If.......

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Question: If you were getting married and planning on a WDW honeymoon (during the value season), which of the following resorts would be the one to choose if you wanted to stay on the monorail line and which one if you didn't care too much about the monorail but wanted a nice place (money is a factor, don't want to have to take out a bank loan for the honeymoon) and why:

Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht & Beach Club.

NowInc

I get the feeling you are getting married soon...this is not the first "marriage" related post you have made....planning to get married at WDW is a great idea..and If i decided to ever take that plunge..thats where id go...

I unfrotunatly cant be of much help here...but you should try calling disney and asking for rates etc...I am pretty sure you have to plan FAR ahead for this,,,

Upvote 0

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Actually, no....no marriage plans in the near future by any means. I've always figured on going on a honeymoon to WDW IF the day should ever come where I have to plan for it. I wouldn't be getting married AT WDW, just taking the honeymoon there.

Upvote 0

Debbie

I love to honeymoon with my husband at the Polynesian. We just really enjoy that hotel. it is so quiet at nite and we like to sit out on the beach and drink beer and daiquiris. I also like the Swan and my husband has never been there so I would love to go there and show him. The only thing about the Poly is there isn't a hot tub:( . We also want to try the Wilderness Lodge and I have heard they do have a hot tub. The Wilderness Lodge is a favorite of a lot of my friends.

Upvote 0

Lance

First I would throw out the Caribbean and the Yacht and Beach Club.

The two that come to mind right away would be the Floridian and the Poly.

If your worried about money, the WL is my pick.

Upvote 0

disneycentral

Is there a bad choice?

On the monorail line:

I personally would go for the Polynesian. Great views, makes you feel like you went to Hawaii, with WDW thrown in. You can usually get better deals here than you can at Grand Floridian as well.

Off the monorail:

Animal Kingdom Lodge for sure. There are positives to Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk Area, but I just find the Animal Kingdom Lodge romantic and beyond all other resorts in every aspect. The rooms are great, you can't beat the views of the savannahs and the restaurants are out of this world. This is a great choice if you want seclusion.
If you want to be in the middle of everything, check out Boardwalk Inn or Beach and Yacht Club Resorts. We spent our last anniversary at the Boardwalk villas, and it was great. Really, any deluxe resort is going to give you a great choice of restaurants, great rooms and great service.

Upvote 0

Scooter

My wife and I honeymooned at the Polynesian Resort. We spent a week there.

We called ahead and mentioned that it was our honeymoon and after we checked in and went to our room, we found a big basket full of food, gifts ,candy and a bottle of Champagne. :p

Upvote 0

monorail256

whenever I do get married... I plan on doing it at the wedding pavilion and then... staying at WDW for our hunnymoon, i think we'll stay at the wilderness lodge... :hammer: :lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Debbie
I love to honeymoon with my husband at the Polynesian. We just really enjoy that hotel. it is so quiet at nite and we like to sit out on the beach and drink beer and daiquiris. I also like the Swan and my husband has never been there so I would love to go there and show him. The only thing about the Poly is there isn't a hot tub:( . We also want to try the Wilderness Lodge and I have heard they do have a hot tub. The Wilderness Lodge is a favorite of a lot of my friends.

What is it about no hot tub at poly. I know other's have heard me go on about it, but I really don't understand this at all. why would you build that great new pool and make no hot tub. I know a section of it had bubbles and such, but it is not hot and not the same.

While I loved our last trip to WDW and staying at Poly was wonderful, I really miss going home at night and resting your feet (and more) in the hot tub. Y&B has 4 if not 5 and all the mod resorts have at least 1. (This is kinda a pet pev of mine.)

To answer the question, they all are great. (But I would skip any vaule for a honey moon.) Dixi is the most romantic mod and coronado tends to have less kids with the convention center and all. Poly and Y&B are my fav delux, then then again, they are the only delux I have stayed in yet.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

The Contemporary is your Resort is you like to be connected by monorail with the other Resorts and MK. IT is , in my opinion, the perfect place to stay with your couple since you have every commodities you will, from pools to a choice of restaurants. Decoration is very well done, plus you get an excellent view from any of the higher floors.
If you plan to go to another Resort, I recommend you try an Epcot Resort, which are close to the park, and it's almost the same to stay in an MK resort in the monorail way, since all you need to do is use Epcot monorail instead if you're willing to go somewhere else, or the buses as you would in any other place. I've been in the Boarwalk Inn and the Beach Resort, and both were luxurious. I love them, now. However, with my couple I would choose the Yatch, wich is more calm and prepared for the older people, not kids.
-->LUAU

Upvote 0

CottonBlossom

Based on your choices.......

With a monorail:

I'd go with the Polynesian. The grounds are really beautiful. I find it very romantic. I walked around there at night and they had these tiki torches lit on some of the pathways. Great honeymoon atmosphere.

Without a monorail:

I'd say Wilderness Lodge. The resort is beautiful and you don't have to break the bank to stay there. I find the price very reasonable, probably due to the fact that the rooms are smaller than most deluxe rooms. Makes for a cozy honeymoon.:)

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

There is nothing more romantic than sunset------->nighttime on an African savannah...you have the outside fire and the animal/palm tree silhoette all around you...and the music...

Upvote 0

tnkrbell

I would pick Yacht club!! Its our favorite resort!! You will LOVE the pool (an attraction in itself)
Also you are in walking distance to Epcot and boardwalk over at boardwalk you have Jellyrolls (a dueling piano bar) and Atlantic city dance hall.

Upvote 0

Prezli

Originally posted by DogsRule!
There is nothing more romantic than sunset------->nighttime on an African savannah...you have the outside fire and the animal/palm tree silhoette all around you...and the music...

Also...a feeling of distance from the hustle bustle but still the Magic that only Disney provides. The CM's, the cm's, the cm's oh...did I mention the cms! Treat yourself to concierge, it is a very special feeling. Great people up there in that lounge and great food, try the Merlot. The view is an added bonus.

Upvote 0

SeaSpray

Hi there!

Based on the resorts you've listed, my first choice would be the Polynesian. Second choice would be the Wilderness Lodge. I'd pick Caribbean Beach resort as a good choice for a moderate. Tough decision, isn't it?? :) When the time comes, good luck with the planning! :)

Upvote 0
Re: Is there a bad choice?

Originally posted by disneycentral
On the monorail line:

I personally would go for the Polynesian. Great views, makes you feel like you went to Hawaii, with WDW thrown in. You can usually get better deals here than you can at Grand Floridian as well.

Off the monorail:

Animal Kingdom Lodge for sure. There are positives to Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk Area, but I just find the Animal Kingdom Lodge romantic and beyond all other resorts in every aspect. The rooms are great, you can't beat the views of the savannahs and the restaurants are out of this world. This is a great choice if you want seclusion.
If you want to be in the middle of everything, check out Boardwalk Inn or Beach and Yacht Club Resorts. We spent our last anniversary at the Boardwalk villas, and it was great. Really, any deluxe resort is going to give you a great choice of restaurants, great rooms and great service.
that gives me an idea they should make a disney park in hawaii

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by SilentRascal ...if you didn't care too much about the monorail but wanted a nice place (money is a factor...)

Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht & Beach Club.

The Poly, Yacht & Beach, and Contemporary are in a higher price range... and are the largest, nicest rooms on property. I really like the Y&B, since you can walk into Epcot, or take a boat to the Studios. MK is a monorail ride (and walk through Epcot) away. It also has Stormalong Bay... that ranks between a pool and a water park.

DAK lodge is maybe $25 less for a Savannah View room. Rooms are not as large, but still larger than many 'chain' hotels, and with many amenities. Both have nice themed pools. Wilderness lodge has similar-sized rooms

You'll save about $100 a night at the Caribbean Beach (or Port Orleans Riverside). Of those two, consider Port Orleans Riverside. It has a free boat shuttle to Downtown Disney... down the quiet Sassagoula River.

Upvote 0

RyanS

I'd say the Yacht Club. It's my favorite resort. The pool is amazing, the rooms are very comfortable. Epcot is a short walk away. Disney MGM is a short boatride. The Boardwalk is right accross the water, there is so much to do.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

personally, i would definately pick WL! i've visited all of these and stayed at WL and CB. the reason? well, personally, there's just something i find romantic about the old frontier. the entire atmosphere of the resort is just so relaxed and a walk on the nature trail, or an after dark rest on the beach would be so perfect! ...of course, the rooms are always nice... ;)

but if it was MY honeymoon, you better believe i'd be in the parks dragging my husband behind me! NOTHING will keep me from going into the parks!

Upvote 0

Belle13

Ok, since money is a factor... you could request a nice Bay Lake view Wing room at the Contemporary---this is the least expensive monorail resort. We had that view, and it was wonderful. Every morning, you could look out at the traquil water, and see the water fowl swimming and posing on the rocks. At night, you could lie in bed and hear and see the Electrical Water Pageant. The South wing is more remote, and further removed from the play area...which on a honeymoon is nice.

If you wanted a step up, then I would suggest a garden view room at the Polynesian. This is a romantic place, and the new pool is really nice.

As for a resort not on the monorail, I would choose the Yacht Club. The convenience to Epcot, MGM and the night life at Boardwalk just can't be beat! It is a beautiful resort, and the view will be good if you get either a garden or water view... I don't suggest a parking lot view, though. All of the rooms at the Yacht Club have a full balcony.

The 2 I wouldn't choose would be either the AKL or the WL. They are SO dark.. and the rooms are tiny, especially for a deluxe property. Transportation is a factor, here, as well.

Good luck with your decision!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom