If Disney Springs dining was your only option?

JIMINYCR

Bring back House of Blues Gospel Brunch! All u can eat and going to Church with some fellow guests onstage singing praises!
Weve done this multiple times and you couldnt beat the spread of food they put out. The entertainment was better at times than others but it still was a great value for the ticketed event. Probably the best value you could find anywhere on property.... as long as you enjoyed the gospel type music, which we do.

MickeyLuv'r

I haven't actually tried everything that is currently there. We usually only make it to DS once or twice per visit, because of the time it takes to go there.

City Works is great, and they offer a carry out option. When we've gotten carry out, they had our order ready very quickly, which cna be great if you don't feel up to dining out one night. Also, if you get a membership to the Bottleworks Restaurant Rewards Group you can get a $10 coupon right away. If you dine there more than once, you can accrue points, then get another $10 coupon for your birthday.

Blaze- great pizza, and can't beat the price! Just about the least expensive WDW meal. Blaze also offers a membership with rewards and coupons. If you have an AP, you get an AP discount there too. This is where we most often eat.

Landry's: I haven't been to Rainforest in quite some years, but they also have a rewards program. The same restaurant group owns Landry's, Yak&Yeti (Table service only), T-Rex, plus some other chains which have branches just off WDW property. There's also some at Universal like Bubba Gump and The Palm. I recently dined at Yak and Yeti, and the food was great.

IT IS EASY to save money at Landry's by buying gift cards. I think multiple warehouse stores offer Landry's gift cards at a discount, I happen to know Sam's Club regularly has $100 gift cards for $80. There are other ways to get deals on Landry's cards too, like if you shop at Kroger/Harris Teeter and use the gas rewards program, you might be able to take advantage of 4x rewards points offer on weekends all this summer. I advise to always read the fine print, but often Landry's gift cards are interchangeable. Meaning a Morton's Steak House gift card can be used at Rainforest.

We also liked:
Polite Pig, The Edison, Amorette's, B.B Wolf's (tasty, if limited), Erin McKenna's ($$ for what you get, but a treat for those who need gluten-free bakery items), Ganachery, Ghirardelli, and Vivoli Il Gelato.

Sometimes Ghirardelli gift shop gives out free chocolate squares. Though I do advise some caution buying chocolate this time of year since it is hard to keep it from melting.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Hard to “Go Wrong” at DS. You can pick at food like Poutine, Crepes, Bao Buns. Or hit some nice QS places and sit down like Polite, Chicken Guy, etc. or hit a quality TS.

I don’t think you’ll be lacking for options.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Raglan Road, Homecoming or Paddlefish.
Certainly agree with Raglan Road and Homecoming, but Paddlefish? While I will say we haven't eaten there since the refurb, the reviews for it are horrendous. We had eaten there prior to the refurb and had bad experiences twice. What is it that you found to be good there?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Certainly agree with Raglan Road and Homecoming, but Paddlefish? While I will say we haven't eaten there since the refurb, the reviews for it are horrendous. We had eaten there prior to the refurb and had bad experiences twice. What is it that you found to be good there?
It has not been as good as it was before the redo

I’ll also give praise for the Edison and terralina

Edison is become a “go to”…not to homecoming level…but close

Also polite pig

UNCgolf

I don't know why so many people are suggesting Blaze, other than maybe the price -- it's average/mediocre chain pizza that you can get all over the country. Pizza Ponte offers much, much better pizza, although it is more expensive.

Polite Pig is the best QS and better than 90+% of TS restaurants at Disney. D-Luxe Burger also offers a much better QS burger than probably anywhere else on property.

Prince-1

I don't know why so many people are suggesting Blaze, other than maybe the price -- it's average/mediocre chain pizza that you can get all over the country. Pizza Ponte offers much, much better pizza, although it is more expensive.

There is a reason why the The Microwave Garden is a very popular Italian restaurant chain.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Polite Pig is the best QS and better than 90+% of TS restaurants at Disney. D-Luxe Burger also offers a much better QS burger than probably anywhere else on property.
Blaze is basically mod

Polite pig is the best quickie since pucks express…the best quickserve in world history

UNCgolf

Blaze is basically mod

Polite pig is the best quickie since pucks express…the best quickserve in world history

Yep, and Uncle Maddio's (not sure that still exists). They're all essentially the same thing.

There are two Blaze Pizzas within 15 minutes of where I live (one of them used to be an Uncle Maddio's and changed into Blaze) and I would never go to either; I can think of 6 places with much better pizza within 10 minutes of me and there are probably more.

It's not even that they're bad; they're perfectly serviceable. It's just that there's generally other, better pizza available elsewhere nearby.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep, and Uncle Maddio's (not sure that still exists). They're all essentially the same thing.

There are two Blaze Pizzas within 15 minutes of where I live (one of them used to be an Uncle Maddio's and changed into Blaze) and I would never go to either; I can think of 6 places with much better pizza within 10 minutes of me and there are probably more.

It's not even that they're bad; they're perfectly serviceable. It's just that there's generally other, better pizza available elsewhere nearby.
I’ve said it for 20 years on forums such as this:

You don’t look for pizza in wdw.

I get it for a picky child…but not really for anyone else.
Not the jam there

UNCgolf

I’ve said it for 20 years on forums such as this:

You don’t look for pizza in wdw.

I get it for a picky child…but not really for anyone else.
Not the jam there

Pizza Ponte is legitimately good, or at least it was the one time I've been there (which was several years ago, so who knows). Certainly not the world's best pizza, but much better than anything else I've had on property.

DisneyFanatic12

Great price, good atmosphere, mileage may vary with the build-your-own, given what recipe you like, but I enjoy it greatly. D-Luxe was a go to before the price hikes. Great fries, pretty good burgers, not a great price without the seasonal AP discount.

Wolf Gang Puck - Express was also good before it closed, but it was a little too expensive for me. What can I say, I’m a cheapy!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Great price, good atmosphere, mileage may vary with the build-your-own, given what recipe you like, but I enjoy it greatly. D-Luxe was a go to before the price hikes. Great fries, pretty good burgers, not a great price without the seasonal AP discount.

Wolf Gang Puck - Express was also good before it closed, but it was a little too expensive for me. What can I say, I’m a cheapy!
Pucks express was the best quality for the price in wdw history

Which is why it could no longer be tolerated.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
My brain had some free time and this question came up. To put things in perspective, The DW and I are staying @ SS in the Treehouses for 5 days in December. If we just dined @ DS, what would be a perfect week? From past experiences The Polite Pig was our main go to, (which we are going to do this trip). What would fill out the week in everyone's opinion? Probably just one sit down a day, but numerous quick services.

Homecomin
Morimoto
Boathouse
Polite Pig
Earl of Sandwich
Planet Hollywood (For the Captain Crunch Chicken)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom