If this is not a blantant money grab, I don't know what is.....

thomas998

Except those shoos and restaurants cost a lot more money… and people have a finite appetite for such things. It’s not something you can just keep scaling up… people don’t keep eating more because you opened two more restaurants :)
bored people waiting for their ride time to finally show up are eventually going to spend money on something out of shear boredom. There is a reason you see people leaving the parks with bags of crap that'll be donated to goodwill or sold in a garage sale in a year or two. The amount of will power varies by each person.. but there are more than enough that lack it to keep those shops making money.

NickMaio

Original Poster
I'd put myself in the camp of people that don't mind paying more money for shorter waits. What's wrong with that?

They will be fine. Don't worry about the attendance, keep an eye on the revenue.
I'm talking about the guest that says WDW can do no wrong, defends every greasy action they make.

Apologists for the mouse.

Paying is fine.......
However, the standard guest, who used to get something, now gets nothing. This new system sucks given what we had previously.

To not voice your frustrations makes zero sense to me, especially given that this is a Dis forum.

Dis corp has people in marketing that frequently view this, and other, forums.
I know this because a family member used to work for that marketing department.

So if you think no one is listening.......think again.

Jrb1979

Disney has clearly created a class system within their customer base.
This did always existed, club 33 and private tours.
But giving all customers a FP+ option gave the other customers something to feel special about.

However now with genie and ILL ......
The base customer just feels cheated and of little value in Dis eyes.
The stand by is almost always at a constant stand still while LL lanes flow by.

What is the ratio......30 -40 LL guests for every 10 or so stand by guests.
I see CMs with clickers so it must be a ratio.

They had a great system going. Giving everyone something special.

Now it feels very lop sided.
Remember the saying " When everyone is special, nobody is special".

The problem with all of these systems is there isn't enough capacity for everyone to have equal access.

el_super

But giving all customers a FP+ option gave the other customers something to feel special about.

Oh not at all. With FP+ you had to dedicate more time to planning and prepping to make sure you had the right parks, on the right days, and planned out when and where you needed to book your Fastpasses.... 60 days out. And if you missed your chance to get the "good" Fastpasses... what were you doing? Spending all day on your phone hoping someone would cancel.

FP+ made it nearly impossible to plan any spur of the moment trips less than 60 days out. To borrow from you, they basically robbed people of a choice to go.

I'm talking about the guest that says WDW can do no wrong, defends every greasy action they make.

And what of the critics that deride all their decisions as "greasy?"

Nothing wrong with voicing frustrations, sure, but Disney is going to make decisions based on their actual science and it's up to us to understand those decisions lest we continue to get angry. Anger is a personal choice.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Oh not at all. With FP+ you had to dedicate more time to planning and prepping to make sure you had the right parks, on the right days, and planned out when and where you needed to book your Fastpasses.... 60 days out. And if you missed your chance to get the "good" Fastpasses... what were you doing? Spending all day on your phone hoping someone would cancel.

FP+ made it nearly impossible to plan any spur of the moment trips less than 60 days out. To borrow from you, they basically robbed people of a choice to go.

And what of the critics that deride all their decisions as "greasy?"

Nothing wrong with voicing frustrations, sure, but Disney is going to make decisions based on their actual science and it's up to us to understand those decisions lest we continue to get angry. Anger is a personal choice.
At the end of the day if you feel that their decisions....

To change extra for every little thing
To take away free perks....and charge for them
To slow down th standby lanes and claim it's because of DAS which is bull....
Severely limit DAS and force people into paying for genie.....
Take the best viewing locations for fireworks and shows and start to charge for them......

Are all for the guest experience.
We differ greatly.

Greasy and acceptable behaviour are all in the guests eyes I suppose.....

However I have noticed that my opinion I do not seem to be alone.

I will always voice my concern or disapproval in any scenario.
I don't mind paying more for more...

But we have been paying far more for far less lately.

TrainsOfDisney

Every guest's preferred starting position is to wait 0 minutes and pay $0
I think it’s more like $50 and wait 10 minutes - up to 45 minutes for a headliner. But that’s a whole different conversation haha.

What is the wait time limit where an attraction needs to go to VQ?

NickMaio

Original Poster
By “science” I’m assuming you mean statistics/research or more simply “objectivity”

if that is what you’re saying that is woefully naive
1718985995661.png
1718985995661.png

TrainsOfDisney

What, VQ, for an Omni mover...........
Unreal
To be fair - it’s a bit of a unique situation. I was out there the first day of haunted mansion holiday this year and it was insane and that was with splash closed.

If Tiana’s will be open at the same time having both operate with standby and LL would probably be a serious issue.

NickMaio

Original Poster
To be fair - it’s a bit of a unique situation. I was out there the first day of haunted mansion holiday this year and it was insane and that was with splash closed.

If Tiana’s will be open at the same time having both operate with standby and LL would probably be a serious issue.
To use a VQ on an Omni is more proof that they want people in the shops or buying ILL.
That I'd such a frustration.
I did not spend 150 a day to go !;:mad:ing shopping.

New ride= long line. That's the ways it's supposed to be.
Let your customers decide what they want to do.
With their very expensive day.

Instead of doing this VQ nonsense....make locals pay more to go. They are the ones not likely spending, because they can come back whenever.

NickMaio

Original Poster
The only real reason why they are keeping the VQ for Tron vs keeping one for Tiana, which is brand new, is because they KNOW they will make more money with Tron.
Especially considering all the negative online feedback for a ride experience that some have already done.

TrainsOfDisney

To use a VQ on an Omni is more proof that they want people in the shops or buying ILL.
Again…. This is a unique situation. I’m not for VQ at all, but it probably makes sense here.

There of course is a solution - pull crowds away from New Orleans Square with an insane entertainment lineup in tommorowland and fantasyland theatre. But that takes money and it’s easier to do VQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom