If you really want to get married on the grounds and do it cheap...

some other guy

Original Poster
There's nothing prohibiting you from buying tix for you, your significant other, and a notary public who's game. Bring your paperwork and you can get married in front of Cinderella's Castle for under $1k if you think outside the box, and it'll be more important for a legal marriage in the state of Florida than most ceremonies.
When I did it we handled it a bit more Spaceballs-ish of a "do you? do you? sign here *STAMP* great you're married" but it's definitely do-able.

dreamfinder

Yes, It's doable. And often comes up when people ask about affordable options. However, keep in mind that Disney can ask you to leave if they catch you doing this, and they can ban whatever officiant you bring from doing any ceremonies at WDW in the future.

KingStefan

That's interesting. I never really thought about that before.

Not that I'm planning on doing anything like that, but how does one find out exactly what the rules are? What about at resorts?

Folks get engaged at MK and other places all the time; what's the big deal with a "Spaceballs-like" ceremony?

The Colonel

My wife and I renewed our vows in the old Rose Garden in front of Cindys. Technically not allowed, but we used a firm that does it all the time and I think Disney kind of looks the other way.

We also did it on a balcony at Bay Lake Tower and there was nothing they could do about that.

I would think on a balcony at Poly Bungalows would be nice and not much they could do about that either.

PeoplemoverTTA

For the price you spend on a deluxe hotel stay to do a quickie wedding, you could probably do a small ceremony. My wedding ceremony itself, including cake, bamboo arch thingy, officiant , flowers, etc was like $4,000, which I thought was really reasonable. I mean with our actual trip, welcome dinner, farewell breakfast, etc, it came to $20k (including the honeymoon, plane, etc), but you could do a basic, “real” ceremony for under $5k, which is really cheap.

1) I have been doing weddings and vow renewals within WDW for several years.
2) As an ordained Anglican priest, I only do religious ceremonies
. . . no Civil Ceremonies
. . . no Roman Catholic ceremonies, as that church does not recognize such ceremonies
. . . no same-sex marriages
3) I usually
. . . prefer to perform the ceremony at Fort Wilderness
. . . on your site, WDW cannot stop me
. . . as an alternative, the couple can rent a pontoon boat and get wed on the water along with guests
. . . you can also do one IN your resort room, but not as romantic
. . . if caught in the middle of a ceremony within-a-park, Cast Members can stop it mid-stream
4) Others like myself usually charge $125, plus $75 if a rehearsal is desired.

NOTE:
I do not perform ceremonies in-the-parks, and that is strictly taboo and I can be banned from WDW for life, even as guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom