If you could change one thing about the current Seas Pavilion what would it be?

copcarguyp71

Somehow bring back the "suspension of disbelief" that you felt with the old hydrolator/sea base alpha theme.

Obviously a new spin on it would be ideal but right now you walk into the building knowing it is an attraction and a ride...just like any other pavilion but it used to feel like a journey...like you took an excursion and that was what set it apart from the other attractions...now it is just more white noise with an overlay IMO. I hate to be "that guy" but the old Living Seas and Horizons took you on a journey and I miss that aspect of Epcot. Mission space comes close...but falls short of the oldie but goodies.

JIMINYCR

1. Follow the sound of the giggling Nemo who is hiding from his dad who is screaming "NEMO?!" non-stop.

2. Harpoon Nemo.

3. Show the harpooned Nemo to his dad and tell him to just. shut. up.

4. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

10cec4ea8e8cad21ea949fc2ecc9db91--mine-mine-timeline-photos.jpg

You forgot # 5. Feed Nemo to the Mine seagulls out front.

BoarderPhreak

Add interest... ANYTHING. It's a boring, musty old ghost town with only the ride carrying the entire pavilion (which itself is well long in the tooth). Then again, that could be said for most things in Future World...

I'd say bring back Seabase Alpha, but you know that's never going to happen.

Myth Maker

Cheap, (not really a) joke answer there, I know.

1 thing I’d change is I would bring it’s theme back to undersea exploration. I’d want the entire pavilion adhere to that theme. I’d want people walking out not to think “well, that was a subpar aquarium”, but to dream about someday exploring the oceans to see and learn all it has to offer. I’d want the queue to set up the ride, the ride to introduce the theme of oceanic exploration, and the rest of the pavilion to tell one cohesive story reinforcing that theme.

This is exactly spot on! The biggest problem with these two new shell omnimovers rides is that you are a passive participant. Nemo and Little Mermaid both have the exact same problem. You are a passive participant literally just watching a poor re-telling of a movie. Compare this to other classic rides like Mr. Toads or even Winnie or Haunted Mansion where you are an active participant inside the story itself.

Nemo is a pretty easy fix. Simply have the Nemo characters take you on a journey and involve you in the story! Meaning have them take you from the beach to under the sea to their Seabase laboratory so you can learn all about the different fish and plant life that lives under the sea. Mr Ray makes it easy to tell this story.

This is why although the ride is "ok", the disconnect is really large and its hard to put your finger on why you don't enjoy it as much as other experiences, but that is exactly why.

star77kc1

Like someone else mentioned, make it the “Marine Life Institute.” Like the Film “Finding Dory”, teaches, my hope is that EPCOT would retire its 2 dolphins, and make the pavilion an educational attraction, teaching about true conservation, etc. Disney could also be the first to introduce holographic sea images! This way we can learn about dolphins, whales, etc without actually having to lock them up.

Goofyernmost

All I would want is the return of the Hydrolators. That would bring back the undersea feel and also.. they were a very fun ride simply because I found it facinating that even though we never moved an inch, they found a way to play fast and loose with my brain. In spite of the fact that every fiber in my being knew we were not moving, my brain told me I was. Fish are fish and they will be the same no matter what we do, so the illusion is what the goal should be.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Return it to the original theme, of course update things and make it more modern. But today this is more relevant than it was in the 80s. We care about our oceans more, we know about the environmental actions weve made. I remember when the below show aired, I was amazed and couldn't wait....
Nemo... whats special about that?

TwilightZone

Adding this now because a lot of people forget nemo brought in more popularity and breathed in new life into the seas.
At one point the nickname was the dead seas because a lot of features were gone from opening day and there wasn't as many fish to see.
So as much as we all want seabase alpha to come back, if it did it will not be as popular as we'd like to think it would be with the general public of the modern era.
Of course, there is a possibility I could be wrong, but history in both life and theme parks tend to rhyme.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Add new animal exhibits...the education needs to remain in Epcot...

And occasional something more exotic on the menu of coral reef...salmon and mahi are great and all...but enough already...

21stamps

We haven’t been in this attraction in the past 13 months, did they remove the shark tooth stations and the CMs walking around?

WDW_Jon

Let the Dolphins out to somewhere with a lot more space. I’m surprised WDW haven’t come under more pressure particularly after Sea World getting hammered.
I realise an Orca in those conditions may be viewed as more extreme before somebody draws comparison! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom