If Disney wants to "lower Attendance" then Build a 5th Park..

Andrew25

I feel like WDW has reached a saturation point with its four parks. Also, the $2 billion SWGE experiment didn't impact attendance in a positive way - by some accounts, it went down. Given the popularity and ubiquity of that IP, what IP/theme could Disney base a fifth gate around that would justify its likely $10 billion budget?

How are the parks saturated? SWGE didn't impact attendance since they delayed its major attractions several months after the land opened.

SteveAZee

How are the parks saturated? SWGE didn't impact attendance since they delayed its major attractions several months after the land opened.
It seems like the crowds are pretty high a good part of the year now. They've been trying to incentivize people to visit in the off seasons, which has worked fairly well to the point that there's very little 'off season' left. The upper limit, it seems, is how much 'stuff' is there to do during a typical weeklong family vacation, and I think WDW is pretty much there. So, with crowds high (and as a result, customer satisfaction waning due to said crowds) and little to be gained with new parks or even new lands... it feels saturated... like you can only dissolve so much sugar in a volume of water.

erasure fan1

I feel like WDW has reached a saturation point with its four parks. Also, the $2 billion SWGE experiment didn't impact attendance in a positive way - by some accounts, it went down. Given the popularity and ubiquity of that IP, what IP/theme could Disney base a fifth gate around that would justify its likely $10 billion budget?
I'm not sure Galaxys edge is a great example because of all the things that they did wrong with that project. It's a better example of Disney arrogance at its finest.

In no way do they need a 5th gate, but I think there is plenty they could do for one. They have plenty of themes/IPs that would work. But it would be better to really add capacity to the existing parks. I don't think the parks are saturated by any means. But will the most likely modest jump in attendance warrant the capacity investment? Not in Disneys eyes as they don't seem to really take guest satisfaction seriously. As long as the gates are turning, they are happy with a lesser experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom