If I Had The Power To Return ONE Attraction It Would be...

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Seen a lot of attractions added and subtracted in our 27 years going to Disney and If I had the power to have JUST one brought back to life it would have to be HORIZONS. This attraction for me symbolized one of Walt's true original concepts in Epcot. This was one of those attractions that would have fit perfectly at the 64 World's fair...an attraction that truly charecterized what FUTURE WORLD was all about. Really miss that one!

World of Motion a close second...CLASSICS!

The Empress Lilly

Horizons. :cry:

It was the logical evolution of Pirates and the Mansion. Big, long, a ten minute escape into another world. Massive capacity, family-friendly, everybody-can-ride. Based on tablaux vivants, AA's, 3d show scenes.

UoE and LwtL were inspiring and awesome. WoM and Imagination were warm, build on a human scale. Horizons managed to combine both. The best ride Disney has ever made.

rodserling27

It's hard to pick just one. On one hand, you have classic EPCOT Center attractions like Horizons or World Of Motion, original SpaceShip Earth, Universe of Energy and of course the original Journey Into Imagination. Then you've got original Magic Kingdom attractions that a lot of us grew up with, like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the original Snow White (pre-1994), Mickey Mouse Revue, ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, If You Had Wings, The Timekeeper, etc. (Wow, so many extinct MK attractions).

All in all, I will vote 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Not only do I have awesome memories of it as a kid, but I still can't fathom that the powers that be let such a MASSIVE E-ticket attraction just fall to trash like that. It used to be quite an experience just WATCHING those subs swim around the lagoon! What a cool site, great piece of theme park eye-candy. I can't believe they just let it sit for nearly a decade without doing anything for it. Such a sad death for what a wonderful, innovative and classic attraction.

The Empress Lilly

It used to be quite an experience just WATCHING those subs swim around the lagoon! What a cool sight, great piece of theme park eye-candy.
Aye! 20k dominated the entire area from the Pinnocchio seating area all the way to the Teacups. A sight to behold indeed, if a slight theme mishmash.
I'm happy that the FL Reclamation Project returns the area with a new undersea attraction. Even if, this time, one does not go under the sea for real.

Mr_Incredible

20k Leagues Under the Sea

Me too. I never rode it, went there when I was 8 or 9 and I remember being mesmerized by the sight of it, but it was down for maitenece that day. Went back to MK a couple of years later and it was closed and going away :(

Never been so upset, I'd give anything to ride it just once!

MerlinTheGoat

It's so difficult for me to choose between Horizons or Imagination. I really love both. I might say Horizons though. It was Epcot through and through. Though i would love to cheat and just say "Future World" as an all encompassing attraction. Loved me some World of Motion and 1994 Spaceship Earth too.

Florida_is_hot

Horizons,

If people showed their love for Horizons when it was open, Disney would of never shut the place down.

The last time I rode Horizons I took it 4 times in a row, trying to burn all the details in my memory. I walked on and off..... no lines, no fans in those days so down it went.

LaughingGravy

And I was so sure you'd vote for a return of Mr. Todd's Wild Ride... ;)
No! Not Mr. Todd's Wild Ride!
johnny%2Bdepp%2Bsweeney%2Btodd%2Bin%2Bchair.jpg

That would indeed be a dark ride.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom