If this is not a blantant money grab, I don't know what is.....

bwr827

That’s not bad.

Also, I think they should do deals on genie for parties of 2+, but they’d have to book the same ride at the same time. (If you want to book separate rides, get two separate full price tickets.)

So if it’s 2 people, you save a little. If it’s 2 adults and 2 kids, it should cost as much as 3 people - but again, the app only permits the group to book one ride at a time.
I like that group rate idea. Makes it easier to swallow for my family of four.

Jrb1979

That’s not bad.

Also, I think they should do deals on genie for parties of 2+, but they’d have to book the same ride at the same time. (If you want to book separate rides, get two separate full price tickets.)

So if it’s 2 people, you save a little. If it’s 2 adults and 2 kids, it should cost as much as 3 people - but again, the app only permits the group to book one ride at a time.
Disagree. It's already been said too many guests have it each day. It's why availability runs out so quickly. IMO it needs to go the other way and be priced higher.

bwr827

Uh, no. There’s no crossover between Yankees fans and Red Sox fans. Yankees fans are Yankees fans and can’t stand the Red Sox; and Red Sox fans are just wrong.

😉 but if they were 20 minutes apart, Yankees fans are not going to Fenway.

There is much more crossover between WDW and Uni, and that’s fine. But some Disney fans don’t cross over, and vice versa.

As much as I love Harry Potter, I haven’t been able to justify a Uni ticket. I’m always comparing the price to my WDW AP, so it doesn’t make sense unless there’s a great deal on a Uni AP. and a whole year I don’t want to go to WDW. So far, meh. I’m just not that into U.
Fair enough re: Yankees and Sox fans. Whereas I’d be simply a mild baseball fan, and would be happy to visit either every year or two.

Are you saying you’re a Potter fan and have never visited Wizarding World?

the_rich

Fair enough re: Yankees and Sox fans. Whereas I’d be simply a mild baseball fan, and would be happy to visit either every year or two.

I'm a potter fan and I've never visited. Most of the potter rides would make me sick so I can't justify the cost even though the area looks great.

bwr827

I'm a potter fan and I've never visited. Most of the potter rides would make me sick so I can't justify the cost even though the area looks great.
Well worth the $150 to simply walk around the place for the first time, take in the ambience and shows, enjoy a hot or frozen butter beer. Ride the Hogwarts Express. Walk the Hogwarts castle queue.

On the way out you could catch the Bourne Stuntacular.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Well worth the $150 to simply walk around the place for the first time, take in the ambience and shows, enjoy a hot or frozen butter beer. Ride the Hogwarts Express. Walk the Hogwarts castle queue.

On the way out you could catch the Bourne Stuntacular.
Totally......
There is a line to walk through Hogwarts.....if you don't want to ride it.

As a potter Fan nothing is better. It's wild.

Tony the Tigger

Yes. (I know, I know.) I’ve looked several times, never pulled the trigger. They had a decent AP rate deal several months back.
That’s part of it for me, too. I really want to ride the train, though.

Club Cooloholic

Maybe it's just me, but I far prefer the vacations where I don't have to make an appointment for every facet of the trip. Guess I'm Old School.
How the heck did you find your way into this forum!??
JK, I know what you mean. I am a bit of a planner so I don't mind, but if my wife were running it, she would have quit trips to Disney after one day trying to make dining/ride reservations

JMcMahonEsq

Your analogy doesn’t work. If the Yanks and Sox played 20 minutes away from each other, we’d definitely be asking those questions.

Just because you’re a Disney purist, doesn’t mean millions of vacationers don’t visit Universal as well; they’re both flagship destinations.
First the sox and Yankees play roughly 3 hours away from each other, not a big deal geographically.

Second, unless they are playing each other, sox fans are not just randomly going to watch the yankees, nor vise versa. Just like if I want to bring my kids to see Mickey or Anna and Elsa, it really doesn't matter how well themed the wizarding world is at Universal, if they don't like HP, we aren't going.

Third the post I was responding too was commenting on how I personally deal with Universal. As someone on a Disney Fan board, not a general Orlando Vacation board, or theme parks anonymous message board, I don't really care what happens at other locations or how fans of other parks view things. I am on a Disney board for a reason.

TalkToEthan

As someone on a Disney Fan board, ………….., I don't really care what happens at other locations or how fans of other parks view things.

Fair enough, I guess

Most of us here don’t take that “island” or isolationist viewpoint.

a more meaningful understanding and/or appreciation much of the time comes from comparing/contrasting

meteorwave

In the Parks
Yes
At this point, everyone who has been on Guardians or Tron multiple times is getting virtual queue fatigue. I for one, am frustrated with only being able to ride the Attraction once in a day, unless you pay and hopefully secure a Lightning Lane. From my understanding, the last hour the parks are open, both Guardians and Tron have empty queue buildings.

I think this all stems from the fact that Disney cannot backpedal from what Bob Chapek had said during an interview in regards to the Hagrid's ride at Universal. Hagrid's had posted an 8 hour line that day, and the newscaster had asked Bob C. what he thought about this. He called it a failure, and a sign of weakness. He also called it a negative guest experience. As a result, Disney has to tow this line, lest they be called out for also being "weak" by Universal.

And Universal has been calling out Disney right and left, throughout every one of their ads. Their latest one says, "You can ride Velocicoaster 10 times in one day (if you want to)." Making an obvious dig at the fact that you cannot ride Disney's headlining coasters more than once a day.

I agree with previous posters, the Lightning Lane is a huge financial incentive to keep the Virtual Queue in place. The LL did not even exist when Rise of the Resistance first opened. Perhaps that's why the VQ ended for Rise after two years? Also, one cannot help but realize the money Disney is probably saving in staffing those attractions. They do not have to keep their PM cast members around while the 8 PM - Close guests are making their way through a high demand ride. That means everyone gets sent home at their proper out-time. This prevents overtime and other issues with hourly pay.
Now that Test Track is closed, and soon to be Big Thunder, Epcot and Magic Kingdom will have capacity challenges again. So from Disney's perspective, the VQ's will possibly mitigate the lack of their two biggest E-ticket rides. I completely disagree with this, and subscribe to allowing natural crowd flow throughout the parks. People (for the most part) are reluctant to get into a 2.5+ hour queue. I can barely go one-two hours without having to use the restroom. Disney just needs to release control of these rides, they've been open for a while now.

ppete1975

Seriously
I know WDW is a greedy house, but come on now.
1 headliner down for a long time and they still need to squeeze people into the virtual BS and hope others will pay. And they do....

This is a new Dis low for me,
Open this bloody que already WDW.

THIS RIDE IS OVER 2 YEARS OLD.....
I wouldnt call it greed. I would call it the move from high capacity to low capacity rides. The demand is just too great for standby lines. You can still ride it for free. If you dont get a free ride or want to ride it more than once then you have to pay. The only way they could make it work would be to remove ILL and LL from it and just make it standby only, that way the line moves a decent rate. But still for the low capacity and demand, the lines would be horrid.

I guess you could call it greed, that there isnt enough competition for the attraction at epcot to make the demand lesser.

TrainsOfDisney

He also called it a negative guest experience.
Yeah - it’s such a negative to open something everyone wants to ride!!! Haha. Tony Baxter always bragged about the popularity of Star Tours and Indiana Jones at Disneyland - he didn’t think that was a sign of failure but success!
The demand is just too great for standby lines.
No it’s not, over at DHS slinky dog has more demand than rise of the resistance, I’m guessing frozen and rat would have the greater demand at Epcot.

ppete1975

Yeah - it’s such a negative to open something everyone wants to ride!!! Haha. Tony Baxter always bragged about the popularity of Star Tours and Indiana Jones at Disneyland - he didn’t think that was a sign of failure but success!

No it’s not, over at DHS slinky dog has more demand than rise of the resistance, I’m guessing frozen and rat would have the greater demand at Epcot.
But how many riders per hour do those support in comparison. Also frozen has its demographic but for many is a one and done, I dont think Rat is as popular (its popular but not the "you have to ride this" with multiple rides per day as disney expected), while guardians and rise are very low capacity with huge reridability, there are people that would ride those 2 rides and nothing else all day. I cant say the same for frozen or rat.
Now Slinky has the reridablility but i would expect the capacity to be much much higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom