If you were relocating. . .

wannabeBelle

I actually am friendly with a real estate agent team who are husband and wife, so when/if the time comes, I know who to call!! I know quite a few of the people I Am friendly with live in Davenport or Clermont. Any thoughts on those from our locals?? Marie

Keith2426

I’ve been looking homes in the area of Disney for about a year now and plan to move down to Florida within the next year. The Davenport Clermont area on Rt. 27, which is at the end of 192 is very nice. There are a lot of new developments in the area and it’s very easy to get to Disney from there. Rt. 27 runs along the back side Disney so it seems to be a little less touristy and less congested. Might be worth taking a look.

rprvw

Currently live in Clermont, right off 561. We moved from Louisville, KY in 2014. Clermont and the surrounding areas are really nice. Rolling hills, U-Pick it fruit farms, and farmers market every Sunday. Food Truck Friday the first Friday of every month. 27 is currently under a widening project. Taking it from 2 lanes in each direction to 3 in each. That said, current travel times vary greatly. Take’s about 30 – 45 Minutes to travel to Disney. Traffic can be really heavy during tourist season. Easily could take an hour during peak tourist seasons. We take a lot of back roads due to the construction on 27. Once completed though travel times should decrease. SECO is our cooperative power company. We’re paying .1106 cents per KW. Utilities INC is our water and sewer provider. Paid 18 dollars for water last month :p. Garbage and Recycling are included in your property taxes. Paid around 2100 a year for property taxes. Few things to remember, no taxes on your vehicles. No State income taxes. There’s not a state sales tax, so sales tax differs by city. Clermont is 7%. I’ve only seen 6.5% to 7% sales taxes though.

Last edited:

Surfin' Tuna

The growth that is occurring in the Clermont area would concern me a bit if I were moving there. I love it over that way, and we have a lot of friends in that area. I certainly prefer things that direction versus toward the east. The whole area is growing by leaps and bounds, so there are houses to be found but the prices are certainly not coming down anytime soon. A friend living in Winter Garden had to move sooner than his budget allowed, and he had to move all the way to Groveland to get something he could afford. None of the westerly talk seems to help the OP very much if she needs to be in the N/NE direction.

I am amazed however that deals like the one mentioned are still around in Lakeland. That's a great deal, and I'd jump on that area particularly for retirement purposes for people who are considering that. Certainly close enough to both Tampa and Disney (Orlando) but away from the overcrowding that seems to be the new norm here in Orange County.

Disney.Denise

Following along. Hubs and I both now retired. Have had our home in South Georgia up for sale for 9 months. Downsizing from 4BR 3BA. Too much house, tired of pool upkeep and too much yard. Our sons and grandchildren in the Clermont area. Looking for a 55+ community near them.

rk03221

I'd second Windemere or Winter Park. I have friends who live in both. Nice neighborhoods, not touristy, but still close enough to everything.

Until you start advertising it and then they all move here lol jk. But seriously theres too many people moving here, look at celebration or hunters creek

bethymouse

The growth here in Central Florida will be unprecedented! Be careful. Do your research! Here in Ocala, Marion County, we got hit hard from Hurricane Irma! There is a lot of crime that does not get reported! We just moved here 9 months ago. We love our house and our neighborhood, but don't like the City of Ocala itself. It's like Orlando if not worse! The closer you get to Orlando, the more the houses cost! We're 1 1/2 hours from Orlando, and find that's a decent location. Still can't afford annual passes though.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom