If you could pick any time of the year...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
This is a "what if" question! If you could pick any time of the year to travel to WDW, when would you go and why? Is it b/c of crowd levels, weather, special events, etc.? Forget about work and school, this is as I said, a "what if" question!

TTFN-Tiggger

Christmas time! To see the lights, decorations and MVMCP! I have been the last two years and loved it!! The parks are so beautiful with all the decorations up. If you go the beginning of December you can avoid the large crowds that arrive on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day!:eek:

H20Babie

Well, since most of the events fall when most teachers are, well, teaching, I would love to go in October for the MVSHP and F&W Festival, mid-December for MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional and all that goes with the Christmas season, and (don't laugh) June for the Star Wars Weekends with DS. Hopefully, I'll be able to cross one event off my list this year if they ever officially annouce dates ... P&P Party!

KingStefan

For crowd levels (in order):
Late Jan-Early Feb
Late Oct
Early Sep
Early Dec

I have never been in Dec, and would love to go because everyone says the decorations and special events are really great.

I absolutely loved the Food and Wine festival!

I have found that going at the times when the crowds are really the absolute lowest means that the park hours will be the shortest. So as a general rule, just before and after the times listed above are ideal for me (avoiding Christmas and Thanksgiving). The parades are better, and the parks are open late!

And I know you said forget work and school, but our favorite times to go when we can actually go are Passover, when it doesn't coincide with Easter, and the week before Labor Day, when the kids in the NY Metro area haven't started school yet, but most of the rest of the country has.

Once again forgetting about that, I've been most every time of year except Christmas, and the only time I would hesitate to go is Mid-May to Mid-August (especially mid-June to the end of July), Easter Week, Christmas Week, and Thanksgiving.

Every other time of the year is fabulous. Heck, I've been in June before and it was great. In fact anytime you're in WDW is great! It just depends on what you do with it!

mary219

definitely christmas.I would love to see the lights and special events.I went once in the early 80's and i was pretty.Now,it looks amazing.

Figment626

I've been to WDW the past two summers, my fiance has been going every year since she was a kid and got me hooked. We would love to get there for Halloween and Christmas!

doop

I would love to go aroud this time, because of the crowd levels. We always have to go at spring break, which can be frustrating at times.

jiminy.cricket

I'm going to have to go with early May or September--November to avoid the crowds. I really prefer Disney in the Spring and Summer to the colder months, I guess because I grew up visiting in the warmer months.

KingStefan

I'm going to have to go with early May or September--November to avoid the crowds. I really prefer Disney in the Spring and Summer to the colder months, I guess because I grew up visiting in the warmer months.

Avoid Jersey Week and Thanksgiving and the week before, though.

disneygirl1

I have to agree with the majority of the post and say I would love to go during Christmas. Hopefull that will happen this year.

I do love going in the beginning of May for the F & G Festival as well as in Mid October the weather during both times of year is absolutely beautiful.

Crazy4WDW1

I would absolutely love to be at WDW for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I think it would amazing to wake up on Christmas and go to the parks.

EPCOT.nut

Late Jan through Early Feb is pretty the much the only time of year I got to AK for full-days.
EPCOT faves are during the Food & Wine fest and Flower & Garden fest, and to see any concerts that I can. And every other available day!
MK = Labor Day, Oct and early Nov, as well as Jan-Feb.
MGM...meh, whenever.

Tinkrbell

The middle of October for my birthday & MNSSHP. The crowds have been almost nonexistant when I've gone then the past two years. The weather is usually good.

I had wanted to se the Christmas lghts since I saw them in the process of being put up in Oct. 2006 . I finally got to do that less than 3 weeks ago, but I still want to go back in the begnning of December to see more of the holiday stuff at the resorts (like the gngerbread houseat GF) and MVMCP. It's cooler than in October, but I can handle a little cold, afterall, I'm from Wisconsin.

surfsupdon

I've been many times at this time, but my favorite time is still for New Years Eve and the days leading up to it. There is just so much excitement and around the place. So what about the crowds--that's what makes it!

Disney Stacey

i am going to have to go with thw majority here and go with christmas,
that is my dream and like all good dreams it is coming true this year, after just two years of saving and planning.
cant wait to see the lights, feel the christmas spirit, and just enjoy being a kid again.(LOL)

I luv WDW

Christmas, then spring

Christmas is the best time of year at WDW, with all the decorations, special shows, etc. But Flower and Garden Festival time, particularly in May, is not bad, either. That's when we're coming this year.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom