If Disney opened a 3rd water park what theme would you like best?

MarkTwain

I had the same idea! I called it "Western Waters". The Icon would be this Big Thunder-ish Mesa with a large waterfall running down it's peak. The story being is that Western Waters was the driest part of America west of the Rocky Mountains, and even though it was rich in Gold and Silver Ore, the place was dry, rocky, and "Hotter then the Devil's Boots". The Train Rails? Bottomed out and surrounded by dusty hills from sand storms.

Hopeless, the Township went to the local Indian Tribe, and in a last resort, called upon their "Magical Powers" to bring the rain to Western Waters. For Seven Days and Nights, the sound of dancing and ceremony was heard on the top of the Mesa, then silence...The Tribe had vanished. Thinking they'd been swindled, they sat in dry agony. Until the skies opened up! For Two Whole MONTHS, it rained and rained! The rain washed out the town. Flooded the railroad tracks. Flooded the mines, Flooded the Mesas, Flooded the whole darn desert!

Now the Mesa is a waterfall, and wouldn't you know it, Western Waters is actually wet! Soon people from all over the country headed west...But not for Gold! But to swim the wild Western Waters.

I had some neat ideas too...There's all these swim up bars and snack counters in new Water Parks, and the idea was to actually have a pool that's essentially the start of the Lazy River, and has an entire ghost town street that's half submurged...So you could actually float into this saloon and order drinks and such.

It's really a great idea, and I love the notion of a western-victorian-turn-of-the-century water park.

Only design issue I came across was landscaping, when you want lots of shade and such. Blizzard Beach was a big help in the "look" of landscaping the park.

Brilliant! :D :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom