Iced Coffee???

DoleWhip

Original Poster
Are there any recent additions in the Disney area of places that sell iced coffee? We drove down from New England last May, and from about Virginia on south, we never saw any type of "coffee chain" (Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, etc.). We even drove about an hour north of WDW to visit relatives one day, on a pretty commercial stretch of road, and did not see any coffee shops. We resorted to filling our refillable mugs with ice and pouring hot coffee over it, but it was pretty weak. Am I just not in the right place, or are "coffee chains" just not a big thing in Florida? For those of you who are business minded, I would think this would be a great franchise opportunity...:)

tigsmom

We've been to Starbucks in Florida, there seem to be more and more each time we visit. I'm not sure if iced coffee is a regional thing or not, but instead of pouring the hot coffee over the ice try fixing your coffee like you would normally (add the milk, sugar) and then add ice. If you take it black then make it extra strong and let it cool somewhat before adding the ice.

:wave:

kcnole

I don't know about Orlando, but I know that were I live in Florida you can't turn around without seeing a starbucks. They have just recently hit Florida hard and heavy. Just 4 years ago, we didn't even have a starbucks anywhere where I lived.

BRER STITCH

Try the Anandupur Tea Company cart on the way to Expedition Everest while you're at Animal Kingdom!

They have many flavors of hot and cold teas and coffees.

The flavored teas we tried were really tasty, and the coffee sluch machines looked very tempting!

:slurp:

PBarton

Last time we visited WDW in 2004, there was a stand selling various coffee, including iced coffee (which wasn't too bad) at Epcot's World Showcase.

It was located between the Canada and United Kingdom pavillion.

If my memory serves me well, it was located outside the now closed gate of the Millennium village (correct me if I am Wrong!)

Ringo8n24

There is a great little Krispy Kreme donut shop on 192 down from the main gate that sells great iced coffees. Inside Epcot, we bought an iced coffee at Fountain View Espresso & Bakery. They do the trick, but my favorite is from good old Starbucks.

johnvca

I'm also from New England and we drive down every March and the worst part of the drive is that 800 mile stretch of 95 where no one has even heard of iced coffee. That's how we survive in Providence. Always on the go and always with a cup of iced coffee. Not having it really makes the last half of the drive tough!!!

:mad:

maelstrom

I know there's a Krispy Kreme on 192 near (across from) the Olive Garden (I think that's where it is). You know, I can't recall seeing a Dunkin' Donuts either. I think I recall seeing Starbucks, though. Did you take a trip down I-Drive?

johnvca

Actually, now that I think of it, there is a Dunkin' Donuts on 535. It's in one of those big "Cheap Disney Stuff" stores.

twx24me

I being from NE myself, I always find myself lost without my DD iced Coffee. I mean up hear, we have one on every block. Last time I was at Disney, I finally couldnt stand it. I went to the DD website, and to my suprise there were 8 DD in Orlando. The one I went to wasnt to far away, although I couldnt tell you how to get there. Just go to there website and map it from your hotel.

col

there is loads of places around WDW and orlando (where i have been) thats sell different types of coffee.

WDW:
frozen latte at main street bakery :slurp:
a cart in epcot between canada and the UK
ghiradelli at DTD they have a huge variety of coffee stuff -from there i always get a frozen mocha when i arrive
i think a couple of places in AK sell coffee products i know the horambre market sells a tasty frozen lemonade

around orlando:

premium outlets has a starbucks or 2
beltz or whatever its called now
pointe orlando has a starbucks (whatever is left of it)
millenia mall
international drive

there are loads of other coffee places around orlando.come to think of it i saw a starbucks or 2 at OIA (MCO).

IMO you cannot beat a frozen latte from MSB

DoleWhip

Original Poster
Thanks for the website idea, twx24me! There is a Dunk's on S Apopka Vineland Rd :sohappy:. It pains me to leave "The Magic" while we're there to go off-property (that brief time is oh so precious!), but a couple trips there won't be too bad if there's a real craving happening! I'll also have to check out some of the other places people mentioned at the various parks. I guess I just assumed there was a Nescafe Monopoly parkwide! And for the record, we are looking for plain old cold coffee, not any of the frozen slushy stuff (although they can be great on the right occasion,too!). I guess iced coffee seems to be a New England thing. I know I have had a hard time finding it other places I have travelled, too. Thanks for all your ideas, everyone!!

PixyDust

Yeah, around here, in NC anyway, you're not going to find a lot of places selling iced coffee, but you'll find Frappacino and the like everywhere! I was thinking I could help you out for the time you're on I-95 in NC, but I think its pretty much slushes in these here parts.

Nemo14

What can I say - we're RI'ers - iced coffee is in our blood. I never understood why it didn't catch on anywhere else.
For what it's worth, I believe there is a DD on 192, sort of across the street from Krispy Kreme, but don't expect that they'll have Iced coffee there either. We drove about 20 miles out of our way last fall just to get to a DD, and they had never heard of iced coffee :eek: .

Ringo8n24

You guys are right. I am not sure how easy it would be finding "iced" coffees at Krispy Kreme/Dunkin Donuts as opposed to slushy types. I did not think of them being different. It is not just an East coast thing, either. We have a coffee chain here, PJ's, that has the best iced coffee. I have not touched it in 9 mos being pregnant, but it is first on my list when I have this baby so I understand the need for iced coffee, too.

DoleWhip

Original Poster
:eek: I guess I figured Dunkin' Donuts at least would have it as a national menu item, given their local marketing blitz with iced lattes and such. You would think being in a warmer climate that it would be a big seller. I won't get my hopes up...

dixiegirl

lol...because as we speak there is a DD comercial..anyway it is sad how we get so lost without our DD..neverthless iced..people look at you kinda funny..I used my refillable cup all the time and filled it with ice and coffee...yes I got some looks...I almost wanted to say."hay its a new england thing"....no nothing is quite like a dunkin....

tigsmom

Nemo14 said:
What can I say - we're RI'ers - iced coffee is in our blood. I never understood why it didn't catch on anywhere else.
For what it's worth, I believe there is a DD on 192, sort of across the street from Krispy Kreme, but don't expect that they'll have Iced coffee there either. We drove about 20 miles out of our way last fall just to get to a DD, and they had never heard of iced coffee :eek: .

I think Iced coffee (made like iced tea...coffee over ice[but with milk & sugar] ) is a Northeast thing. I don't drink coffee so I never really notice if its on the menu.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Iced coffee? Isn't that an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp? :D

Or, how about a nice steaming cup of Coca-Cola? :slurp:

Nemo14

tigsmom said:
I think Iced coffee (made like iced tea...coffee over ice[but with milk & sugar] ) is a Northeast thing. I don't drink coffee so I never really notice if its on the menu.
Probably true - and if you drink enough of it you drop the letter "R"!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom