I would ride these attractions as soon as possible:

The TimeKeeper
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Jungle Cruise
Peter Pan's Flight

Just to warn everyone...

NowInc

*sigh*

A mysterious first post from a new user...

....let the flaming begin... (being sarcastic..i dont mean REALLY)

mkcm2002

Original Poster
I joined this website to just report this in. I have been browsing for a while.

Sorry to scare anyone, but this is what we have been told of recently.

adr315

Im not dissmissing this just yet...... on the LaughingPlace boards someone else said that some "classic attraction" is scheduled to close in early 2003, due to the Political Incorrectness of the attraction. I had narrowed it down to Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Even tho JC is safer than PoTC (b/c it has fastpass, whihc pirates doesnt) i rather have JC close then PoTC

NowInc

Originally posted by mkcm2002
I am not at liberty to say anything else. Ride them...sorry to report bad news if it is bad news.

Gee...not a liberty to say..

...all of MY contacts seem to say otherwise...hmm..odd...

Guys..honestly...you going to fall for this? Its his first posts on this forum..and has NO supporting facts to back him up...

mkcm2002

Original Poster
It is still a rumor, we have been discussing it for a while in the locker rooms.

Are there any other Cast Members on the forum who would like to support these rumors?

Mr. Inc, I can't really do much. Disney monitors these websites and they -can't- find out who I am, or I'm toast.

ToTBellHop

Well, we already knew the first two were on their way out, so it doesn't make much difference. Ugh...go bother another web group...like Universal. Threaten that Spidey will close b/c the 3D animation gave some kids seizures.

NowInc

Well...As Im sure you know..CMs are usually kept "in the dark" about a lot of what is going on at WDW....just to avoid rumors being spread..so excuse me for my lack of "faith" in these rumors..

Other reasons (other than the ones i already listed) why i feel this news is bogus::

Well..Timekeeper and CoP have been of no suprise...even if they did close..its not "Groundbreaking" news..

As for the other 2....they wouldnt CLOSE 2 attractions at the same time like that...maybe the slight alterations are true..but even then...its not a "last chance" situation...

adr315

So your saying that something about the political correctness of Jungle Cruise will eventually lead to its demise..... i dont remember JC much (i havent been on it in years, but ill prolly ride it next month) but i do recall some none-PC scenes with native americans and such. As for CoP and TK, those have been slowly dying anyway, so im not surprised. As for Peter Pan, i dont see what would make them take it out, since it usually has some pretty good lines. But maybe to replace it with some more modern attraction (like Pooh replacing Toad) would draw crowds......lets put it this way, if the majority of these attractions are replaced with something good (can anyone say Indy in the place of JC?), i wont really mind

WDW Imagineer

I would have to say that you should check you facts.

First like its been said the future of COp and Time is limited so not to big news there...although I wish they would stay...get off topic..

2nd why would disney spend the money to put fastpass in Peter Pan if they were going to remove it after not much longer then a year

for jungle cruise I would see no need to take if out unless.. fire mountain is somehow coming back into the picture:zipit:

adr315

OK, now that u say that some arent closing, i dont think JC will close, but itll probably be themed to Tarzan or something crazy like that.... As i was looking at my park map, i realized Peter Pan shares the same building as Lion King (soon to be Philarmagic).... could this mean they wanna redo that entire building? hmmmmm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom