If this is not a blantant money grab, I don't know what is.....

el_super

I’m saying their decision making at the macro level most certainly is not based on what you call “science”(objectivity).

Of course it is. You think there is just one super villain at the top making the worst possible decisions but what you see is literally the decisions of thousands of people.

To use a VQ on an Omni is more proof that they want people in the shops or buying ILL.
That I'd such a frustration.
I did not spend 150 a day to go !;:mad:ing shopping.

So you spent $150 dollars to wait in line and stare at a wall? Some people like shopping or you know... doing anything other than staring at a wall.

Jrb1979

or maybe use modern technology to stop wasting peoples time literally standing around doing nothing while waiting for a ride.
They have and IMO is why many here say the parks are crowded. You have people in virtual queues for rides with Genie+, food with Mobile Ordering and many can shop only so long. You can't have people just wandering around waiting for other things to do.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Of course it is. You think there is just one super villain at the top making the worst possible decisions but what you see is literally the decisions of thousands of people.

So you spent $150 dollars to wait in line and stare at a wall? Some people like shopping or you know... doing anything other than staring at a wall.
We would rather.....
Talk to people and experience the que.
Than be forced to wander the ultra crowded streets.

Having the choice aspect taken away is what is starting to seperate WDW from other parks.
Money grabs galore

Last edited:

NickMaio

Original Poster
Maybe a theme park is not for you. That or pay more to not wait in a line.
The VQ is the problem........
I have NO problem waiting in line....1-2-3 hours.....with kids.
We appreciate the que that WDW spends money to build.......

Please read ALL of the thread before you throw out comments or suggestions.

VQ removes this option on rides that we want to go on.
It makes no sense.

el_super

They have and IMO is why many here say the parks are crowded.

So you think the answer to a crowded park is punishing people by making them wait in lines they don't want to be in?

What is your solution then? Because I waited 45 minutes for my VQ at guardians.

They need to raise the prices and curb the demand. Having a 45 min return for a VQ defeats the purpose.

NickMaio

Original Poster
So you think the answer to a crowded park is punishing people by making them wait in lines they don't want to be in?

They need to raise the prices and curb the demand. Having a 45 min return for a VQ defeats the purpose.
Which is also proof it's a money grab trying to pressure people into paying for it while it's the ONLY thrill ride in the whole park now.

Jrb1979

They need to raise the prices and curb the demand. Having a 45 min return for a VQ defeats the purpose
What about those in the 50-90 minute standby lines now? Are they being punished

maxairmike

Does pepperidge farm remember that?

Jking slightly, and not meant as a shot at your personally, I just like that meme.

But seriously, and not to insult your past experience, which is much more first hand than line, but times have changed, technology has changed, society has changed, and sop's are and will continue to change with it. Businesses used to do hand written double book entries and keep actual physical books on budgets and expenditures. No one does that anymore.

We’re not talking before the advent of computers here. High School Musical 2 (or maybe 3) was the hot new DCOM, but paper and pencil schedules were more flexible and cheaper, and I was fresh out of high school.

Just in case I responded to the wrong post of yours creating some confusion, I was getting at your idea that closing a ride with a long line at the end of the operating day is simply impossible and unthinkable for more than an extremely isolated few cases. It isn’t, and is extremely normal across the industry no matter what scheduling practices/systems they use. No slight intended, but given that you openly state you don’t care about anything beyond Disney, perhaps you should consider giving the arguments of those with broader experience and interest in the industry a bit more weight when they’re presented instead of barreling ahead with a ton more words in response.

Tony the Tigger

However, the standard guest, who used to get something, now gets nothing.
Nothing? You got on the ride in question. You just couldn’t go twice.
To not voice your frustrations makes zero sense to me
If your frustrations are reasonable. You sound like the kid who never got a cookie, but you got the cookie and want another one. Your frustration seems disproportionate to me, so I have much less sympathy. You’re taking a fit as if you got nothing and literally just stated “standard guests get nothing.”
So if you think no one is listening.......think again.
And if they were listening to reasonable frustration, that might count for something. If you went to guest services and said you went on x ride once but you’re complaining because you can’t go again (on one of the most in-demand rides in the country) you would get nothing.
They are the ones not likely spending, because they can come back whenever.
We are the ones spending more on different things because we can come back whenever. I don’t base my day or my good time on how many attractions I was able to do. I absolutely will not stand in line for Pirates or Jungle Cruise or HM, etc. And I sure as heck won’t pay for Genie+ for them. I’ll go when they’re a walk-on. Or I’ll pay for a nighttime event. And I guarantee our average dining for a party of two costs more than the average family of four. We are not clogging up lines.

bwr827

Why would I manage/care what happens at Universal? If I ever end up going, i would stay at the top level hotel and get max pass, the same way I stay at deluxe resorts at WDW.

But more fundamentally i don't manage and don't care about Universal. I am a Disney fan, on a Disney forum board. That question is irrelevant and just really stupid for any type of discussion here. Its like asking a Yankee fan how they manage at Fenway Park with the small seats and lack of luxury offerings. They don't care, because they don't care about what happens at Fenway, or what happens Tampa bay. They also don't care what the patriots do at their home games, because they are neither football fans, nor Patriot fans.

WDW with its size, attendance figure, scale, and operating requirements can't be compared to six flags great adventure, or hershey park.
Your analogy doesn’t work. If the Yanks and Sox played 20 minutes away from each other, we’d definitely be asking those questions.

Just because you’re a Disney purist, doesn’t mean millions of vacationers don’t visit Universal as well; they’re both flagship destinations.

Tony the Tigger

If the Yanks and Sox played 20 minutes away from each other, we’d definitely be asking those questions.
Uh, no. There’s no crossover between Yankees fans and Red Sox fans. Yankees fans are Yankees fans and can’t stand the Red Sox; and Red Sox fans are just wrong.

😉 but if they were 20 minutes apart, Yankees fans are not going to Fenway.

There is much more crossover between WDW and Uni, and that’s fine. But some Disney fans don’t cross over, and vice versa.

As much as I love Harry Potter, I haven’t been able to justify a Uni ticket. I’m always comparing the price to my WDW AP, so it doesn’t make sense unless there’s a great deal on a Uni AP. and a whole year I don’t want to go to WDW. So far, meh. I’m just not that into U.

Tony the Tigger

I wonder if they could do a split: virtual queue for the morning, open for standby at 1 or 2pm?
That’s not bad.

Also, I think they should do deals on genie for parties of 2+, but they’d have to book the same ride at the same time. (If you want to book separate rides, get two separate full price tickets.)

So if it’s 2 people, you save a little. If it’s 2 adults and 2 kids, it should cost as much as 3 people - but again, the app only permits the group to book one ride at a time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom