I would love to see....

MonkeyHeadCup

Original Poster
I would love to see WDW build a Haunted theme resort - themed like Tower of Terror, or Haunted Mansion... everytime I go on those rides, I think about this - it would be a blast...

WDWFREAK53

Yep, there have been a lot of discussions about a "Haunted Hotel" themed resort...I think it has a lot of merit and would love to see it built as well.

Giant "ominous" fireplaces in the lobby, webs hanging from every chandelier, creaks and noises around every turn, and the pool could be in the shape of a coffin with a giant headstone slide.

SallyShine

Yes Yes Yes!!! I've always thought that as well. It would be soooo much fun to stay in a creepy hotel. How about scary screams and creaks? Maybe they could even have ghostly apparitions floating around the hallways.

Ralphlaw

If you build it, who will come?

Neat idea, but I fear that a very strange crowd may linger here a bit too much. Satanic types, vampire wannabe types, and other people who don't fit into the norm of Disney fans may end up taking this a bit too seriously. Every town has a few goths who take the image overboard, and there are those oddballs who have cosmetic surgery to look like devils. etc . . . I assume people would also protest, but that may be a minor issue.

Normally I'm a live and let live kind of person, but devoting an entire resort to haunted stuff might attract some real screwballs along with the normal people who are simply looking for a unique experience. At this point, Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion are too diluted among the happy attractions to bring in the the people who take it all too seriously, but an entire resort devoted to these things might attract a few unstable seance holding, ouiji board playing, gruesome wierdos, and Disney doesn't need to attract that.

Just my opinion. Maybe I'm completely wrong about this.

tonganprince

I like it! but I think Disney will worry about families with small children (ages 3-6). I know my 5 year old will have a huge issue staying at a place like that.

bhg469

I always thought this would be a great idea, the younger kids could have a section for them, kind of the not so scary halloween section. The wings of the hotel could vary as far as scaryness. If you wanted a really scary room with creeking and screams all that fun stuff and wanted to end the entertainment a simple call to the front desk and they can turn it off when you've had enough. Holograms in the mirror would be a great thing too. So many ideas but will never happen.

SallyShine

Ralphlaw said:
Neat idea, but I fear that a very strange crowd may linger here a bit too much. Satanic types, vampire wannabe types, and other people who don't fit into the norm of Disney fans may end up taking this a bit too seriously. Every town has a few goths who take the image overboard, and there are those oddballs who have cosmetic surgery to look like devils. etc . . . I assume people would also protest, but that may be a minor issue.

Wow, I never even thought of that! The weirdos always ruin everything :hammer:

DiPSU224

tonganprince said:
I like it! but I think Disney will worry about families with small children (ages 3-6). I know my 5 year old will have a huge issue staying at a place like that.

That was my first thought. I don't know how many little kids would go for that. I myself (even at 25) am afraid of the dark and creepy things like that. I don't think I would want to stay somewhere that would creep me out at night.

WDWFREAK53

Getting up in the middle of the night for a snack from the vending machine would be a fun experience :lol:

GET YOUR COOKIES YOURSELF!!! I'M NOT GOING OUT THERE BY MYSELF!

justducky78

What a cool idea. But I have to agree with ralphlaw...devoting an entire resort to the 'paranormal' would probably attract a lot of weirdos, and make a place built on :D seem a little :lookaroun

jr06compmaster

how weird, i was just thinking about this topic earlier today before i saw this. i think a ToT themed hotel would be awesome, but the theming would have to have limits. people do go to hotels to achieve sleep not to get the crap scared out of them in the middle of the night lol. and yes a hotel like this could collect some weird customers.

aeillill

I would absolutley love this idea - although sadly I know it will never be built for the same reason we have to have a not so scary halloween party

DisneyFanLS

I LOVE the idea....BUT...I think you'd have those who would say that it isn't "DISNEY" enough?? (Don't know if that's the right words or not)...I truly believe that they changed the whole ALIEN ENCOUNTER deal because too many people were complaining that it was TOO frightening or intense, and didn't fit with the "DISNEY" company, etc. etc.....Personally my wife and I LOVED the Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter!!!! We never missed it!!! We haven't experienced the Stitch attraction yet, but we both love the movie....we've been reading a lot of negative stuff about it on these boards tho'!!! I just LOVE the whole Binaural Sound thing...I think it's pretty cool :drevil: (can I still say that??..."cool" I mean?? is that still....um....COOL??) :lookaroun Ooops...sorry...kinda got off the topic....I would LOVE to stay at "Disney's Haunted Resort" tho'...... :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom