Iced Coffee at the World

ThinkTink721

That is "sweetened tea". :lol:

Unsweetened iced tea = brewed tea and thats it, you drink as is , with sugar or sweetener and usually lemon

Sweetened iced tea = brewed tea that has the sugar already added

Sweet tea = that stuff you get down south that is made with brewed tea and a sweet sugar syrup... almost died the first time I tried it. :hurl:

Iced coffee = brewed coffee that you add milk to and then pour over ice to chill. May be sweetened or not.

Its not that stuff you get at Starbuck's or Dunkin' Donuts or any of the million other chains that make lattes and the like. They are considered frozen coffees.
I like sweet tea!
I hate any kind of coffee. :D :wave:

stalkingmickey

Iced coffee = brewed coffee that you add milk to and then pour over ice to chill. May be sweetened or not.

Its not that stuff you get at Starbuck's or Dunkin' Donuts or any of the million other chains that make lattes and the like. They are considered frozen coffees.

I live off of Ice Coffee even in the winter. :slurp:

Actually Dunkin Donuts has always had ice coffee - it is double brewed and then poured over ice. Dunkin Donuts double brews it to make up for the ice melting in the hot coffee. It is then served in a drink cup filled with ice to your liking just like hot coffee would be. Nothing about this is frozen

I would not suggest to just add ice to regualr brewed hot coffee as it was not brewed to make up for the ice melting and diluting the coffee. This will make for a very weak and watered down taste.:hurl:

The frozen drinks have just recently been added to dunkin donuts menue and mostly they are fruit drinks.

I have gotten very strange looks when ordering ice coffee in other parts of the country. :confused: I actually ordered an ice coffee at a dunkin donuts in montreal and they had no clue what i was talking about. It was a very hot day and I was so looking forward to my ice coffee.:cry:

Other chains that may have ice coffee is honey dew donuts or krispy cream.

tigsmom

I live off of Ice Coffee even in the winter. :slurp:

Actually Dunkin Donuts has always had ice coffee - it is double brewed and then poured over ice. Dunkin Donuts double brews it to make up for the ice melting in the hot coffee. It is then served in a drink cup filled with ice to your liking just like hot coffee would be. Nothing about this is frozen

I would not suggest to just add ice to regualr brewed hot coffee as it was not brewed to make up for the ice melting and diluting the coffee. This will make for a very weak and watered down taste.:hurl:

The frozen drinks have just recently been added to dunkin donuts menue and mostly they are fruit drinks.

I have gotten very strange looks when ordering ice coffee in other parts of the country. :confused: I actually ordered an ice coffee at a dunkin donuts in montreal and they had no clue what i was talking about. It was a very hot day and I was so looking forward to my ice coffee.:cry:

Other chains that may have ice coffee is honey dew donuts or krispy cream.

Don't drink coffee myself, but that is the way the Italian relatives do it. :shrug:

And the DD's here all serve the frozen latte types of coffee, not the fruit smoothie types of things.

memobrien

i'm a coffee addict as well. there are about 4 different starbucks near where i live or work... i can walk into any of the 4 and they start to make my drink before i get to the counter. it's pretty funny.

Anyway.... D&D double brews the coffee for ice coffee because it isn't very strong to begin with. they do not pour the hot coffee over ice. they brew it straight into a dedicated container for the ice coffee. but that container is not refrigerated but is at room tempurature.

anyway... seriously i'm not sure how i will make it a week in disney without my iced lattes. i might be in big trouble!!

maura

stalkingmickey

The frozen lattes are served at all dunkin donuts, but they are not ice coffee. If you were to walk in to a dunkin donuts and order an ice coffee you would not be getting a frozen latte. The frozen lattes and other frozen drinks have only been on the menu for a few years if that. Ice coffee has been served at dunkin donuts for at least 15 years (this is how long I have been ordering it) They also have a turbo ice coffee which is an ice coffee with a shot of expresso added to the cup.

If you are a coffee addict just adding ice to hot coffee will not taste good to you. If you are not a coffee drinker you may be able to get away with this.

stalkingmickey

i'm a coffee addict as well. there are about 4 different starbucks near where i live or work... i can walk into any of the 4 and they start to make my drink before i get to the counter. it's pretty funny.

Anyway.... D&D double brews the coffee for ice coffee because it isn't very strong to begin with. they do not pour the hot coffee over ice. they brew it straight into a dedicated container for the ice coffee. but that container is not refrigerated but is at room tempurature.

anyway... seriously i'm not sure how i will make it a week in disney without my iced lattes. i might be in big trouble!!

maura

D&D actually explains on their packaged coffee to double brew the coffee if you are using it to make ice coffee and it says to make up for the melting ice.

They also "cool" their coffee (as in it is not poured hot into your cup) used for ice coffee after brewing otherwise when they put it in a cup of ice to make your ice coffee it would melt right away.

tigsmom

I have never seen anyone pour hot coffee over ice. They always add the milk and sugar first and then pour it over the ice. :shrug:

Ravenclaw87

Original Poster

maura

Actually, the Main Street Bakery has really good iced lattes. I don't know what kind of coffee they make it from, but whatever they do to it--- it's tasty.

And I love the coffee debate. I can't believe other areas don't have iced coffee! I'll ONLY drink the iced stuff at DD because their regular stuff is, well, just a little too nasty for my liking.

Dagger

Fellow coffee snob here....By far the best coffee on property is served only at the Kona Cafe and is called the 100% Kona press pot. This is served hot but you can get a cup of ice to ice it yourself. There is a coffee bar just outside the Kona cafe which serves a 10% Kona blend coffee which is not as good as the 100% Kona but still better than anything else on property.

ITA with that it's the best coffee on property. There should also be some "real coffee" at places in Epcot and at AKL but the Poly would probably be the best and easiest to get to. The Nescafe thing needs to go... they would make so much more money producing better coffee beverages!

reptar77

Best coffee:

MK: Starlight cafe
Epcot: Fountain view ( when they are open)
MGM: The coffee shop next to the Brown Derby (I forget the name)
AK: ?? All the same

The resort coffee tend to be the same also but when you are jonesing for caffeine I'm not picky.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
What about the coffee stands in Epcot? I know I've gotten coffee and iced coffee from two different ones, one by Canada, and one in the back somewhere...I just can't remember exactly which country it was in front of.

It might be the stuff you're saying is gross, not sure. They had all different kinds though...latte's, cappuccino, cafe mocha, lots of hot and cold choices.

Is this the yucky stuff by nescafe? I wasn't even paying attention really I just wanted caffeine!!!!

islesgirl

There are really good iced cappuchinos at the kiosk by mad tea party, the same place that has the strawberry swirls...i can't think of the name right now. I have gotten them the last 2 times i have gone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom