Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Songbird76

So glad MR Potato is moving again! He was silent last night.
Did the lady have light pink slippers on? We saw a lady with these on yesterday! 🤦🏻‍♀️
I think we are being more entertained by the people than anything this trip.
Did you see the two girls dressed up as cats? I kid you not! One had white furry boots up to her knees and a furry tail with her fancy skirt. Both were supposed to be Marie. They had an entire photoshoot with one of the disney CM photographers. We just stopped and watched.
Good Luck Charlie What GIF
Whatever floats their boats, I guess! I saw a guy at the grocery store a few days ago who went in barefoot! And no one said a thing! I was just leaving, but I think I'd have said something if I was going in behind him.....that's kind of gross to go into a grocery store with bare feet.

Minnesota disney fan

Whatever floats their boats, I guess! I saw a guy at the grocery store a few days ago who went in barefoot! And no one said a thing! I was just leaving, but I think I'd have said something if I was going in behind him.....that's kind of gross to go into a grocery store with bare feet.
Just had to comment on the bare feet thing.
My grandson is a server at a local restaurant. He told me he keep smelling something stinky, and noticed a woman with her shoes and sox off!!!! He didn't say anything, but I sure would have. If I had been seated next to her, I would have asked her politely to please put her stinky feet back in her shoes. It's crazy what some people do.

slipperalwaysfits

Exactly 3 ~ Test Track (2013), BTMRR (Feb 2020 with Kel) and ToT (though Em says it doesn’t count since we weren’t in an elevator)
Hmmmmm...I agree with Em I think. It doesn't quite count. I'll have to go back and read the Feb 2020 report of the evac...My hubby got evacuated on the banking of Test Track when it's outside and he thought that was so fun hanging there for an hour when he was 20....not sure what he'd say now at 38... :eek: :joyfull: #olderwiser
I bring good news!

Haunted Mansion is open and there is no one else but us in line.

#ShirleyStatus
This is THE BEST!! #shirleystatus #favoriteride
I think Ariel had too much booze at her reception. She looks pretty rough.
What a weird pic. Must have caught her mid-blink.
Last seat whiplash
Awwwwwwwww...so sorry. I'm always so excited to ride this, I never notice the whiplash!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Peoplemover is calling my name.

Are we expected to stand here? 🤔

97051877-88EC-436D-91A2-CDA69393A74D.jpeg

Kinda hard to do when the escalator is moving.

4D471DB4-7DB2-40B4-A2E0-73EFF568317A.jpeg

I do not see Orange Cone. However it is apparent that not much refurbishment (if any) was done to the actual trains. Peeling paint, squeaky parts and dirty floors were in the cars we sat in.

Woody on the MPB 2.0

FD1C5E9A-950B-44C0-9A45-F2179DE5500D.jpeg

We only took off our masks for a few seconds.

DEAAAABE-434C-41BB-9F0E-6CE7246C1FC6.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom