If you had to choose

momto3grr8tkids

Original Poster
If you had to choose between staying in a resort and being in Disney for 2 days or staying off site and staying a week, which would you choose? Why?

We are in this situation. I would love to stay in a resort but it would definitely cut down the length of our trip to say 2 or 3 days versus we can afford to do 7 if we stay off site. We are leaning to staying off site but I wanted to see if others had reasons why it would be worth to go ahead and stay in the resort.

MommytoMJM

I would stay offsite for sure, but for us we would never spend enough time in the hotel to justify that being part of our vacation!

MKCP 1985

momto3grr8tkids said:
If you had to choose between staying in a resort and being in Disney for 2 days or staying off site and staying a week, which would you choose? Why?

We are in this situation. I would love to stay in a resort but it would definitely cut down the length of our trip to say 2 or 3 days versus we can afford to do 7 if we stay off site. We are leaning to staying off site but I wanted to see if others had reasons why it would be worth to go ahead and stay in the resort.
Look, the Disney resorts are great and all, but not worth cutting your trip in half. There are places all around the property where the actual facilities are much nicer and either less expensive or the same price as the value resorts.

There are plenty of people who will tell you the only way you get the Disney magic is to stay on property, but that is not quite true. In fact, you can stay in inexpensive motels on 192 or on 535 where you are just minutes away from the parks. If you are going to spend most of your time in the parks, you would do much better to enjoy the parks for additional days than to pay extra just to stay in a value resort. :wave:

Globe Girl

I would stay off site too. We don't spend that much time in the hotel room anyway. However, if your family enjoys just "hanging out" at the resort, then do that. But for more park time I would stay off site.

momto3grr8tkids

Original Poster
Yep that is what we are thinking too. I actually got an awesome deal on a hotel room off site.

But we have some very close friends who are going at the same time we are and they refuse to stay offsite so they will only be there for half the time. I just don't get that. I thought maybe there was something I was missing that would make someone actually want to cut their trip in 1/2 just to stay at a resort.

To me a hotel bed, is a hotel bed.

BRER STITCH

No question!

Stay as long as possible...WHEREVER that may be!

You are never in your room anyway and you can never have enough time in the parks!

GOOD LUCK!

:wave:

momto3grr8tkids

Original Poster
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR title="Post 1120681" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>LUV4Goofy</TD><TD class=alt2>Can anyone suggest any names of good Off-site hotels??? :confused:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We are staying at The Magic Castle Inn it is only like a mile or two from main gate. We got a great deal since it is off season. We are going in October and are only paying $29.99 + tax each night!! They have a website too, I think it is just magiccastle.com. It shows pics. It looks nice enough and they said they were just remodeled last year probably because of all the hurricanes.

ETA:
Actually I just found the link here ya go

www.magicorlando.com

barnum42

Ahh haaa! I always seemed to be along in promoting the fact you can visit the parks for a longer period of days by staying off-site and getting replies saying "You can't enjoy it if you don't stay on-site". Good to know I'm not alone :D

MKCP 1985's post pretty much covered the reasons for staying off-site. Plus you can still visit the resorts, take in the themeing and eat at their restaurants.

DisneyFreak529

Look, the Disney resorts are great and all, but not worth cutting your trip in half. There are places all around the property where the actual facilities are much nicer and either less expensive or the same price as the value resorts.

I have stayed in a Disney resort and it is wonderful. I also stayed off site twice and saved a lot of money. In December 2005 we are staying off site.

Some day I want my husband & I to stay in Port Orl. Disney Resort.

SpenceMan01

I've never stayed on site. I've wanted to, when your dad is paying the bill, you kinda have to leave it up to him. I'm (planning on) going to WDW for my honeymoon. I'll be staying on site for a couple of reasons: 1. I want to experience staying on-site at least once, 2. We'll both be <25, so renting a car is out.

If I was in your situation, momto3grr8tkids, I would choose off-site. You will still get the magic at the parks and you will be able to spend more time there overall.

captcanada

I am a HUGE supporter of staying "on-site".....
but....
NOT at the expense of losing a few days of your trip.

I LOVE Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie landings).....
It is a second home to me. Simply breath taking. But...you really don't spend a tonn of time at the resort anyway. If you don't have to rely on buses as your transportaion.....then I have to agree with everyone else.....off site = more time = better idea :)

wdwishes2005

stay off site, but have you looked at the lower end disney hotels?

the reason i love staying on site, is because for the full duration of your trip, your ingulfed in magic, and sometimes you feel like the real world is gone..

Connor002

7 verses 2

is this even a real question?

resort hotels are great but i think you could manage as long as your not going to be in the hotel a lot, so all i can say is that if you stay offsite, i hope you have good weather, so you won't be stuck there too long

-connor

P.S. i'm going to sea isle (beach city in NJ) for 3 weeks, i'll be gone all that time
your gonna miss me, right?:)

Anomalied

On one of our trips, we stayed at a great place called Orbit One. Our villa had two big bedrooms (one with an attached bathroom, complete with a whirlpool tub), a spacious living area (with a fold-out couch), a fully stocked kitchen/dining room, and a washer/dryer.

The complex was no more than five minutes from the front gates, and we had easy access to several fast food places and grocery stores. Believe me, these really help your food budget. We could go to the Publix the first night and get cereal, pop tarts, etc for the rest of the week.\

At only about $80 a night, we preferred this option over just about any Disney hotel.

wdw535

the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort on State Rd. 535 about a 1/2 mile from the hotel plaza blvd entrance to wdw is great have stayed there 3 times and love it. rates are around 99 a night but if you are a repeat guest you can get discounted rates. they have kidsuites, a movie theatre and a lot more. all rooms have kitchenettes so you can eat breakfast or dinner in your room. we usually go to publix which is about 3 minutes away at the intersection of 192 &535 in kissimmee to get stuff to eat some meals in the room. a great money saver

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom