If you could revive one thing at WDW...

Sonconato

MK = Lillian's Rose Garden
EPCOT = FW = World of Motion and WS = Off Kilter
HS = Sorcery in the Sky fireworks, its music and Vincent Price narrating
AK = Village Beatniks
TWDC = "Walt Disney" himself :)...in which case, we would probably have all of what we all miss and some!!!

cosmicray

It's incredibly hard to pick between Horizons or the original Journey into Imagination... I guess ultimately I'd have to say Horizons since Imagination still exists in some form.
Same decision I was trying to make. On a Horizons kick today, though, so I guess I would have to choose that. Such an awe-inspiring and beautiful attraction, it's a shame I was too young to have ever ridden it. It was in the process of being demolished during my first trip to Epcot. :cry:

epcotisbest

Same decision I was trying to make. On a Horizons kick today, though, so I guess I would have to choose that. Such an awe-inspiring and beautiful attraction, it's a shame I was too young to have ever ridden it. It was in the process of being demolished during my first trip to Epcot. :cry:
Our first trip was as a young couple in 1983, just starting our life together. We rode Horizons many, many times over the years and we too thought it was awe inspiring and beautiful. It was a must do every trip, along with World of Motion, both classic, iconic rides. We still go about twice a year, sometimes three times per year, and while there are must do classics all around WDW, nothing, for us compares to Horizons. Of course, if it were still there people would be complaining how the recent remodel changed it for the worse, or that it is old and outdated and needs to be changed or whatever, but I bet there are way more who would still love it.

cosmicray

Our first trip was as a young couple in 1983, just starting our life together. We rode Horizons many, many times over the years and we too thought it was awe inspiring and beautiful. It was a must do every trip, along with World of Motion, both classic, iconic rides. We still go about twice a year, sometimes three times per year, and while there are must do classics all around WDW, nothing, for us compares to Horizons. Of course, if it were still there people would be complaining how the recent remodel changed it for the worse, or that it is old and outdated and needs to be changed or whatever, but I bet there are way more who would still love it.
I always wish I had a time machine to go back and be able to experience these attractions, they truly were timeless. Jealous that you visited in 1983, that was a great time to visit EPCOT Center! And I agree, there would still be griping if Horizons was still around. I would be one of the people, however, who still loved the attraction and would ride it every chance I could get :D

EpcotMark

The Jeremy Irons Spaceship Earth. Or just frankly, put some "Real" Inspiration back into Spaceship Earth and Future World in general frankly. Sick of it looking like Corporate America. Future World has become based on the fallacy that technology can "save us."

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd revive a new nutrition animatronic show in the Circle of Life theatre at Epcot. With the animatronic styles of Kitchen Kabaret, but the humorous parody-script version of Food Rocks.

nelsonj3

Horizons!!

If I could have more than one, I'd revive the original Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, Irons Version of SSE, Dreamflight, and of course, Mr. Toad! Is that too much to ask? :)

ght

I agree with pretty much everything everyone else said. One thing I would bring back, which seems like a minor thing, is the Swan Boats to the Magic Kingdom. All of the water around the hub is one of the distinctive features that the MK has compared to other DL-style parks and it is a shame it isn't taken advantage of more.

Lee

Adventurer
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom