If I could improve Walt Disney World....

spacemt354

Chili's
This is the longest active thread on imagineering -- and because of that, I'd like to keep it going. We tried doing this before but it just turned into a safari gear battle:p So we'll just keep it simple.

If I (or anyone else) posts one topic, say "If I could improve...Mission:SPACE" -- then we start a chain of comments, short or long, with a simple idea for how to improve it, and it gets the ball rolling and then we move onto another topic.

Keeps our creative juices flowing, gives us some practice with quick ideas, but isn't that time consuming -- more chit chat about it than anything.

--------------------

We can start with that just to see how it goes "If I could improve...Mission: SPACE"

- I'd probably start from scratch, scrap the simulators, and build a dark ride.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

I remember this thread.
Also... I just got off the Fantasy an hour ago (there was extreme fog, so we docked hours late), so I am still getting acclimated back to real life.

If I could improve Mission: Space... I would build a new one on the next two Disney ships, but it would only be 1 simulator. Imagine -- the boat is rocking while hitting 2G's+ :D

Suchomimus

I would demolish Mission to Mars Pavilion and build a new Space Pavilion between the Seas with Nemo and Friends and The Land, with a few changes. In this version, the simulators are gone for good, and a new suspended dark ride about a space exploration tour will be Epcot's new E-ticket attraction, as well as an attraction about fictional planet expedition gone wrong as you avoid volcanoes, alien attacks, asteroids (the ride changes planets, so no rider goes to the same planet twice) with a Minion Mayhem/ Simpsons Ride type ride system. Also noteworthy is that, there will also be a theater documentary about the history of space exploration and humanity's plans for future expeditions, as well as interactive play areas and walk-through galleries about space itself and space exploration technology such as rockets and satellites and a restaurant themed after our solar system that serves European, Mediterranean, and American dishes. As for the layout, outside will be a garden with unique flowers, shrubs, and rock formations to give the area a more extraterrestrial feel to it. Also before the main entrance to the pavilion will be a fountain with a statue of our solar system. The exterior of the building is an observatory with lamps that look like the Sun and Moon, and the pathways will be black will special LED lights that will look like stars and planets (even having constellations) at nighttime hours. Sorry for taking so long, had to go shopping and then went to the movies.

spacemt354

Chili's
February 26, 2017

"If I could improve...The Japan Pavilion"

Two words -- Mt. Fuji.
disney-theme-park-rides-that-were-never-built-20-photos-9.png

spacemt354

Chili's
February 27, 2017

"If I could improve...Storybook Circus"

- I would take the tents out and put a fully fledged Casey Jr B-Ticket train ride through the rolling fantasyland hills. The "Big Top" tent can stay but the Pete's Silly sideshow and food area could be taken out in lieu of an actual attraction and not a meet and greet that can be outdoors and next to The Great Goofini.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom