If this is not a blantant money grab, I don't know what is.....

NickMaio

Original Poster

Seriously
I know WDW is a greedy house, but come on now.
1 headliner down for a long time and they still need to squeeze people into the virtual BS and hope others will pay. And they do....

This is a new Dis low for me,
Open this bloody que already WDW.

THIS RIDE IS OVER 2 YEARS OLD.....

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I gotta agree. If their concern was the guest they would have opened the standby.

The article stretches the truth in saying up to three times. You need a lot of luck to get in both the 7AM and the 1PM boarding groups now that Test Track is closed.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Also, what's the VQ/standy by decision have to do with greed? Of standby it would likely still sell out daily.

The greedy move would have been to replace ILL with G+. Converting all of the ILL capacity to increase G+ capacity would have multiple effects: (1) an initial incremental increase of difference between lower ILL cost and higher G+ cost; (2) increased G+ sales overall for people competing for Guardians spots; (3) potentially higher G+ for the park if demand is high because Guardians is included, thus raising G+ cost and revenue. In other words, everything we will likely see at MK's G+ price when Bayou Adventure opens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also, what's the VQ/standy by decision have to do with greed? Of standby it would likely still sell out daily.

The greedy move would have been to replace ILL with G+. Converting all of the ILL capacity to increase G+ capacity would have multiple effects: (1) an initial incremental increase of difference between lower ILL cost and higher G+ cost; (2) increased G+ sales overall for people competing for Guardians spots; (3) potentially higher G+ for the park if demand is high because Guardians is included, thus raising G+ cost and revenue. In other words, everything we will likely see at MK's G+ price when Bayou Adventure opens.
Not following your logic here

NickMaio

Original Poster
I gotta agree. If their concern was the guest they would have opened the standby.

The article stretches the truth in saying up to three times. You need a lot of luck to get in both the 7AM and the 1PM boarding groups now that Test Track is closed.
Yes they would have....but this just plainly shows that guest experience and satisfaction are below shady money grabs.

How long did Rat virtual que last......
Rise.........

This is crazy. I honestly hope people don't go this summer.
Virtual que is a greasy way to make extra money at the sole expense of the experience.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
The VQ allows them to avoid a massive messy outdoor queue because the inside only holds about 40 minutes of standby guests. It also allows the ride to promptly shut down at the end of the night. The last thing they want is another 90 minutes of operation past park close to clear out everyone in the queue.

NickMaio

Original Poster
The biggest off for us is that it removes the element of choice.
We loved it....my LO wanted to get back on line and ride it right away.
We couldn't as there we no garbage pay to play passes left at 2pm......wth.

I want to choose to ride it again and wait it we want to.......it's about my experience as a consumer.

Leaving it virtual just pushes for the paid lightning lane to sell out every day very quickly, more so.

This kind of stuff just leaves such a sour experience for us.

NickMaio

Original Poster
The VQ allows them to avoid a massive messy outdoor queue because the inside only holds about 40 minutes of standby guests. It also allows the ride to promptly shut down at the end of the night. The last thing they want is another 90 minutes of operation past park close to clear out everyone in the queue.
Close the que early.....just like they did with Energy.
If that's their excuse its an aweful one.

Since when did they care about outdoor cues.....splash and toy story land are sunburn towns.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Close the que early.....just like they did with Energy.
If that's their excuse it’s an aweful one.
The ride doesn’t have the capacity to allow a sub 90 min wait. Routinely seeing a wait time of over 90 minutes is a turnoff, and may drive guests away from a park that is already short in attractions (more so without TT) and does not have any active festival.

The VQ masks that. “You have to be in it to win it.”

It is sad that after spending hundreds of millions to redevelop EPCOT it is in a considerably worse state than it was before they started.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The biggest off for us is that it removes the element of choice.
We loved it....my LO wanted to get back on line and ride it right away.
We couldn't as there we no garbage pay to play passes left at 2pm......wth.

I want to choose to ride it again and wait it we want to.......it's about my experience as a consumer.

Leaving it virtual just pushes for the paid lightning lane to sell out every day very quickly, more so.

This kind of stuff just leaves such a sour experience for us.
If you want to “pound rides”…i’d suggest cedar point

They can’t do it at wdw…they simply don’t have the capacity

It’s a numbers game and Bob decided he was gonna lose it

NickMaio

Original Poster
The ride doesn’t have the capacity to allow a sub 90 min wait. Routinely seeing a wait time of over 90 minutes is a turnoff, and may drive guests away from a park that is already short in attractions (more so without TT) and does not have any active festival.

The VQ masks that. “You have to be in it to win it.”

It is sad that after spending hundreds of millions to redevelop EPCOT it is in a considerably worse state than it was before they started.
It's just head scratchingly unreal......

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Not following your logic here

Today, Guardians was $15 and EPCOT LL was $19. If Disney removes the individual LL and X is number of guests per day that use ILL then Disney would ose $15X day.

If Disney instead moved individual LL spots into added Genie+ capacity then they'd need to sell Y number G+ more subscriptions. Y = $15X/$19 = 0.78497X more EPCOT G+ subscriptions to break even on the SWITCH, so with these numbers if Disney can sell more then the ride would make more money as a G+ attraction, and that's if costs remain same.

At a $15/$19 split the bet is whether Disney can convert more than 78.5% of daily Guardians ILL purchases to incremental G+ purchases. Maybe a high number considering that some buy both and couldn't be double counted, but offset to some degree by people that didn't buy G+ but see new value in the service including Guardians. Those are subjective guesses for us without the real numbers.

But I don't think it's realistic that price would remain $19. For argument let's say it bumps to something like $21 so now value of moving Guardians to G+ is not just from converting some purchases of $15 ILL to $21 G+, but then Disney makes more money from everyone else that was buys G+ regardless of Guardians inclusion.

About Bayou Adventure, I think the demand will be more acute at MK when Bayou Adventure opens as anyone that wants to ride that didn't get a VQ, or that wants to ride twice, will pay more than the $27 MK was today. After BA opens I'm not sure we'll ever see MK and multipark G+ under $30 again. And because multipark is priced same as MK, Tiana demand pushing up cost of MK G+ will push up multipark G+.

Short answer: I think moving Guardians to G+ would set a new higher floor for EPCOT Genie+. That plus the number of people migrating from a lower priced ILL to a higher priced G+ would all offset the loss of Guardians as a separate ILL. I think the only reason they haven't is because they're beholden to something as ILL in each park. And I'm willing to accept that I may be so far off that I'm not even swinging in the same ballpark. 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Today, Guardians was $15 and EPCOT LL was $19. If Disney removes the individual LL and X is number of guests per day that use ILL then Disney would ose $15X day.

If Disney instead moved individual LL spots into added Genie+ capacity then they'd need to sell Y number G+ more subscriptions. Y = $15X/$19 = 0.78497X more EPCOT G+ subscriptions to break even on the SWITCH, so with these numbers if Disney can sell more then the ride would make more money as a G+ attraction, and that's if costs remain same.

At a $15/$19 split the bet is whether Disney can convert more than 78.5% of daily Guardians ILL purchases to incremental G+ purchases. Maybe a high number considering that some buy both and couldn't be double counted, but offset to some degree by people that didn't buy G+ but see new value in the service including Guardians. Those are subjective guesses for us without the real numbers.

But I don't think it's realistic that price would remain $19. For argument let's say it bumps to something like $21 so now value of moving Guardians to G+ is not just from converting some purchases of $15 ILL to $21 G+, but then Disney makes more money from everyone else that was buys G+ regardless of Guardians inclusion.

About Bayou Adventure, I think the demand will be more acute at MK when Bayou Adventure opens as anyone that wants to ride that didn't get a VQ, or that wants to ride twice, will pay more than the $27 MK was today. After BA opens I'm not sure we'll ever see MK and multipark G+ under $30 again. And because multipark is priced same as MK, Tiana demand pushing up cost of MK G+ will push up multipark G+.

Short answer: I think moving Guardians to G+ would set a new higher floor for EPCOT Genie+. That plus the number of people migrating from a lower priced ILL to a higher priced G+ would all offset the loss of Guardians as a separate ILL. I think the only reason they haven't is because they're beholden to something as ILL in each park. And I'm willing to accept that I may be so far off that I'm not even swinging in the same ballpark. 🤪
Yeah but usually the ILL is higher or close to the genie price and it lasts you 5 minutes

They’re both cash grabs that were poorly implemented and ultimately the result of gross park mismanagement…but I don’t think one is really much “better” than the other

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's just head scratchingly unreal......
But that is the reality

They simply haven’t invested enough to allow the parks to “flex” with crowds…on purpose…

And it’s a shame because a lot of the reputation of Disney parks was built on the foundation of crowd management…numbers science. In many ways they invented it and excelled at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom