Trip Report I Will Survive.....Spring Break (with a hint of May) *COMPLETED*

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live among the Spring Break crowds
But then I spent so many nights thinking how I could be wrong
And I grew strong
And I knew I could get along....

Well that’s what I’m hoping for anyway. I’m not a newbie when it comes to navigating Spring Break at WDW. I’ve got a couple decades of experience under my belt. “Spring Break” isn’t a single week of cray cray crowds (like the week between Christmas and New Years) but is spread over March and April. Unfortunately one (or more) of those weeks can end up being cray cray....and these days, there is no way to predict which one.

Please don’t let it be this week.

But we are prepared. ADRs at 180 days. FPs at 60 days. Clothing for rain or shine. (Praying for shine ~ we’ve had enough rain over the last 4 months to set an ark afloat.) And attitudes willing to “go with the flow.” 🐢

My goal is to keep the updates live. Should I fail? There’s always Part “Tu”.

Who: Tuvalu, Woody and Em (the teacher whose schedule dictates when we go)
When: Sunday, March 31 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter
Why: Let’s hope we don’t ask ourselves this!
How: We’ve done the plane, can’t take the train....so it must be the automobile!

Will we be smiling at the end of the week? Stay tuned.

And if you don’t hang around for the smiles, you may want to peek in and see if there are any WDWMagic meet ups. I know of at least three forum friends I hope to encounter.

Now it’s off to bed! The alarm is set for zero-dark-thirty.

DisNerd86

Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is a perfect family show. Action packed, audience participatory, funny and a perfect length....neither too long or two short.

View attachment 361021

View attachment 361022

Young kids will probably want to see the show more than once. The Lightning animatronic is quite impressive!

Smokin’!
View attachment 361024

View attachment 361023

Also it’s a good place to get out of the rain or out of the heat...I’m sure an a/c break will be most welcome in summer!
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is a perfect family show. Action packed, audience participatory, funny and a perfect length....neither too long or two short.

View attachment 361021

View attachment 361022

Young kids will probably want to see the show more than once. The Lightning animatronic is quite impressive!

Smokin’!
View attachment 361024

View attachment 361023

Also it’s a good place to get out of the rain or out of the heat...I’m sure an a/c break will be most welcome in summer!
Is this the same animatronic lightning McQueen that was in the lights motor action stunt show maybe? It looks like a great new addition to DHS!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had an ADR at a signature restaurant for dinner. We cleaned up nicely and headed out.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and stopped. I was suddenly lightheaded and queasy.

“I don’t think I can go to dinner,” I said to Woody and Em. “Not feeling well at all.”

Of course they were concerned, but I assured them I’d be ok without them and insisted they go on. Woody said to keep them apprised via text and I said I would.

I hydrated and napped. I woke feeling somewhat hungry and decided to find some food.

Sassagoola Floatworks was very busy, just like at breakfast. I’m guessing the all the Michiganders are staying here.

I wanted something bland and healthy. Thirty minutes later(!) I had my food.

Ate everything but the rice. It was crunchy. Rice shouldn’t crunch.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Meanwhile Woody and Em were enjoying a stellar meal.

It has been a few years since we’ve eaten at Yachtsman and a revisit was in order. Woody and Em said everything they had was absolutely delicious. Service was excellent. Their only complaint was the location of their table....in a back corner next to a wall. They would have preferred being closer to a window.

Bread included French rolls and the infamous onion pull-aparts, served with sea salted butter and roasted garlic.

Woody had a Cabernet.

Em chose a Pinot Grigio.

The NY strip came with potato gratin and a brandy-peppercorn sauce.

The 8 oz. filet came with mashed potatoes and a Cabernet wine sauce.

They shared a side of Brussels sprouts.

Dessert was the rich and decadent Admirals cake.
Two pictures of the one they shared.

Yeah, I really missed out. :arghh:

menka

Were your parents Motown fans? I was raised on Motown and so were my kids. :happy:
Jamming to Motown music is always a good time. 🥰
I don't understand why they spent the time and money to retheme PizzeRizzo if they were going to keep it closed the majority of the time
Agreed. I think Aunt Polly’s been open more than PizzeRizzo! 😳
Thank you. Glad I’m not crazy. (Although some may claim otherwise.)
I love your trip reports because of that great eye to detail you have. I can be blind to the obvious changes myself.
I wanted something bland and healthy. Thirty minutes later(!) I had my food.

View attachment 361198

Ate everything but the rice. It was crunchy. Rice shouldn’t crunch.
Aww sorry your dinner was so less spectacular compared to Woody and Em. I hope you feel better today.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Omgee why is he an Ohio state fan?!? Sigh. Woody and I can’t be friends!
Born and raised outside Cleveland. ‘Nuff said.

I'm flattered and I think it would be awesome to meet you guys! But seriously, I hope you guys are having a great time! Following your journey!
You are too funny! I’ll be on the lookout for you and hope you continue to have lots of fun with your family.

Is this the same animatronic lightning McQueen that was in the lights motor action stunt show maybe? It looks like a great new addition to DHS!
I did not see Lights! Motors! Action! after the addition of Lighning McQueen so I can’t say for sure. If the Lightning car from LMA was then used as the character in the “meet & greet” spot, then no it is not the same car. The Lightning we saw yesterday has facial movements much like the characters in Frozen Ever After. Very lifelike.

hahaha.. we are called Michiganders! And the guy with the long sleeve plaid shirt and shorts definitely looks like one of "us"!
I stand corrected....and fixed my post. 😉

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hate that you had to miss out, I hope you are feeling better!
Thanks for the updates when you are feeling unwell. Hope you perk up soon.
I hope you're feeling better, definitely going to need a reservation redo so you can visit Yachtsman!
It no fun to not feel well and not be home ☹. Hope you wake up today feeling much better 🙂
Hope you’re feeling better today!
I hope you feel better today.
Appreciate all the caring comments. 💜 I am doing better this morning.

Tuvalu, with all the get well wishes, I'm sure you'll be well by this morning!!
Right you are as always. :inlove:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Time to head back to the room. Em has more interviews scheduled.

View attachment 361102

Four unwrapped gondolas in a row! (I’d post this “exciting” news in the gondola thread but it’s already at 888 pages.)

View attachment 361103

Port Orleans bus stop is in the third depot, furthest from the entrance. (We were dropped off in the first depot this morning.) It’s also where the charter buses pick up. No shade coverage for non-Disney Resort guests though.

View attachment 361104

@dryerlintfan file this away for your September trip.

View attachment 361105

Look what was waiting for us.

View attachment 361106

Still way closer than the temporary stop eight miles away!! I've added the Lightning McQueen show to my list for September, thanks for the review! A loves Cars!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom