Iger on Bloomberg

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original Poster
I have just watched Iger on being interviewed on Bloomberg. I must say he came across as pretty uncharismatic and a bit of stiff. Is he a bean counter by any chance?

The reason I post this is three of the comments he made.

One was the relationship with Pixar, which hinted that negotiations may reconvene, but don’t put money on it.
2. was that old bean counting favourite, outsourcing, he dressed it up in many phrases but talk about using external talent and creativity and not looking at the US as the sole home of creativity, sounded like staff cuts by the back door. Though I think he liked to use the phrase partnerships. I thought we had moved full circle on this and any company’s who outsourced were brining things back as it never delivers the numbers claimed.

However it was the 3rd item that intrigued most, the theme parks. When questioned about attendance he was very defensive and refused to speculate that numbers were down on advance bookings. Interestingly he said hat he felt new attractions and the like was the way to draw guests back.

Lets see if its just rhetoric

artvandelay

I know Iger started his career at ABC/Cap Cities as a studio supervisor. The studio supervisor is a bean counter and has nothing to do with the creative end of TV.

Figment1986

I am giving him a chance.... He might do good..... Their is a chance his strings will be cut in spetember and he will let some thigns have freedom and money....

BWG22

Who knows, he might want to seperate his name from Eisner and pull some things out of the hat that could establish an early name for himself. Face it guys, Eisner was gold before he went Dark Side, Its gonna be a tough act to follow.

jmuboy

I'll start by saying that I am not excited about Iger taking over as CEO. That said, Iger is NOT stupid and may have some things planned / changes in mind that will immediately change the course the company is currently on. I think he understands he has to make his mark, make it well, and make it quickly or risk being brushed off by everyone. I'd like to see him save the Disney/Pixar relationship, review the need for traditional animation, understand the need for creativity at the company, and reinformce what makes the Disney parks better than the rest....that is their perfection!

We'll see what really happens come this fall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom