Disney execs regarding future plans in building the next park then youre the only one on earth that can predict the moves that will be coming. And theres no way thats happening. .

Kamikaze

Once again... You said its NEVER going to happen. You have no way of knowing what going to occur in the future. I said... No plans at this time. Never say Never. If you know whats in the minds of Disney execs regarding future plans in building the next park then youre the only one on earth that can predict the moves that will be coming. And theres no way thats happening. .
ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Ever. In the history of the planet.

JIMINYCR

It'd have to be in Chile or Uruguay if they want an economically and politically stable country to build it in. If it were to happen, I'd bet Chile.
At this time yes. But the OP didnt ask what Chapek was going to do NOW. Its a future speculation on whats his legacy going to be in time. Politically and economically at the present time many areas in the world are in turmoil but things can change. Eisner and Iger had many years in term. No one knows if Chapek will be gone tomorrow or have an extended run as Disney's head. There may be plenty of time for him to build a legacy

Goofyernmost

I think it is silly to compare him to Iger at this point. Once, if it happens, that Chapek is in place as long as Iger, then one can compare. Who knows he may even be the one that leads Disney to the same place where Kodak and others ended up.

jpinkc

I think it is silly to compare him to Iger at this point. Once, if it happens, that Chapek is in place as long as Iger, then one can compare. Who knows he may even be the one that leads Disney to the same place where Kodak and others ended up.
I think thats what a lot of us fear...........

Goofyernmost

I think thats what a lot of us fear...........
I have nothing to base this on, but I don't think you have to worry about that. I strongly feel that he is just the sacrificial lamb, put in place to save Iger reputation and take the heat for Genie, etc. He will never last as long as Iger. When it comes to business savvy, he just plain doesn't have the wide experience that Iger has. And you will notice that Iger has "retired" but has never left. When I retired I left and didn't look back.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
At this time yes. But the OP didnt ask what Chapek was going to do NOW. Its a future speculation on whats his legacy going to be in time. Politically and economically at the present time many areas in the world are in turmoil but things can change. Eisner and Iger had many years in term. No one knows if Chapek will be gone tomorrow or have an extended run as Disney's head. There may be plenty of time for him to build a legacy
I was replying to a comment about potentially opening a park in Latin America, and chiming in based on years of first-hand experience in the region. Brazil could also work, but crime there would make a park in Brazil a non-starter.

Costa Rica and Panamá could also work, as far as stable government and economies go. However their proximity to narcotrafficking in the other Central America countries and associated crime doesn't help.

Lilofan

I haven't visited Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, or Universal's Volcano Bay, but from what I've read, Volcano Bay is rather spectacular. Maybe there'll be something similarly up-to-date and high-budget at Walt Disney World?

I still don’t have the nerve to ride Summit Plummet at Blizzard. There is a popular viewing point at the bottom of the ride. Some guests observe which article of bathing suit attire flies off when the rider shoots down at 60mph down to the bottom .

JoeCamel

VB replaced a 40 yo park that was now a prime hotel location. Not the same motivation just to say "look how new and shiny" after they dumped a ton into BB infrastructure the last few years. What you see is what you get.

Goofyernmost

I still don’t have the nerve to ride Summit Plummet at Blizzard. There is a popular viewing point at the bottom of the ride. Some guests observe which article of bathing suit attire flies off when the rider shoots down at 60mph down to the bottom .
Seems like a one piece for women would solve that problem with the exception of an epic wedgy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom