If I could improve Walt Disney World....

DisneyManOne

My preference is a South Korea pavillion. It keeps the intellectual flow of France to Morocco because Korea was a French colony for a time.

I actually made a map as to which countries I'd add to World Showcase. I always wanted to add countries from continents or regions that hadn't yet been represented in the park.

World Showcase III.png

Brazil and Argentina represent South America, one of two continents (not counting Antarctica) that have not yet been represented.
Jamaica represents the Caribbean.
Australia is pretty self-explanatory.
Russia has been on the drawing board for a long time, and the concept is quite intriguing.
India would be a unique addition.
Egypt represents the Middle East. I chose Egypt because anything else would be a little too problematic. Plans were originally made for an Israel pavilion, but those fell through.
Ireland makes logistical sense, being built in-between UK and Canada.

Suchomimus

I actually made a map as to which countries I'd add to World Showcase. I always wanted to add countries from continents or regions that hadn't yet been represented in the park.

View attachment 238096

Brazil and Argentina represent South America, one of two continents (not counting Antarctica) that have not yet been represented.
Russia has been on the drawing board for a long time, and the concept is quite intriguing.
Egypt represents the Middle East. I chose Egypt because anything else would be a little too problematic. Plans were originally made for an Israel pavilion, but those fell through.
Are there any countries/regions that didn’t make it to the final cut?

Suchomimus

View attachment 238096

So what rides and attractions do you see happening at the pavilions?

DisneyManOne

So what rides and attractions do you see happening at the pavilions?

For Mexico, I'd keep Gran Fiesta Tour. Tying in to what I said about IPs in EPCOT, it can work if it actually fits in with the arc and is done correctly, tying in with the culture or idea of each pavilion. And Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros were essentially travelogue films, designed to spur interest in travel to Latin America.

For Brazil, I'd utilize @spacemt354 and @MonorailRed's excellent concept. See here for more details.

For Norway, as I said earlier, I'd replace Frozen Ever After with a new take on Maelstrom, focusing on a voyage to Asgard.

For China, I've heard they're going to implant a new seamless 360 take on Reflections of China, so no changes there.

For Jamaica, I'd have a live show based on the culture of the country.

For Australia, I'd take a page from @MANEATINGWREATH's "Badlands" concept and install a Spaceship Earth-esque dark ride through Australia's verdant history. He also had an idea for an Australian raft ride, a la Kali River Rapids, but that would be redundant with what I have in mind down the road...

For Germany, I'd build the Rhine River Cruise, a concept that dates as far back as the pavilion's planning. Budget cuts meant that this ride was never built...until now.

For Russia, I'd also take a page of history and have an American Adventure-style show inspired by Russia's history, narrated by famous novelist Leo Tolstoy.

For Italy, I'd have an intense dark ride/roller coaster based on Roman mythology. See here for more details. Also, I'd have a smaller boat ride based on gondolas and maybe a carousel inspired by the Masquerade. Also, it should be noted that a mountain structure will dominate over Germany, Russia and Italy, hiding the show building for the coaster.

The reason I'd have this mountain is because I've heard of plans for Switzerland having a giant Matterhorn, so I figured I'd include a mountain of my own here. Plus, the mountain would change depending on what country you're in. In Germany, it would look like the Alps, in Russia, Mt. Elbrus would be found, and in Italy, it'd look like the fabled Mt. Olympus.

No changes for The American Adventure.

Japan, however, would see its Mt. Fuji roller-coaster idea brought to glorious life.

For India, I'd have a show celebrating India's culture, a la Impressions de France, with a live band providing the music.

For Morocco, I'd install a new version of Tokyo DisneySea's Sindbad attraction, combining elements of the darker original and the lighter current version.

For Egypt, I'd have a walk-through based on the catacombs of a pyramid, home of treasures, mummies...and ancient curses, maybe? I was originally gonna have an EMV, but Ratatouille would put that to a halt.

France already has Impressions de France, and the Ratatouille ride coming, so no changes here.

For Argentina, I'd put in a unique ride combining CircleVision and Soarin'. Argentina is well known for its hot-air balloon tours, so this simulator would take you aboard a hot-air balloon soaring over some of Argentina's greatest landmarks.

For the United Kingdom, I'd put in @kap91's Mary Poppins dark ride. Maybe a walk-through inspired by Big Ben and the Royal Museum opens right nearby.

For Ireland, I'd install a dark ride based on Irish mythology. Think Snow White meets Escape from Gringotts. It would be pretty thrilling.

For Canada, I'd demolish the current CircleVision theater and install a Canadian take on Grizzly River Run, and I'd build a new CircleVision theater somewhere else in the pavilion, maybe on the other side or something, showing an updated take on "O Canada", complete with the seamless technology.

spacemt354

Chili's
Well, I still have an idea to give Wonderland its own sub-area behind the Mad Tea Party, with a replica of Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland dark ride and a few atmospheric surprises. And the thing is--Frozen Ever After is a really well-done attraction, and I wanted to find a new home for it, because it doesn't mesh with the Norway pavilion. However, I guess it could be tweaked. I've heard an idea about replacing the boats with a sleigh, so it feels more like a traditional Fantasyland dark ride. If that seems a bit too much, I could easily substitute FEA at MK by moving the Frozen sing-along from DHS over there.

My idea for a Frozen replacement in Norway would be a new version of Maelstrom, inspired more by the Viking aspect. I'd use this idea I found on the Re-Imagining Disney World blog. Basically, you sail off to Asgard, but Loki tricks you into taking the Golden Apples. What follows is essentially a giant chase as you try to flee Asgard. A climax would involve you facing the Valkyries. This idea would be more ambitious, featuring more drops and more thrills. Basically if Pirates were more Nordic and more thrilling.

And yes, IASW would be pushed back. This and the London Triangle would not only help open up that bottleneck leading to Liberty Square, but it would give IASW a chance to grow and expand, and stand out more alongside its brothers across the world.
So if this is just your ideas in terms of blue sky, then by all means have at it. But in terms of actions that Disney would actually take I'd be very shocked if they just moved FEA from a location that they specifically designed the attraction around, to then create a clone of right up the road in the MK instead.

I think the ship has sailed on Frozen rides (if Disney held off on the FLE for a few years, my bet would be that Elsa's Castle would have replaced Little Mermaid...but nevertheless, I think Frozen in Norway is here to stay.

In regards to small world, again if this is just blue sky ideas, then nothing wrong with that - but what is the financial benefit for Disney to move a gigantic show building a few hundred feet back to accommodate for a London area? If anything, like in the Tokyo plans, I'd move it to the other side of the park - beyond the train brim of Storybook Circus, and I'd retheme that while I'm at it as I think that section of the park is pretty meh yet takes up a lot of space. You can keep Dumbo and the Barnstormer, but the Tea Cups could transition into your Wonderland, which would encompass the Pete's Silly Sideshow, Big Top Tent, etc.

DisneyManOne

But isn’t Sinbad from Persia?

Sindbad is part of the famed A Thousand and One Nights stories, a group of stories that, while they did not originate in Morocco, are reflective of the country’s culture and history.

So if this is just your ideas in terms of blue sky, then by all means have at it. But in terms of actions that Disney would actually take I'd be very shocked if they just moved FEA from a location that they specifically designed the attraction around, to then create a clone of right up the road in the MK instead.

I think the ship has sailed on Frozen rides (if Disney held off on the FLE for a few years, my bet would be that Elsa's Castle would have replaced Little Mermaid...but nevertheless, I think Frozen in Norway is here to stay.

In regards to small world, again if this is just blue sky ideas, then nothing wrong with that - but what is the financial benefit for Disney to move a gigantic show building a few hundred feet back to accommodate for a London area? If anything, like in the Tokyo plans, I'd move it to the other side of the park - beyond the train brim of Storybook Circus, and I'd retheme that while I'm at it as I think that section of the park is pretty meh yet takes up a lot of space. You can keep Dumbo and the Barnstormer, but the Tea Cups could transition into your Wonderland, which would encompass the Pete's Silly Sideshow, Big Top Tent, etc.

Yeah, I guess it would make pretty poor financial sense. Honestly, it'd be smarter to just move the Frozen sing-along from DHS to the Magic Kingdom. Cosmic Ray's is so big it could easily be converted into a theater. That way, we could still have a Frozen mini-land. Besides, given how the TRON concept art made out, it's gonna be weird having a Fantasyland attraction with the large canopy behind it.

Also, I should point out that the only reason I put in Frozen is because it's always irked me that when you enter Fantasyland from the northeast pathway in the Hub, you have Merida's meet and greet to the left, and Cosmic Ray's to the right. With Frozen, you'll have Fantasyland on both sides of the pathway.

My Wonderland would basically consist of the Tea Cups and the Disneyland dark ride, with a few atmospheric stuff here and there, but the Speedway would remain, with its track laid out a little differently. I have an idea regarding that (and for all of Tomorrowland, for that matter), but I'll get into that at another time.

I don't think there's enough room at the berm to have a ride as big as "small world". It's right nearby a lake and the access road, so how would that work out? I personally like the Storybook Circus area, and I think that a dark ride based on Mickey would work well in the space held by and behind Pete's Silly Sideshow and that yellow tent. I'd go with either Mickey's Big Top Spin or Mickey's Madcap Magical Adventure.

spacemt354

Chili's
Sindbad is part of the famed A Thousand and One Nights stories, a group of stories that, while they did not originate in Morocco, are reflective of the country’s culture and history.

Yeah, I guess it would make pretty poor financial sense. Honestly, it'd be smarter to just move the Frozen sing-along from DHS to the Magic Kingdom. Cosmic Ray's is so big it could easily be converted into a theater. That way, we could still have a Frozen mini-land. Besides, given how the TRON concept art made out, it's gonna be weird having a Fantasyland attraction with the large canopy behind it.

Also, I should point out that the only reason I put in Frozen is because it's always irked me that when you enter Fantasyland from the northeast pathway in the Hub, you have Merida's meet and greet to the left, and Cosmic Ray's to the right. With Frozen, you'll have Fantasyland on both sides of the pathway.

My Wonderland would basically consist of the Tea Cups and the Disneyland dark ride, with a few atmospheric stuff here and there, but the Speedway would remain, with its track laid out a little differently. I have an idea regarding that (and for all of Tomorrowland, for that matter), but I'll get into that at another time.

I don't think there's enough room at the berm to have a ride as big as "small world". It's right nearby a lake and the access road, so how would that work out? I personally like the Storybook Circus area, and I think that a dark ride based on Mickey would work well in the space held by and behind Pete's Silly Sideshow and that yellow tent. I'd go with either Mickey's Big Top Spin or Mickey's Madcap Magical Adventure.
Well to be clear I'm not really a fan of moving IASW around the MK, as I don't really feel its necessary, I'm just giving you a possible alternative than moving it back further. From a brief glance on Google Earth, the show building fits way before the access road, and lakes have been filled in before. Again, I'm not the biggest fan of either plan, just offering an alternative.

MK Fantasyland is pretty landlocked, have you ever considered revamping Animation Courtyard in DHS to be more of an extension of Fantasyland? I don't think Wonderland will fit next to the Tea Cups if you decide to keep Storybook Circus, so DHS could possibly be another thematic location for it.

Daveeeeed

Taking in all that has currently been announced and planned internally I would say a new MK monorail resort would be lovely.
New transportation methods would be fantastic too, whether by monorail or by a train taking you from The AKL to AK.
As for parks, I would love to see the Seas become the best pavilion it has ever been. It has so much potential. If they have to include Nemo, it can still be a great way to edutain. Not to mention, it's a strong IP with plenty of potential. A D-ticket would be an epic addition to the park.

mharrington

Honestly, it'd be smarter to just move the Frozen sing-along from DHS to the Magic Kingdom. Cosmic Ray's is so big it could easily be converted into a theater.

I have a feeling that this mysterious new theater venue coming to Main Street is where they're going to have a replica of the Frozen stage show.

Except that in the case of "Mickey's Madcap Magical Adventure", Goofy is seen as Mickey's assistant, yet in Storybook Circus, he is a daredevil performer known as the Great Goofini. I actually don't mind the Big Top Spin concept, but I was hoping for a ride I could duplicate in at least one other park somewhere in the world, like Paris, and I don't really know how popular or viable or whatever circuses are in the world.

I have an idea for this area, but it would actually be a revival of another idea I've had: "Mickey's Fun House". It will feature elements (not necessarily wholesale reproductions) of classic shorts, as I had been wrestling with when I was doing this.

DisneyManOne

Well to be clear I'm not really a fan of moving IASW around the MK, as I don't really feel its necessary, I'm just giving you a possible alternative than moving it back further. From a brief glance on Google Earth, the show building fits way before the access road, and lakes have been filled in before. Again, I'm not the biggest fan of either plan, just offering an alternative.

MK Fantasyland is pretty landlocked, have you ever considered revamping Animation Courtyard in DHS to be more of an extension of Fantasyland? I don't think Wonderland will fit next to the Tea Cups if you decide to keep Storybook Circus, so DHS could possibly be another thematic location for it.

Well, Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland dark ride mostly takes place on an upper level, right above the track for Mr. Toad. It could work in that regard, and just use what would be the Mr. Toad space for backstage purposes. And if necessary, Cosmic Ray's could be re-themed as a new version of Tokyo's Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall.

I actually have a question for you guys: I've been having second thoughts on my Frozen sub-land. If Frozen were to leave EPCOT, where would be a good place in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland to place something based on the film?

I have a feeling that this mysterious new theater venue coming to Main Street is where they're going to have a replica of the Frozen stage show.

Except that in the case of "Mickey's Madcap Magical Adventure", Goofy is seen as Mickey's assistant, yet in Storybook Circus, he is a daredevil performer known as the Great Goofini. I actually don't mind the Big Top Spin concept, but I was hoping for a ride I could duplicate in at least one other park somewhere in the world, like Paris, and I don't really know how popular or viable or whatever circuses are in the world.

I have an idea for this area, but it would actually be a revival of another idea I've had: "Mickey's Fun House". It will feature elements (not necessarily wholesale reproductions) of classic shorts, as I had been wrestling with when I was doing this.

That is quite possible. We'll just have to wait and see.

I used Mickey's Big Top Spin because I really loved the idea, and I remember reading through it for the first time. I was the one who pitched "Oswald the Lucky Magician", remember? It would definitely be a unique addition to the park.

mharrington

I used Mickey's Big Top Spin because I really loved the idea, and I remember reading through it for the first time. I was the one who pitched "Oswald the Lucky Magician", remember? It would definitely be a unique addition to the park.

I'm not sure how popular Oswald really is to merit a huge presence in a park attraction. Maybe a cameo or something, but that's it.

mharrington

Probably as popular as Brer Rabbit was before Splash Mountain. Didn't stop them from making one of the greatest attractions.

To be fair, Br'er Rabbit as created by Disney was actually owned by Disney. And anyway, I think the Mickey/Oswald as magician concept would only really have worked on Main Street, since there is a Mickey meet-n-greet that has a stage magician theme. But the addition of the new theater coming to the area effectively closed off that potential spot for a dark ride.

No Name

To be fair, Br'er Rabbit as created by Disney was actually owned by Disney.

I'm still confused how at all that matters. Were Star Wars, Indiana Jones, the Muppets, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, etc. owned by Disney when rides were created based on them? Are the Twilight Zone, Aerosmith, and Avatar owned by Disney? I fail to see the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom