If you could re-arrange the resort...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's a complex question but hopefully one that can get some good responses.

Let's say that you have all of the parks, resorts and special areas (like DTD) to work with, would you re-arrange the resort, and where would you put things?

Obviously there's a ton of resorts out there, so just naming a few is ok.

Tim G

Nah, this is more a WDW General Discussion thread.

On topic, I would put all the parks and resorts along a mega-lake with MK in the middle on an island. Can you imagine the postcards? :D
With things like that, it certainly wouldn't belong here...

DisneyJoe

I would opt for a hub and spoke configuration, with a transportation hub (and entertainment district?) in the center, with a spoke leading from the center to each park.

Around the outside of this hub and spoke would be a large circle, all of the resorts would exist on this large circle, with transportation around the circle, to the parks, and to the hub.

No buses or cars would exist anywhere within the circle, only monorails or other environmentally efficient vehicles.

Fun2BFree

With things like that, it certainly wouldn't belong here...

It seems no more out of place than "Which movy would u make a ride off?", "Boreingest rides evers" or "wat wood Walt do???"

It fits the forum's title: General Discussion about WDW, and that's all the criteria I need. ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would opt for a hub and spoke configuration, with a transportation hub (and entertainment district?) in the center, with a spoke leading from the center to each park.

Around the outside of this hub and spoke would be a large circle, all of the resorts would exist on this large circle, with transportation around the circle, to the parks, and to the hub.

No buses or cars would exist anywhere within the circle, only monorails or other environmentally efficient vehicles.

I like this idea

jsdratm

Yeah it would be nice to have the parks arranged in a spoke so you can quickly go between them, but then again they would have to have a HUGE parking lot. Imagine trying to find your car if all the lots were combined into one... :lookaroun

I guess you could still have separate lots if you made them in a close circle, then you could have a monorail circle between all them too. :D

theyip1218

Id love a nice dome like the Original Epcot ideas (there WAS a dome, right?) to keep out the rain and other elements.

I love the Hub and spoke idea, but I'd keep the hotels out of the spokes and out of my dome to random places around disney property, so they could keep the identity of their Mexican, Polynesian, or whatever theme they have. Id put the Contemporary in the Entertainment district though.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
Id love a nice dome like the Original Epcot ideas (there WAS a dome, right?) to keep out the rain and other elements.

I've researched the original EPCOT plan for years and I have never seen any concept with a dome. There was going to be an enclosed business/retail area but it was more like a shopping mall in layout with skylights. (malls were a new concept in the 60's I think)

DisneyJoe

Yeah it would be nice to have the parks arranged in a spoke so you can quickly go between them, but then again they would have to have a HUGE parking lot. Imagine trying to find your car if all the lots were combined into one...

Any car parking would be on the outside of the circle, you would need to take some type of transport to your park.

WDFAN1977

I would run the monorail to all the parks (including water), downtown and WL (my home away from home that I will not see again until Dec 09 :cry:).

The Mom

Premium Member
FYI, I'm not bothered by this discussion remaining in this forum. It's one of those grey areas, IMO. Not 100% WDW General Discussion, but not 100% Imagineering, and definitely not off topic enough to be moved to Chit-Chat. I'll wait and see which way it goes; right now it's sort of 50/50, but could tip over into imagineering if people become more specific.

It's not as if people are asking about resorts and transportation, or discussing last night's TV shows. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom