If you had $200 of free money to spend at WDW...

CaptainAmerica

I went to the Hoop De Doo enjoyed it but $200 won't cover my family, it costs more then that for 4 people. Those of you who see me around these board commenting on prices, realize $200 is nothing for a family, it costs a $1000 a day for a family of 4 if you count it up. Do it up full scale and you head into $2000 a day. I'm getting the idea that most people on this board don't have children. Ironic since Walt's whole idea was to make a safe and entertaining theme park that was of much better quality then what was available at the time. Present Disney seems to want to price families out of the park. The rich are always welcome.
If you're spending $2,000 a day for a family of four, you're doing something wildly, horribly wrong. Unless you're someone who doesn't care about money but you obviously do.

BrianV

If you're spending $2,000 a day for a family of four, you're doing something wildly, horribly wrong. Unless you're someone who doesn't care about money but you obviously do.

Agreed 2000 would take some effort, unless you include prorated rental car, airline tickets, cab to the airport in Boston, etc. But sadly 1000 is completely possible if not likely. Let's say 300 for tickets for a family of four for tickets (assuming part of a multi day pass). Another 300 for a room at a deluxe. Breakfast at the castle for $250. Quick serve lunch and snacks for $50. Dinner anywhere in Epcot for $150. And presto you are over $1000.

As for us, I'm a practical person. When I have gift cards, like I did for signing up for a disney visa, I use toward my disney hotel. But if the question is what extragant thing I'd like to try, I'd say the behind the scenes tour at the land.

BrianV

I think that tour is only like $20 and it's EXCELLENT.

Wow. Not sure why I always assumed that was a fortune?!? Next time. And I still have $120 of my theoretical $200 left over after. Not quite enough for the Garden Grill (one of our favorites) but think I would apply toward dinner there...

rkw

Probably one of those 3-D photo engraved crystal blocks. We saw someone getting photographed for theirs at one of the shops and it looked pretty interesting.

CaptainAmerica

37 Dole Whip floats.

I don't have a problem.
If you don't, you will.

Bathroom-Evolution-06.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom