If you could remove one attarction...

Ok I don't know how much you can count this as an attraction but The Circle of Life movie in The Land just doesn't do anything for me. I understand it's mainly for small children, but its just a movie. Although there isn't much room a ride would definitely be nice to see there some day!

Montyboy

Actually there has been a few. Guess you missed them:shrug:

Anyway, I think disney needs to get rid of Peter Pans Flight. When we went in off season the line was 2 hours. All for a 2 minute ride? No Thanks!

You are correct. I will blame it on being early Sunday morning.

MnWildFan06

I believe they should take out Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and put in a Indiana Jones ride like at Disneyland.Or if your gonna keep Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular change it up like do some other parts of like temple of doom or something.But I would rather have the ride like at Disneyland

Silvermist

Slightly off topic here but the kids love the Speedway so I would hate to see it go away completely. Imo it would fit well at Disney Studios with a Cars theme. With the vehicles being the Cars movie characters driving down Route 66 through Radiator Springs and other scenes from the movie, there is potential for a great little attraction if it was done right. I bet most adults would want to ride as much as the kids.

JML42691

Actually there has been a few. Guess you missed them:shrug:

Anyway, I think disney needs to get rid of Peter Pans Flight. When we went in off season the line was 2 hours. All for a 2 minute ride? No Thanks!
Isn't that more of a reason for them to keep it?:shrug: If a ride is drawing in amazingly long crowds then there is no reason to close it.

For me, I would like to see many rides refurbed (BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME) rather than things closed. I would like to see GMR updated, Sounds Dangerous refurbed with a new show revolving around sound, another Indiana Jones ride along with updating the stunts to stunts in the new movie (if it is going to happen), a backlot tour update or scrapping, along with removing the Indy car racing and removing the stage next to Cop. But most importanly, don't move or remove CoP, give it a major refurb.

hauntdmansion79

I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers, but I vote for CoP...:eek:

...now hold on a minute and let me explain :)

Let's face it, in the hands of MK management, CoP has been left to die a slow, painful death (although there's new carpeting...too bad some of the AAs look terrible, and I cannot stand to hear the phrase, "You're not going to talk about the old days when you didn't even have a car phone?" or any reference to 'blink and you'll miss it' laserdiscs one more time).

I love this attraction, and that's why I'm suggesting this. Send it back to it's original home (well, after the World's Fair), and put CoP back in DL, where they tend to take better care of classic attractions. People in CA would go nuts over a return, and it would undoubtedly receive some much-deserved and -needed love.

Then, in addition to knowing one of Walt's original and best (IMO) attractions is being treated properly, MK's Tomorrowland can welcome a cutting-edge attraction (perhaps even take out the stage next door and do something huge)!

Does that soften the blow a little? :cool:
Truthfully, I'm only suggesting it because I grew up loving this attraction and I hate to see it in the shape it's in.

This is the only way I would be OK with letting COP leave Walt Disney World. But I would miss it SO MUCH!

As for my vote:

Dinoland USA

Here's my pool of choices:
Stich's Great Escape
Sounds Dangerous
Dinoland USA
Toon Town
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Space Ranger Spin
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show
Backlot Tour/Catastrophy Canyon
Alladdin's Magic Carpets
Pooh's playland
Imagination Pavilion (take out HISTA and redo Journey)
The Wand.....I'M KIDDING! ;)

KingofHearts

Banned
Original Poster
I agree that WDW does not care for attractions like DL does. but I think instead of moving CoP to DL it just needs some love and IMO it fits better in WDW. I'd be very upsset to see it go. I'd rater see it in it's run down state then see it moved.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Isn't that more of a reason for them to keep it?:shrug: If a ride is drawing in amazingly long crowds then there is no reason to close it.

For me, I would like to see many rides refurbed (BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME) rather than things closed. I would like to see GMR updated, Sounds Dangerous refurbed with a new show revolving around sound, another Indiana Jones ride along with updating the stunts to stunts in the new movie (if it is going to happen), a backlot tour update or scrapping, along with removing the Indy car racing and removing the stage next to Cop. But most importanly, don't move or remove CoP, give it a major refurb.

Beleive me most people hear its this great ride and stuff i see people get off and listen to there dissapointment! Like i know and alot of other people i know will never waste 2 hours of our life for that. And there isnt that great of a queue area either.

I downloaded Firefox :wave:

DisneyMusician2

CoP could really use a good refurb....

But if I could pull one attraction, it would HAVE to be SGE. Just an interesting concept that has been re-imagined into stupidity. It MUST GO! :brick:

NadieMasK2

^What he said!

I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers, but I vote for CoP...:eek:

...now hold on a minute and let me explain :)

Let's face it, in the hands of MK management, CoP has been left to die a slow, painful death (although there's new carpeting...too bad some of the AAs look terrible, and I cannot stand to hear the phrase, "You're not going to talk about the old days when you didn't even have a car phone?" or any reference to 'blink and you'll miss it' laserdiscs one more time).

I love this attraction, and that's why I'm suggesting this. Send it back to it's original home (well, after the World's Fair), and put CoP back in DL, where they tend to take better care of classic attractions. People in CA would go nuts over a return, and it would undoubtedly receive some much-deserved and -needed love.

Then, in addition to knowing one of Walt's original and best (IMO) attractions is being treated properly, MK's Tomorrowland can welcome a cutting-edge attraction (perhaps even take out the stage next door and do something huge)!

Does that soften the blow a little? :cool:
Truthfully, I'm only suggesting it because I grew up loving this attraction and I hate to see it in the shape it's in.

Well Said. I have to admit that CoP is in need of some BIG changes. The language is HOKEY...kids don't relate to it, and adults are annoyed by it. And the present/future section is RIDICULOUS. The clothing is out of the fourth season of The Cosby Show. It's the one attraction I go on just for a good laugh. I'm completely aware that it's Walt's baby, but it's time to update it.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here...but I wish that WDW took better care of some of their classic attractions. I know the CBJ is old and tired, but it's been in MK forever, and it shouldn't be removed. But the blasted thing needs a MAJOR rehab. PPF isn't looking so good anymore either. It's one of my faves, but it needs to be repaired.

The loved the original Tiki show...and the new one is a bastardization of it. They removed the Tiki part of it and replaced it with Gloria Estephan?

But if I had to choose one attraction, it would be Sounds Dangerous. I've never seen (or heard) such a waste of prime MGM real estate as that attraction. It's the dumbest thing at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom