Iger and Executives Touring DTD Today

CaptainAmerica

The girl on the right is Disney Frump (as she's know on instagram) who is a CP starting in entertainment. Big fan girl.

On the left is Nicole of sparklyeverafter.com - big blog girl and dates Jim Doyle of Mulch, Sweat, and Shears. Worships Iger.
Wait is this real? People actually know individual Disney fans by their social media accounts and whether they're fan girls?

I must be getting old, but I believe this is where someone throws in a comment about "lifestylers." I still think the term is overused around here but I guess I didn't realize how many folks out there are legitimately insane.

bhg469

The girl on the right is Disney Frump (as she's know on instagram) who is a CP starting in entertainment. Big fan girl.

On the left is Nicole of sparklyeverafter.com - big blog girl and dates Jim Doyle of Mulch, Sweat, and Shears. Worships Iger.
Looked at that Instagram and apparently she goes to school around here... she made sure to thank Iger... ugh, you're not helping!

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I think the joke here is that Iger's security detail is proportional to the size of his ego. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any security with him or his entourage of self-important execs, but is he really so important and recognizable that he needs a goon squad with him in public? Would a plaid guest relations guide and a simple security guard tagging along suffice?

To 99.99% of the public he isn't recognizable at all, only drawing more attention to himself.

I get your point but this is pretty standard protocol for any fortune 500

CaptainAmerica

Also - are you calling me insane? For knowing who some folks in a picture are?
I apologize, I phrased that poorly. I meant it more in the sense of "the world has gone insane" rather than any individual. It's one thing to know people "in real life" (maybe you do) but I'm baffled by the notion of "following" a complete stranger to the point of knowing their name, employment, relationship status, and personal opinion regarding the CEO of The Walt Disney Company.

I've seen this before in the parks... complete strangers going up to a person and asking whether they're so-and-so from Instagram. I don't get it.

Rteetz

Wait is this real? People actually know individual Disney fans by their social media accounts and whether they're fan girls?

I must be getting old, but I believe this is where someone throws in a comment about "lifestylers." I still think the term is overused around here but I guess I didn't realize how many folks out there are legitimately insane.
Yeah if you go on Instagram and Twitter it's not hard to find them with Disney related things.

CaptainAmerica

Its actually very common to know someone from instagram. I've made friends by walking up to someone and going are you so and so.

I get your point, although those details are gleamed pretty quickly from instagram. In a week Nicole will post about the company, her boyfriend, etc. More to do with them overhearing maybe.
But how does that even start? I don't have Instagram so I'm clueless. How do you find Stranger XYZ and decide to follow them in the first place?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom