If You Would of Told me Two Months Ago I'd be Going to Competition...

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
I wouldn't have believed you. Let me fill you in. About a month and a half ago, I tried out for a play, since I was in the drama club at my high school. Myself, and a whole bunch of friends auditioned, and that's really the only reason that I did. I was never an acting type, but I wanted to see what it would be like to audition. I auditioned for the part of Allen, in a play called "This is a Test". I didn't get that part. However, I did get the lead role in a play called "Variations of the Death of Trotsky".

So, after a few hurricanes, we finally got to work on the play, and really only had 8 good days to rehearse.

Little did I know, I was the lead in a three person cast, and having this be my very first acting job, I was extremely nervous. It was me (playing Trotsky), Erica (Playing my wife), and my good friend Bryan (playing my Mexican gardener, who kills me, and falls in love with my wife)...by the way, this play is a comedy lol.

So anyway, for the whole play, I had a mountain climbers axe sticking through my head, which was fun lol.

We performed the play October 6th through the 9th, as part of a 4 play show. Since each play was about 30 minutes, we combined 4 short plays into one (and mine was last, giving me plenty of time to get nervous).

So, last night, we did the final curtain call, and then we headed to Donato's pizza for the cast party. Now, We had known that the judges (for the Tampa competition of all Florida schools) had been in the audience for the last performance. What we didn't know was that they were in the audience for all 4 performances!

So, it came to the part where we got to find out who won...

my play was accepted into the best dual monologue category!!!

it was so weird. I never thought I'd win anything having to do with acting.

So anyways, I was just really excited, and I thought I's let you guys know. And I'll let you know how the competition goes too.

Here are a few pics of what my costume was like for the play.

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

thanks for listening to me babble on and on :lol:

Figment1986

wow... good job... way to go....

Maby you should now try marching band and see how those grand competitions are... thats fun...

(Never been interested in doing drama..)

Sir Hiss527

Hey Congrats, and good luck!

Funny play by the way..Hey Patrick! Didn't you interview for a job at Disney a while ago? Did they ever call you back?

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Testtrack321 said:
Congrats man! Just one question, why do you have the USSR symbol on top of your hat? :confused:
Um, I guess that is what it is. I was supposed to be a Russian historical figure, so I guess that's what that symbol is. I had to have an axe through my head, and without the hat, the axe band looked really bad against my blonde hair. We got that hat at a theater company in the area that was closing, so they had a huge sale.

By the way, I found out that the competitions are in January, giving me just enough time to grow out of my suit and forget my lines lol.

Dustin-Yea, I did go for an interview. I have called them like, 6 times, checking up on how far I'm up on the list. This last time, I left a message on my interviewer's voice mail. She called me back the next day, and told me she was very impressed with my interview, and I'm up high on the list, so it shouldn't be to much longer.

tigsmom

ISTCrew20 said:
Dustin-Yea, I did go for an interview. I have called them like, 6 times, checking up on how far I'm up on the list. This last time, I left a message on my interviewer's voice mail. She called me back the next day, and told me she was very impressed with my interview, and I'm up high on the list, so it shouldn't be to much longer.

Thats good to hear.
:sohappy:

Testtrack321

ISTCrew20 said:
Um, I guess that is what it is. I was supposed to be a Russian historical figure, so I guess that's what that symbol is. I had to have an axe through my head, and without the hat, the axe band looked really bad against my blonde hair. We got that hat at a theater company in the area that was closing, so they had a huge sale.

By the way, I found out that the competitions are in January, giving me just enough time to grow out of my suit and forget my lines lol.

Good to know that you are brushing up on your history.

darthdarrel

Congratulations!!
When I was in high school, I too was in the drama club and I was in the Thespian troupe aswell. I too was picked for contest play and we went all the way to state we did a play called "Up the down staircase"! Where we came in second, ohwell! LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom