If monorail expansion is too expensive, why not peoplemover?

Monorail_Red_77

Peoplemover systems will create a major eye sore. Think about having these things all over property, especially the boardwalk. Plus, the peoplemover is very slow for transportation needs so they would need to redesign the entire concept, make everything larger, etc. Before you know it, the costs will be close to building monorails due to the size of everything. My rough guess is that if you model it after the Peoplemover in Tomorrowland, it would have to be at least three or four times the size. And of course, the ride vehicles will look nothing like they do now. Definitely needs to be enclosed for starters and permit standing.

Peoplemover in MK Tomorrowland was designed to go 40mph, although it only currently travels at about 10mph. 40mph is same speed that monorails travel in some stretches like on world drive to/from EPCOT and some stretches of both mk loops like around Grand Floridian.

Monorail_Red_77

Peoplemover systems will create a major eye sore. Think about having these things all over property, especially the boardwalk. Plus, the peoplemover is very slow for transportation needs so they would need to redesign the entire concept, make everything larger, etc. Before you know it, the costs will be close to building monorails due to the size of everything. My rough guess is that if you model it after the Peoplemover in Tomorrowland, it would have to be at least three or four times the size. And of course, the ride vehicles will look nothing like they do now. Definitely needs to be enclosed for starters and permit standing.

Peoplemover in MK Tomorrowland was designed to go 40mph, although it only currently travels at about 10mph. 40mph is same speed that monorails travel in some stretches like on world drive to/from EPCOT and some stretches of both mk loops like around Grand Floridian.

Seabasealpha1

Because doing anything more that Walt would do/Walt envisioned that potentially costs more than re-constructing his office is sacrilege to the weatherman and his band of idiots...

S 2

I was just wondering and kinda hoping that Disney might make a monorail/peoplemover infrastructure investment a part of their reinvestment into EPCOT that is HOPEFULLY coming after DHS and AK become full size parks. So I got to thinking, and this is FAN-ART, part rumor part sensical predictions (?), but here's what I was thinking:

WDW Transportation Reimagined.jpg

The design did its best to use existing track and roads to avoid having to develop swampland which could add to the cost. I also thought a little more should go into EPCOT so that the future begins upon parking (A futuristic parking pod near where the buses pickup could pick parking issues, maybe a connector to International Gateway?) and several lines could be seen joining towards Spaceship Earth as cars approach the parking. Also, the parking trams go into woods before re-emerging at the entrance. Walt was big on anticipation from the moment you arrived on the property and I tried to tap into that. It also bugs me all the existing parking at the TTC being so close to the lakes, even with the trees its a giant cement eyesore so I wish they would pull those back a little, make room for a few more resorts or even a fifth theme park (eventually, it IS already on there Master Plan in that area East of the current TTC). The park would then mirrors the MK on the opposite side of Bay Lake. What I envisioned though, was a "Walt Disney World Hotel" around that spot the way DL Has the Disneyland Hotel. and the next theme park south or southeast of it on the land north of EPCOT... This hotel would be the only able to link to any resort directly from the hotel lobby. All Premium/Moderate Resorts are linked in and I definitely think Disney would want Disney Springs to be on there somehow. I think an investment in an infrastructure of this scale, along with a Disney World Hotel and a new investment into EPCOT--A Sweden with a Matterhorn would be a start, (I'm nervous about a Guardians of the Galaxy anything in there I really hope they fit in some actual science and technology, a Tron coaster would be better in my opinion)... Animal Kingdom and DHS will both be full parks by then and be giving EPCOT a real run for its money...

WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?

S 2

If you really think you need an explanation, inbox me, but you probably already knew that would be more appropriate way to ask that question since that wasn't really a question rather than a "poke" and an attempt to rally the other trolls that seem to have immediately attached themselves to me and this post. I'm flattered, really, but you seem a little jaded, I really think that when you get to this point of bitterness on a Disney site you should just log off for a few hours,days,weeks, whatever it takes for you to see the sparkle again... This is a public forum, I'm very sorry if you have been on it hours a day for several years and you think you can decide what other fans should and should not discuss, get over yourself though.

S 2

Buses make sense money-wise but that same argument would leave us without an Expedition Everest or a Disneyland at all! This is Disney, can't you get more creative than a bus!? You really think that in the next century that the only changes to transportation will be more buses?! What would Walt say!?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The people mover was designed for such a thing, no? (If you are having issues with any thread I suggest you adjust your notifications or visit different threads or log off for a few days...)
When the mods decide I need a break, I'm sure they'll let me know. Until then, this is just your third attempt at trolling the same topic with the same load of b#ll#cks....

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The people mover was designed for such a thing, no? (If you are having issues with any thread I suggest you adjust your notifications or visit different threads or log off for a few days...)

Thank you, I just have added you to ignore. There's something about a newly create account resurrecting a topic that's literally been flogged to death for many years.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It was just a suggestion you seem bitter about your choice to participate in this thread I really think it might help.
Actually, my choice to participate is voluntary, considering you refuse to quote anyone. Guess you believe that somehow makes the trolling less blatant....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
YES!! Follow this persons lead, IGNORE! It's so easy! Don't completely ignore the questions I'm trying to explore and go into a bitter attack mode just because you've been online for too long! It's really that easy, buh-bye ;)

SO....monorail? I know everyone can't agree that they should just be trashed and no more money should be invested into them...

I think you will find that almost everyone here would LOVE to see a monorail expansion, we are just realistic about whether it happens or not.

S 2

I think you will find that almost everyone here would LOVE to see a monorail expansion, we are just realistic about whether it happens or not.

Are you reading these responses!? That is NOT the vibe I'm getting, but I'm also getting the impression that a certain number of people on here just like to disagree, especially to someone who just started their profile. It keeps insecure people with the false feeling of superiority I guess. I was definitely expecting a more welcoming, more imaginative atmosphere on here I mean any one of you make the choice to enter into a conversation and I don't know why anyone would, so quickly, go into attack mode at someone trying to explore something that is in the master plan, if there was a topic that triggered me I think I would stay away!!

I do appreciate your attempt at keeping things civil on here, as well as you use of facts, seriously.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are you reading these responses!? That is NOT the vibe I'm getting, but I'm also getting the impression that a certain number of people on here just like to disagree, especially to someone who just started their profile. It keeps insecure people with the false feeling of superiority I guess. I was definitely expecting a more welcoming, more imaginative atmosphere on here I mean any one of you make the choice to enter into a conversation and I don't know why anyone would, so quickly, go into attack mode at someone trying to explore something that is in the master plan, if there was a topic that triggered me I think I would stay away!!

I do appreciate your attempt at keeping things civil on here, as well as you use of facts, seriously.

There are a very small number of people who are truly disagreeing to disagree. For the most part the negative response are coming from people who have been here a while and have seen this same conversation over and over and over again. This is a topic that has been beaten to death. You will find that a lot of people here are just being "realistic", and that there is a large gap between what we would like to see Disney do, and what we honest believe they will actually do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are you reading these responses!?.

This is a topic that's been discussed again and again and again and again and again and again. And yet again. It happens every few months. Most people whom have responded are sick of the subject.

Try a thread search for the hundreds of posts about it from the past. You may find some interesting reading.

Are you Peter?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

There is no master plan for the monorails, save for not expanding them....

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I was just wondering and kinda hoping that Disney might make a monorail/peoplemover infrastructure investment a part of their reinvestment into EPCOT that is HOPEFULLY coming after DHS and AK become full size parks. So I got to thinking, and this is FAN-ART, part rumor part sensical predictions (?), but here's what I was thinking:

View attachment 158049

The design did its best to use existing track and roads to avoid having to develop swampland which could add to the cost. I also thought a little more should go into EPCOT so that the future begins upon parking (A futuristic parking pod near where the buses pickup could pick parking issues, maybe a connector to International Gateway?) and several lines could be seen joining towards Spaceship Earth as cars approach the parking. Also, the parking trams go into woods before re-emerging at the entrance. Walt was big on anticipation from the moment you arrived on the property and I tried to tap into that. It also bugs me all the existing parking at the TTC being so close to the lakes, even with the trees its a giant cement eyesore so I wish they would pull those back a little, make room for a few more resorts or even a fifth theme park (eventually, it IS already on there Master Plan in that area East of the current TTC). The park would then mirrors the MK on the opposite side of Bay Lake. What I envisioned though, was a "Walt Disney World Hotel" around that spot the way DL Has the Disneyland Hotel. and the next theme park south or southeast of it on the land north of EPCOT... This hotel would be the only able to link to any resort directly from the hotel lobby. All Premium/Moderate Resorts are linked in and I definitely think Disney would want Disney Springs to be on there somehow. I think an investment in an infrastructure of this scale, along with a Disney World Hotel and a new investment into EPCOT--A Sweden with a Matterhorn would be a start, (I'm nervous about a Guardians of the Galaxy anything in there I really hope they fit in some actual science and technology, a Tron coaster would be better in my opinion)... Animal Kingdom and DHS will both be full parks by then and be giving EPCOT a real run for its money...

WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?

I think you should start a blog. You can then post that picture, type a couple of sentences, post that picture, type a couple of sentences, rinse repeat. I bet you'd have millions of readers who would be far more cooperative than those that frequent this overy cynical website populated by nothing but meany pants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom