If arriving very early in the morning....

sandheichert

Some suggestions . We may be taking the red eye from Vegas arriving around 6 or 7 am. Just wondering what would you do if you got to WDW that early.

Thanks

macsmom

Normally, my first day there is spent resting and exploring DTD. But, I think if I got there as early as you might, I would make sure I got a nap on the plane and then hit one of the parks. See, if by chance, you might be able to get into your room so that you can freshen up and then take off for the park!

danna

Upvote 0

davidpw97

Check into my hotel and go to bed. Personally I don't think its much fun going to a park when everyone is tired and cranky. I'd sleep for a while, get up in the early afternoon and go shopping or out to eat or do some swimming if there's a pool at your place. Relax for a day and hit the ground running the next day.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

There is no guarantee your room will be ready, but they will take & store your luggage and you can go off to the parks for the day. Rooms are not guaranteed until 3 PM, but if the room happens to be ready they may just let you have it early.

Upvote 0
What would we do? We would wander around the resorts. Being a tremendous geek, I enjoy watching the crews sprucing up the areas. The Grand Floridian staff seem to come from the main building at the same time; all the ladies have their umbrellas out and seem to be going for a walk.

My experience is that if you arrive at the wrong time you won't be able to get your room keys. It seems that between 6:00 and 7:00 keys can't be cut (okay, the keys can't be programmed). I have been told this twice at Boardwalk. The front desk wrote some very long number and the restaurant where we had breakfast had to translate that into a useful number (presumably the number on the front of the card key).

Hey, how about a nice breakfast somewhere? They normally start around 8:00.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Around 7:30 is a great time for a nice sit down breakfast to begin. Then by the time you're done eating you can head to a park and get there a little before park opening, which is the best time to arrive.

If you're there early enough, you could always arrive at one of the parks around 7:45 a.m. for extra magic hour. You'll be able to get a TON of attractions in that way without any wait at all.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If you want to go to a park, perhaps you could have a lazy half day. For instance, go to MK and take a few trips on TTA, use Laura's suggestion and try breakfast somewhere, just walk around and soak up the ambiance. I'd probably go to the hotel around midday for a nap. After recharged and refreshed, head back to a park or DTD.

Upvote 0

828tnt

my family had a similar situation after driving from pennsylvania. my wife and i were mid to lower 30's and the kids 10 and 13 at the time, and we are fairly energetic people.

we arrived at the contemporary at around 7:30 am tremendously excited, yet utterly exhausted from driving 18 consecutive hours. we checked our luggage and quickly made our way to the magic kingdom(it was early summer, so the crowds were already noticeable).

after a few hours of fun, we knew it was time to head back and grab a much needed nap. it was just before noon and the time seemed right to head back. long story short, our room was not ready for several more hours- 5pm!!!!!

we explained our situation to the desk and obviously someone dropped the ball. these aren't the standards we're used to with disney. i know the check-in time doesn't guarantee your room until later in the afternoon, but something better than letting us nap in the lobby could have been done.

some of the blame in this situation definitely falls on us here, but just be prepared for your trip. try like heck to have something worked out with your resort before you arrive!

and most of all- have a great time!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Been there; done that.

Check in. Then go straight to your favorite park.

Come back later when your room is ready, probably after lunch.
Take a nap if you want to.
Then back to the parks.

Good luck.
:cool:

Upvote 0

coltow

You're at WL right? Make an ADR for Whispering Canyon or head for Roaring Forks and grab a quick breakfast and COFFEE! Then off you go to whatever park you want. Head back to resort around 4ish to get your room. Then spend some time at the pool. You'll probably wntn to make this an early night beacuse no one usually gets a good night's sleep on an airplane

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Go to a park! :sohappy: Maybe take an easy afternoon with a nap back in your hotel room, once the room is ready. Then plan a good dinner later that evening!

Upvote 0

gmg

We always get to WDW early, we take the first flight out of AC and then the ME and get to the hotel about 9:30. You can check in and the concierge will hold your carry ons for you. (the ME will have your luggage and that will not appear until later) when you check in you are given your keys, passes etc. Make reservations for a good breakfast and head to your favorite park. The best part about getting there early is you have an extra day.

Sometimes your room will be ready but only about 1 out of 10 times. Make sure that you pack appropriate wear (shoes, cameras, clothes for hot weather) in your carry-on. It is miserable to be there with jeans and sweaters. have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom