Ice/Norway 2015 cruise Lets discuss our trip plans

PensFan

I just noticed that Adventures by Disney has updated their website to include a pre-cruise stay in Copenhagen. Dates and rates aren't listed, but you can see what they have planned. We will probably just go our own way, as it seems Copenhagen is a very easy city to explore by foot, but it's still interesting to see where they are going.

Bolna

I just noticed that Adventures by Disney has updated their website to include a pre-cruise stay in Copenhagen. Dates and rates aren't listed, but you can see what they have planned. We will probably just go our own way, as it seems Copenhagen is a very easy city to explore by foot, but it's still interesting to see where they are going.

I just looked at the itinerary for that AbD pre-cruise stay in Copenhagen and it really is nothing special at all. Denmark is such an easy country to do on your own (people speak excellent English, it's really safe, easy to navigate with easy to use public transportation). I don't see any real benefit in doing that add on.

Interestingly they seem to offer no cruise add-ons for the Norway cruises, only the Baltics and the Med.

Disneyfalcon

ABD is always better than it appears on paper. :) It's crazy expensive, but if price wasn't an issue, I'd pick going with them every time. The prices go up over time (like cruises) and you can't get exact prices from their website, you have to call.

Also, interestingly enough, they keep a waiting list of guests who are interested in itineraries (like an embedded cruise itinerary for Norway) and if they get enough interest they add it.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, but if you can afford it, I've never heard a single guest say they regretted it. :)

This is our 2oth anniversary trip, so just the two of us!!! Seriously considering doing it if they embed one in our seven night fjord cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:

JenTen1585

I am booking the 7 day Norway cruise leaving on 6/6/15 today. Is there a separate forum topic for this cruise? I can't find it. Or should I just join in this discussion?? So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bolna

I am booking the 7 day Norway cruise leaving on 6/6/15 today. Is there a separate forum topic for this cruise? I can't find it. Or should I just join in this discussion?? So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I think there are two or three of us from wdwmagic booked on the 6/6 sailing. I am one of those! I think we are all hanging out in this topic because lots of the talk so far has been about travel and Copenhagen - which applies to everyone! And we do share some ports with the 6/20 9-night Norway cruise.

We are nearly down to 300 days until our cruise!!!

JenTen1585

Yay! Good! I'm glad I found the right thread! I have been reading through and getting lots of tips! Definitely doing the Tivoli Gardens the day before the cruise! Going to look for a hotel a little bit later. I'm still trying to get hold of the travel agent to book the cruise! Then it will feel real!!!

JenTen1585

Alright, so this is our firs Disney Cruise, and the first cruise that my daughter will remember (she was just a baby last time). She will be 6 in June. She is very timid and clingy by nature. She went to VPK last year and it took her a while to get used to it, and she will be going to kindergarten this year. How do I get her excited for, and not timid about, the kids club? I feel like that will be such a fun part of the experience for her if she gets into it! Anyone else have any shy or timid little ones? Any tips?? She is an only child, unfortunately (due to health issues when she was born, we didn't want to roll the dice again) so she doesn't have a partner in crime.

ChuckElias

She will be 6 in June. She is very timid and clingy by nature. How do I get her excited for, and not timid about, the kids club? I feel like that will be such a fun part of the experience for her if she gets into it!
This probably deserves its own thread, because I'm sure there are lots of kids like your little one, who will be experiencing the Oceaneer's Club for the first time on other ships as well.

But since you asked here. . . :)

My daughter was also 6 on our first Disney Cruise. She is also an only child. She was also a reserved child. I wouldn't say she was clingy, but she would ALWAYS stand back and watch what was going on before deciding if she was going to try something new. Since it was our first Disney cruise and there were no cool message boards like this one, we had no idea what she was getting into. So (being extremely over-protective parents of an only child) we went with her and stayed with her for a while on her first day. That helped; although if your child is "clingy", it might be harder for her to let go.

I would humbly suggest that you try to get her excited about meeting characters. One of the great things about the Oceaneer's Club is that the characters come and interact with the kids for a long time. Belle will come in to read a story. Peter Pan and Hook will come in to play hide-and-seek. If she's clingy, she might not be interested in "You'll make new friends"; but my daughter was very happy to interact with all of the Club's "guests".

She is an only child, unfortunately (due to health issues when she was born, we didn't want to roll the dice again) so she doesn't have a partner in crime.
I'm sorry to hear that you struggled with health issues so early on; but hopefully, they're behind you now. Our daughter is an only child because of my wife's health issues during her pregnancy. We did NOT want to risk that again!

JenTen1585

This probably deserves its own thread, because I'm sure there are lots of kids like your little one, who will be experiencing the Oceaneer's Club for the first time on other ships as well.

But since you asked here. . . :)

My daughter was also 6 on our first Disney Cruise. She is also an only child. She was also a reserved child. I wouldn't say she was clingy, but she would ALWAYS stand back and watch what was going on before deciding if she was going to try something new. Since it was our first Disney cruise and there were no cool message boards like this one, we had no idea what she was getting into. So (being extremely over-protective parents of an only child) we went with her and stayed with her for a while on her first day. That helped; although if your child is "clingy", it might be harder for her to let go.

I would humbly suggest that you try to get her excited about meeting characters. One of the great things about the Oceaneer's Club is that the characters come and interact with the kids for a long time. Belle will come in to read a story. Peter Pan and Hook will come in to play hide-and-seek. If she's clingy, she might not be interested in "You'll make new friends"; but my daughter was very happy to interact with all of the Club's "guests".

I'm sorry to hear that you struggled with health issues so early on; but hopefully, they're behind you now. Our daughter is an only child because of my wife's health issues during her pregnancy. We did NOT want to risk that again!

Thank you so much for your reply! You made me feel so much better! I'd be happy to stay with her for a little bit her first day ... maybe that will help! She's usually great if she sees a good friend or someone she knows, but of course that won't be the case on the boat. Telling her about the characters coming to visit sounds great! She loves the characters at Disney World and she has already been asking about what jobs the certain characters do on the ship and where they live on the ship, etc. I love that she is still at that stage that believes that they are real!!! My daughter is perfectly healthy now, thank God, but I'm sure that her early days rubbed off on us as parents and while we try consciously not to be over protective, I'm sure we were cautious in the beginning and that made her a cautious little girl (she had Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and at one point was on ECMO (full heart and lung bypass), then ventilator for over a month, oxygen for about 4 months).

Have you all heard what Frozen theming will be on the boat or tours, if any??

Disneyfalcon

Thank you so much for your reply! You made me feel so much better! I'd be happy to stay with her for a little bit her first day ... maybe that will help! She's usually great if she sees a good friend or someone she knows, but of course that won't be the case on the boat. Telling her about the characters coming to visit sounds great! She loves the characters at Disney World and she has already been asking about what jobs the certain characters do on the ship and where they live on the ship, etc. I love that she is still at that stage that believes that they are real!!! My daughter is perfectly healthy now, thank God, but I'm sure that her early days rubbed off on us as parents and while we try consciously not to be over protective, I'm sure we were cautious in the beginning and that made her a cautious little girl (she had Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and at one point was on ECMO (full heart and lung bypass), then ventilator for over a month, oxygen for about 4 months).

Have you all heard what Frozen theming will be on the boat or tours, if any??

Yay for more Norway cruisers! No word on Frozen on the ship, but I'd be willing to bet we'll have lots of Frozen themed opportunities! :)

ChuckElias

Pixar's next movie "Inside Out" is being released June 19, 2015

and "Tomorrowland" is being released May 22, 2015

We'll be able to watch both of these in the Walt Disney Theater!!!! So excited!

ChuckElias

My local PBS station is airing Rick Steeves' Europe episode on "West Norway: Fjords, Mountains, and Bergen". It's showing here at 10:30 Eastern. If you have local PBS or the PBS spin-off "Create" channel, check your listings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom