If Walt were alive, what ride or attraction would impress him the most?

Krack

He would have loved the flagship original Future World attractions - Spaceship Earth, Horizons, the Universe of Energy, Journey Into Imagination, Listen to the Land, and the World of Motion. He'd probably love the American Adventure too.

PurpleDragon

If Walt were alive now, he would be 109 years old and probably wouldn't be able to see or hear very well. So I would venture to guess that he wouldn't have much of an opinion on anything.

beyondyou

I think he would love, and be impressed with DAK the most since he seemed to love animals and always wanted to do something like DAK(see JC)

but a specific ride? SSE i bet

Master Gracey 5

The Kilimanjaro Safaris - Walt loved animals and this is what he wanted the Jungle Cruise to be when they originally came up with the idea. I think the fact that his company created a new ride to help get people close to animals and raise awareness of endangered species is something he would appreciate.

EDIT: Same wavelength beyondyou - and posted at the same time!

goofykt

The Kilimanjaro Safaris - Walt loved animals and this is what he wanted the Jungle Cruise to be when they originally came up with the idea. I think the fact that his company created a new ride to help get people close to animals and raise awareness of endangered species is something he would appreciate.

EDIT: Same wavelength beyondyou - and posted at the same time!

I was thinking the exact same thing about his original plans for the Jungle Cruise and how Kilimanjaro Safaris finally realized that dream. I think he'd also be really impressed with how far they've advanced audio anamatronics....like Lucky the Dinosaur.

BrerFrog

SSE is my best guess, but it is really hard to imagine what he would think since he was so unpredictable. I will also say he would love AK, and would tell his team to bring down Dinorama. :D

DisneyGator

I was thinking the exact same thing about his original plans for the Jungle Cruise and how Kilimanjaro Safaris finally realized that dream. I think he'd also be really impressed with how far they've advanced audio anamatronics....like Lucky the Dinosaur.

I couldn't agree with you more! KS was actually the first thing that came to my mind, thinking back to his ideas for the Jungle Cruise.

Overall though, I think Walt would be very proud to see what his dream has grown into ....for all the faults and problems that arise in the Disney company/resorts/industry etc, it is amazing to see how many of us have been really touched by the magic. He created all of this. Walt is the reason that thousands of us gather on message boards every day to talk about how much we love the Disney magic, the reason that we daydream about being at WDW constantly. Imagine how he would feel to see how far his dream has come! Obviously it has taken the help of thousands of people to get the Disney empire where it is today, but it really is amazing when you stop and think that one man started it all....:king:

goofykt

I couldn't agree with you more! KS was actually the first thing that came to my mind, thinking back to his ideas for the Jungle Cruise.

Overall though, I think Walt would be very proud to see what his dream has grown into ....for all the faults and problems that arise in the Disney company/resorts/industry etc, it is amazing to see how many of us have been really touched by the magic. He created all of this. Walt is the reason that thousands of us gather on message boards every day to talk about how much we love the Disney magic, the reason that we daydream about being at WDW constantly. Imagine how he would feel to see how far his dream has come! Obviously it has taken the help of thousands of people to get the Disney empire where it is today, but it really is amazing when you stop and think that one man started it all....:king:

Nicely put. And to expand upon that, he has given the American family a priceless gift. WDW adds to my excitement about having a family. My husband and I don't have kids yet, and sometimes I get freaked out about having kids and raising them in the current world climate (like poor Phoebe Prince). But then I think about Disney, and the fact that there is still a happy place in the world where I can spend time with my family and have some good, clean fun. Just thinking about having kids and watching their faces the first time they see Cinderella's Castle...it gives me goosebumps! Can't wait for those days to come :sohappy:

sorcerergoofy

I don't think there I can name just 1 specific ride. I think that he would be impressed by what Walt Disney World has become since his death. He would be proud of everything as a whole.

DisneyGator

Nicely put. And to expand upon that, he has given the American family a priceless gift. WDW adds to my excitement about having a family. My husband and I don't have kids yet, and sometimes I get freaked out about having kids and raising them in the current world climate (like poor Phoebe Prince). But then I think about Disney, and the fact that there is still a happy place in the world where I can spend time with my family and have some good, clean fun. Just thinking about having kids and watching their faces the first time they see Cinderella's Castle...it gives me goosebumps! Can't wait for those days to come :sohappy:

I couldn't agree with you more!!! My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married next year and we are really looking forward to starting a family. One of the things we both absolutely cannot wait to do is take our kids to Disney World. You are right, it is a scary time to raise kids...and yes, the Phoebe Prince story is a horrific example of the way things have become. I see a lot of really scary things every day (I am a Public Defender in the Juvenile Division of the criminal court). But WDW provides a perfect escape...it is absolutely amazing to watch kids' faces at WDW--especially MK! We have gone with my niece and nephews, and it is incredible! I definitely am really looking forward to it too!!

Stunnerr22

Magic Kingdom - Mickey's PhilharMagic

Epcot - American Adventure

Hollywood Studios - Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safaris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom