Iger and Executives Touring DTD Today

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting. I just texted my family to see if they saw anyone. My Aunt & Uncle are moving my cousin in this week for her Extended College Program. They were at DTD today.

hanwill

Did he have on a suit?

Only asking because I was in WDW one day (a few years ago)- and this guy walked by me in a suit that I could have sworn was Bob Iger- he was by himself... no one else was with him- which I thought was weird... but then again- it weird to be in WDW with a suit on too...

CaptainShortty

Original Poster
Did he have on a suit?

Only asking because I was in WDW one day (a few years ago)- and this guy walked by me in a suit that I could have sworn was Bob Iger- he was by himself... no one else was with him- which I thought was weird... but then again- it weird to be in WDW with a suit on too...

Most of them were wearing jackets since it's pouring here today but he didn't appear to be wearing a suit. I believe that Tom and George were though.

And for whoever asked about his security detail, yes, he was traveling with a large group of other managers/executives...some of which I would imagine are from security. That's a standard procedure for any highly recognizable figure that visits WDW though so it doesn't surprise me.

Last edited:

CaptainShortty

Original Poster
I'm interested to see what else he tours this week. I would definitely imagine that AK and Norway are on his list but would be if Studios and anywhere else also are. I imagine studios may be to see the removal of the hat.

Omnikron

That's why they had someone painting the railing in near the Lego store yesterday morning the increase of managerial types out actually picking up trash. Even saw one in the bushes with a trash bag near the T-Rex side of the new walkway. Was wondering what was going on, we saw a bunch of managerial types meeting at the stage.

COProgressFan

Most of them were wearing jackets since it's pouring here today but he didn't appear to be wearing a suit. I believe that Tom and George were though.

And for whoever asked about his security detail, yes, he was traveling with a large group of other managers/executives...some of which I would imagine are from security. That's a standard procedure for any highly recognizable figure that visits WDW though so it doesn't surprise me.

I think the joke here is that Iger's security detail is proportional to the size of his ego. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any security with him or his entourage of self-important execs, but is he really so important and recognizable that he needs a goon squad with him in public? Would a plaid guest relations guide and a simple security guard tagging along suffice?

To 99.99% of the public he isn't recognizable at all, only drawing more attention to himself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom