I was a volunteer/victim

Mikey73181

I got to be on the bee from "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" years and years ago...somewhere I have a pic of that, and just last month I got to be the engineer on the ship of the backlot tour that got drenched in the water. Figures the one time someone ISN'T around with the video camera, lol...but i got some pix. And both this year and last year I had a song sung about me at the Comedy Warehouse at PI.

Mom's the word

My DH was picked twice in one day at Epcot for the street plays in France and Italy. He's a natural ham and had a blast, I laughed until my face hurt, it totally made the day, especially seeing him as the blushing "bride" in the finale of one play. We did get picked for one of the Disneyland parades where they had guests participate - my brother, his family and our family were all together in that one. That was the best memory. LadyDarling, where would you send a letter to if you wanted to try to be Grand Marshal in a parade? I ask because my family is going down to celebrate my parent's 40th anniversary, it would be fantastic to give them a memory like that!

webmomom

One day as we were walking over the bridge from England to France I was pulled into a street scence in France. My DH could not believe I would do it. Especially that I had to sing and if anyone has ever heard my voice would run. It was a really neat thing to do and I actually enjoyed it.

SewIn2Disney

I was chosen to be in Indy with my friend, and then we went over to the Backstage tour immediately after and we were both chosen to be in the boat scene. It was definately my lucky day!

Also, it seems every time we go to see the "living statues" in epcot I'm always the one they keep up there for 5+minutes. They have stolen my jacket, backpack, held on to my arm, etc. I never just walk up take a pic and leave, It's always an "event" with me...lol. (Does make for a great photo story though!)

figment1988

let's see...

*I was picked as an extra on indiana jones various times (i've volunteered so many times that a few casting directors know me)

*I was picked for the backlot tour various times (for both the original version and the harbor attack version as well)

*I was chosen to play the role of "the millionaire" on superstar televison (btw, this was my first time that i volunteered for something at WDW)

*I ended up being chosen to pull the sword from the stone (with successful results)

*I was also chosen to be the "diving buddy" for one of the lockout presentations at the living seas

*(i don't know if it does apply with water parks as well, but here goes.) i was chosen to be the first person to go through the turnstiles and then being the first guest to go down summit plummet in order to "officially open" Blizzard Beach

and that's about it for now

wdwmom2+1

one time we had the most awesome trip ever! my grandpa was in the sounds show at mgm, my mom was in the water show where they are in the boat and the water gets dumped on them. and me and my friend were in the honey i shrunk the kids thing and rode on a big bee!

DisneyRoxMySox

I was in a parade, I think it was during the 25th Anniversary. I almost got to be on stage once, but it had just rained and it was said that the stage was "un-safe" for guests.

My sister was in the Indiana Jones Show as well as Sounds Dangerous. A yodleing contest at Germany, a junoir skipper on JC and on the backlot tour.

My father was in one of those shows in Germany, it was a while ago, I can't remember exactly.

My mother was also in a parade and on Millionare.

Slipknot

December 10, 2004. While waiting in line for the Backlot Tour at the Studios, they asked and I volunteered immediatly. The cool part was it was me, two soldiers home from Iraq and their girlfriends. Both soldiers were injured by a suicide bomb. The soldiers were the mechanics, I was the captain and their girlfriends were the ones cleaning the deck. I couldn't hear a thing while 'on stage' so I just remembered what they had told me, "look to the sky, turn the wheel, and pick up the phone." The soldiers got soaked, I acted the best I could under those conditions, and we all had fun. And being the fun loving guy I am, I think I helped those soldiers days become a little more fun for them (if you have met me, you know what I'm talking about).

I have also been one of the volunteers at the All Stars.. or Super Stars show.. I "asked" david letterman why he didn't do anything educational. He then proceeded to drop a watermelon off the roof of a building.

Laura

I'm one of those people who hides when volunteers are picked. I'd rather die that go up and do something in front of an audience!!! So far I've been lucky and haven't been picked for anything.

The first (and only) time I did the Millionaire game I got on the leader board and I was terrified that I'd end up in the hot seat. Luckily I got the next question wrong LOL.

scorp111

My Brother-in-law and I were "selected" for the stunt show. I know exactly what someone was talking about earlier, when they said they couldn't hear anything!

I was the mechanic and got soaked.... my BIL was the captain and he ducked! It was nice though, and the rest of the family got quite a few pictures of us....

Here is are three of them...

Attachments

• 11182Backlot_Tour_1-med.jpg
    11182Backlot_Tour_1-med.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 11182Backlot_Tour_2-med.jpg
    11182Backlot_Tour_2-med.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 11182Backlot_tour_3-med.jpg
    11182Backlot_tour_3-med.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 80

KaliSplash

I've had plenty of opportunities, most at Superstar Television.

I've been the cue-card holder for Neil Armstrong. I've been the newscaster (I used to be a radio newsman), I've been the Skipper on Gilligan's Island and my wife and I were the neighbors on the Golden Girls.

At Hoop-de-Doo years ago, I was the one picked for a kiss by one of the singers. Then a couple of years ago, I was the angel, in the tutu and all. My family is still laughing.

Last summer, my entire family crewed the PT boat at the backlot tour. My sons were the deckhands. My wife was the captain. I, of course, was the engineer who picked up the phone. When they say don't look left, they mean it!

LoriMistress

At DL when I was about eight or nine, during their Marti Grad parade one CM pulled me in and I was "in the parade." That made my day.

Dizknee_Phreek

My very first trip to WDW, way back when I was eight years old, my mom "volunteered" my sister and I for Dreamfinder's Acting thing (back when Image Works (and Dreamfinder) was still around). My sister and I had just came out of the part where you went through the sensory tunnel and all that, and Mom just sort of grabbed us and shoved us on stage. Even then I hated being forced to do things that I didn't volunteer myself for, so I stood there the entire time with my arms folded and a sullen expression on my face. Dad got the whole thing on film. I definately consider myself the victim in that situation.

My sister was picked to "test" the Aladdin virtual reality game. Remember when they had that set up? Boy, that seems ages ago! I was SO jealous when they picked her!

**edit - Almost forgot! I was in the Aladdin part of the Remember the Magic parade (you know how the floats stopped and kids could be a part of it) I felt completely silly and embarassed.

Slosh

my dad seems to get picked for these things all the time, he was some demon soldier that got killed in a Xena thing at Universal - completely overacted the part, it was classic. The best though was the first time i dragged him onto Alien Encounter, when they'd pick a "volunteer" from the crowd to test the matter transporter, the spotlights stopped on him. I'll never forget the look on his face, strapped into that chair sitting in red light sweating buckets, it was hillarious! I don't think I've ever heard him swear, but I'm sure he would have then.

crazycalf

I was in the backlot tour. I was the guy in the room that has to pick up the phone and then get soaked. My wife was also in it but i don't remember what she did. She was also Wendy from the beets in Disney's Doug Live.

Me and my friends actually got in the backlot show on accident.

Heres the story. One of my best friends had just turned 16 so for her birthday three of us decided to take a road trip to disney, sans parents/adults. The two of them had never been to mgm so I decided that we should go there for our first day. I practically live up there [had annual passes my entire life], so I knew we had to go. Since all three of us love, and I mean LOVE pirates of the caribbean I told them we should go check out the backlot tour so they could see barbossas costume and the black pearl prop. As soon as we walked in a cm came up to us and asked if we wanted to be in the show. The other two had no idea what she was talking about, but came along. It was my friends birthday so she was the captain and the two of us were the cleanup. Its become one of my most favorite mgm memories. Im just a little disappointed that you dont get to see the video you make.

I found it so ironic that the first time they came they got in, yet Id seen the show atleast 50 times and never did the video till then.

ACE

I got selected to play Al Borland on the Home Improvement "Tool Time" set. The funny thing is, most people tell me I look like him when I let my hair grow out a little. Plus on Family Fued he has a goatee which I didn't know when I shaved mine. My daughter was watching it last week and brought up the fact that we still looked alike. :lol:

:wave: ACE

mm52200

figment1988 said:
*(i don't know if it does apply with water parks as well, but here goes.) i was chosen to be the first person to go through the turnstiles and then being the first guest to go down summit plummet in order to "officially open" Blizzard Beach

Whoa you were the first guest ever to go down summit plummit and open the park!!!!!!!!!!Wow you sure got the royal treatment :king:

njblackberry

We've had a lot of luck volunteering and getting chosen. I took the pie in the face at the beginning of the Three Stooges pie fight in Superstar TV (what a blast), I was in the Backlog Tour and got drenched in the water part, my wife got onto Indiana Jones, I got onto the sound stage show at Universal (it was awful) and out daughter has been in Earthquake. And in my last trip, I got into the hot seat on Millionaire. Not quite volunteering, but it was great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom