I wish I was invited to this wedding!!!

HinunterZuNich

Original Poster
Well did I just find out something amazing! I'm not sure on the EXACT details, so some of this info may be somewhat incorrect but in the same vein of what is possible at WDW.

::: cues confusing list of related people :::

My sisters, boyfriends, brothers, wifes, sister ....(there is a much easier way of saying that which I can't remember right now LOL ) is having a wedding this month in WDW. But you see, this is much better then the "getting married at the Grand Floridian wedding! Not only are they doing that, but they are renting out part of EPCOT!!! In addition, they are getting their own little fireworks show! At first I was saying how insanely priced that would be, but then I was told the income of the two familes of the wedding couple.

I'm going to try and find out exactly what section (I assume Future World) they are renting out and exactly how long/big of a fireworks show they are getting.

If only I was invited...... :brick: :brick: :brick:

dixiegirl

yeah this past may someone was having a wedding i believe outside of italy?? i think..not sure which country, but it was soooo beautiful.

HinunterZuNich

Original Poster
All I keep saying is I hope they REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY love eachother LOL, I bet the parents will be like "You better stay married cause Disney will open a new ride with all the )#@* money I'm paying for this wedding".

Question for people .... Would you rather have EPCOT opened for a few hours all to yourrself or spend a couple of weeks with all that money at WDW :lol: :lol: I'll take the latter....I think most people would?

ddbutts1

We did the Segway tour last May, there was a wedding at the Italy pavilion. The people were having their pictures taken by the time we got around there. They were being mad because we were going thru, they didn't want Segways in their pictures, like we couldn't have just passed and they could have gone on. We had to wait 15 min. before we could go on because we were ruining their moment. We paid to be there also!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
it is a must that you find out how much they spent........ id love to do my wedding over againin one of the countries....... or maybe ALL of them, in all the different languages......

diddy_mouse

that sounds like an astronomical wedding! i guess its true....anything is possible at disney. also that $$$ helps out a bit. :drevil:

P.S. 500th post!...sweet!

bucklmd

I wonder how many guests they are inviting and if they are going to pay for their trips to Disney. I would bet they are renting out World Showcase as it much prettier for a wedding. FW is pretty too, but just not in a wedding way. My opinion though.

Anyway, yes, that is big bucks. I saw a cool Disney weddings show on the Food Network. To me, it's not worth it. Cool, yes, but give me the money to buy a house I can enjoy every day. I guess people that spend that to begin with don't have to worry about the kind of house they get either.

Slipknot

rainfully said:
If you've got the $$ you can do practically anything for your Disney wedding...

How interesting it would be to have a wedding in front of or even in the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
bhg469 said:
if ever there was a wedding to crash, that would be it.
i was just standing by the water cooler thinking the same thing....... i say go for it. as long as you arent on their christmas list, do it.
Slade said:
How interesting it would be to have a wedding in front of or even in the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror....
defiantely in the lobby of ToT. good thought. then your chariot ride could be through the 3rd dimension......... welcome to marriage (apply evil laugh)

hahaha only kidding

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There was a show in the food network I believe about Disney weddings and one of the couples that the followed did the full blown GF wedding complete with the tea party,carriage ride you name it. The price tag on that one was $70,000. I can't even imagine what the wedding your describing will cost.

PhilharMagician

There is a little section in front Italy that is roped off for special viewings of Illuminations. They also will cater in food and beverages for the special paying guests if they want to pay for it.

I found this out in December when I was trying to get a night photo of Spaceship Earth along with the Christmas decorations in the forground. I had my small tripod set up and I was kicked out. The CM was putting up rope barriers and explained that someone had rented the area for a wedding for a private viewing of Illuminations along with appetizers and champagne.

It is tough enough to afford the 3 of us. I can't imagine the cost of a Disney wedding with private viewing of Illuminations, but it must be cool to have been there.

bucklmd

The wedding on the Food Network had individual swan ice carvings served to each guest with sorbet in the top of it. What they also did was put a little light inside of each sculpture to make the whole thing glow. I think they picked orange. So, imagine being a guest at a wedding and a server shows up to place a glowing ice-carved swan with sorbet. All this just for in between courses!!

They also had some Cinderella guy there to proclaim them Cinderella and Prince Charming or something like that. Now, that's just being way too into yourself at that point. Not to mention pretty cheesey and I love most things Disney.

Aurora_25

bucklmd said:
The wedding on the Food Network had individual swan ice carvings served to each guest with sorbet in the top of it. What they also did was put a little light inside of each sculpture to make the whole thing glow. I think they picked orange. So, imagine being a guest at a wedding and a server shows up to place a glowing ice-carved swan with sorbet. All this just for in between courses!!

They also had some Cinderella guy there to proclaim them Cinderella and Prince Charming or something like that. Now, that's just being way too into yourself at that point. Not to mention pretty cheesey and I love most things Disney.
That was major Domo and you can rent him out like you do the characters at your wedding- not cheap though...

Badger Brent

I would love my kids to get married at WDW!! But reality says probably not. For my Daughter's graduation present for high school, she wants to go to Disney in Paris. I hope it's still up and running in 2009!! I have a savings account I add onto when I have extra cash, to help pay for her graduation trip with all of our family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom