If Disney has a "Mount Rushmore" who is on it?

JIMINYCR

I don't even know how to begin to respond to that, except -- after picking my jaw up off the floor -- to suggest that you are perhaps incorrect. In fact, I daresay that there would be no Walt Disney Company today, let alone no Walt Disney World, if it weren't for Roy.
Absolutely. But even more... If not for Roy backing Walt all along the way there may not have even been a Walt as we knew him. Roy gave him the encouragement and the backing that kept him on track. Without the strong supportive influence Roy brought to the team, Walt may have never reached his potential. Very certainly there would be no DL, WDW or anything Disney without Roy in the picture. Roy was the level headed brother who arranged financing, advised Walt through the worst of times and made sure Walt never lost focus. Walt always gave Roy credit for being his stabilizing influence and making decisions Walt couldnt or wouldnt make. Thank God these brothers remained close knit and could work together.

Chef Mickey

I don't even know how to begin to respond to that, except -- after picking my jaw up off the floor -- to suggest that you are perhaps incorrect. In fact, I daresay that there would be no Walt Disney Company today, let alone no Walt Disney World, if it weren't for Roy.
Y'all are right. I was just bitter since Eisner. LOL!

Chef Mickey

Absolutely. But even more... If not for Roy backing Walt all along the way there may not have even been a Walt as we knew him. Roy gave him the encouragement and the backing that kept him on track. Without the strong supportive influence Roy brought to the team, Walt may have never reached his potential. Very certainly there would be no DL, WDW or anything Disney without Roy in the picture. Roy was the level headed brother who arranged financing, advised Walt through the worst of times and made sure Walt never lost focus. Walt always gave Roy credit for being his stabilizing influence and making decisions Walt couldnt or wouldnt make. Thank God these brothers remained close knit and could work together.
You're totally right.

Cmdr_Crimson

You do know there is one right? Castaway Cay's Mt Rustmore....
z4li39dqc1721.jpg

MAGICFLOP

Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Yoda

Disney is riding the Star wars horse to death... by 2030, they expect to produce 4 movies per year

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I don’t think Roy was much of anything besides Walt’s brother.

Edit: This is too harsh. Roy did a lot. I just think Eisner was the last CEO to give a rip about WDW.

Roy has a statue down Main Street USA in WDW. I agree with the other poster, is there even a WDW without Roy? No doubt it all starts with Walt and his ideas, but he's dead in 1966. Who takes over that has the care that Roy would have? No one maybe.

esskay

Another vote for Eisner, but equally Wells should be on there. As a pair they did a hell of a lot of good for the company. And if we're putting both of them on there then Roy E Disney should be there too.

LeighM

Are we nominating for the Walt Disney Company as a company or for their contributions to the parks? Because if it's for the company, then I would choose Walt, Roy O, Roy E, Marty Sklar. If its focused on Disneyland then it would be Walt, Marc Davis, Mary Blair, Sherman Brothers . But if it's WDW, then I would choose Roy O, Joe Rohde, Tony Baxter, Eisner. I thought about Iger because of the IPs he brought into Disney but I just don't know if he could bump off Marty Sklar for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom