IASW refurbishment

twilight mitsuk

Original Poster
line jumper.jpg
run over.jpg

Schneewittchen

I have no knowledge of anything, but the last time I was there in April some of the moving parts weren't working, there was dust and grime in the layouts and a fresh coat paint was needed in many spots.

COProgressFan

Hopefully pressure washing the facade in the queue is somewhere on the to-do list, it was caked with gunk in early August.

It's been that way for so long. Terrible show.

It really looks awful. The queue has been filthy for a long time. When the boats back up under the bridge before unload, if you take a look around, its just completely gross. Dirt, dust, spilled drink splatter, gum, trash, etc. Sadly, it almost looks like this area is just never cleaned at all between refurbs every few years. It should be cleaned every night or at least scrubbed down weekly.

Last edited:

montyz81

Hopefully;
1: washing off the mildew in all the rugs closest to the water after the final show scene.
2: Fixing little things like the little guy balancing on the string (was missing completely last time I was there).
3: Add the other series of kids into this show scene:
IASW.png

4: Fixing the spinning sun (wasn't spinning when I was last there)

I am sure there is much much more.

COProgressFan

Honestly, the disgusting queue is one reason I don't ride iasw when I'm in the MK. Walking through trash, grime, and stains certainly does not help pull me into the story.

No it doesn't. When they rerouted entrance queue through the old exit bridge, it got bad because now instead of folks just passing over the bridge as they exit, they are standing in line there. Of course with people queuing up over that spot its going to get dirtier than before. But their maintenance and cleaning procedures still haven't been modified to adjust for this. Or if they have been, the cleaning crews just haven't been doing their job.

The issues I find with maintenance overall across property are issues of "deep cleaning". Sure, they have folks who are emptying trash every night and giving things a quick mop or wipe down, but its the accumulating dust and grime that needs to be scrubbed off periodically, and on a regular basis, and it's just not being done.

Disney is just trying to get away with the bare minimum.

KikoKea

Really? And I was under the impression all this time that the eyelids were just completely messed up. :hilarious:

You learn something new every day!
Love the hippo, but I thought it was a malfunction, too! (Love those monkeys on the rope that dips into the water, also.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom