I want to taste the foods of 11 countries at Epcot,but is it free with my base ticket?

fantasy08

Original Poster
I'm female.

Also good luck on Dec. 25th.

Lol I know I'm going at a bad time,but at least I picked Epcot to go to on Christmas, and not Magic Kingdom which I've heard is a overcrowded nightmare on that day. I'm going to MK on Dec 23. That should give me sommmme leeway toward the madness I hope,and I will visit AK on Christmas Eve.

What were the “big themes“ of the other parks you thought would be free with your base ticket?

I just assumed that yes you have to pay for food at AK,MK,and HS,but I thought since Epcot seemed to be so strongly culturally food related that its theme(i.e. its food) would be free. You don't have to pay to go in or take a pictures at Disney Castle after all. Neither do you have to do so on Safari or Pandora at AK. All the theme fun is included in your expensive base ticket.

You'll also have to pay for parking at the park if you drive to Epcot. Exception: unless you stay on property; but then you'll have to pay for parking your car at the resort.

Parking will be a non issue for me since I'm using uber and lyft's to get around.

If they are on the level, I'd suggest getting to the park early. I don't know about Christmas day itself, but I know I've been there around that time of year when certain parks were "full" by mid-morning.

I intend to be very early like 5:30 in the morning early.

Eh since I now know for sure I have to pay out of pocket I'll just pick one or two restaurants there and then spurge on one meal just to say I ate something at Epcot.

Last edited:

Editor516

I'm female.

Lol I know I'm going at a bad time,but at least I picked Epcot to go to on Christmas, and not Magic Kingdom which I've heard is a overcrowded nightmare on that day. I'm going to MK on Dec 23. That should give me sommmme leeway toward the madness I hope,and I will visit AK on Christmas Eve.

I just assumed that yes you have to pay for food at AK,MK,and HS,but I thought since Epcot seemed to be so strongly culturally food related that its theme(i.e. its food) would be free. You don't have to pay to go in or take a pictures at Disney Castle after all. Neither do you have to do so on Safari or Pandora at AK. All the theme fun is included in your expensive base ticket.

Parking will be a non issue for me since I'm using uber and lyft's to get around.

I intend to be very early like 5:30 in the morning early.

Eh since I now know for sure I have to pay out of pocket I'll just pick one or two restaurants there and then spurge on one meal just to say I ate something at Epcot.
Dear OP,

Just wondering where you’re from.

Have you talked to anyone who’s been to WDW on Christmas, or even during the holiday season?

Also, if you’re making the Candlelight Processional your Christmas night dining experience, you really need to find and book a reservation. I’d be amazed if there’s anything still available. Otherwise, be prepared to wait in line for hours and hours in a standby line to see the CP - and that WILL be without food.

trainplane3

About 2 years ago I took a bus from Wilderness Lodge to Epcot around 10am on Christmas day. No major crowd issues getting in since everyone was piling into MK. Yes Epcot was busy but it's no where near what MK was like that day. I have a picture somewhere from our bus as we were passing over the main road to the TTC and cars were backed up for miles. I show it to people when they ask "why didn't you go to MK on Xmas day?".

Just expect crowds, plan accordingly (give yourself lots of time), and you'll be fine.

Nottamus

I am going to Epcot for the first time on December 25th, and as I was planning I was told that they have food from all over the world to taste. Since I'm not really into rides(motion sickness) the cultural part of this vacation would greatly interest me. However, all the food I saw was in something called World Showcase, and you have to pay to eat. I thought dining though all the world foods would be free with my base ticket purchase unless I'm looking at something wrong?

Its not too horribly expensive to stop by the QS places or Holiday Kitchen kiosks. You could get a snack from each country in the 5$ ( and up) range..

So, YES, it could be done for a not bank breaking fee.

Lilofan

Free food?? What about free samples? Ask for samples at the candy and ice cream shops, coffee,smoothies, etc. Drop your ice cream or food on the ground ( by accident😒), just tell a staff member and they may give you a replacement for your troubles. Ask and you may receive....

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

Perhaps the OP is making commentary creatively through false naïveté.

Maybe, but there are some odd "coincidences" that have my Spidey senses tingling 🤣

giphy.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I’m sad that someone views the theme of EPCOT as food. That means there’s more who think the same. There are likely those who think the theme is drinking alcohol, so it could be worse.
That theme is mentioned by nearly every casual to non-Disney fan I have ever heard speak about Epcot. It is so pervasive that I am surprised that Disney does not put it in promotional material.

Minthorne

You don't have to pay to go in or take a pictures at Disney Castle after all. Neither do you have to do so on Safari or Pandora at AK. All the theme fun is included in your expensive base ticket.

At Epcot you don't have to pay to go in and take a picture of the food. Neither do you have to do so to ride on Living with the Land where you can look at food. :)

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Is there a dining ticket I could purchase just for Epcot so I can nibble on all the countries different foods?

Even though this line of questioning is an obvious joke, this question is interesting. Epcot used to sell an 8 ticket Food Booth lanyard for around $50 that could buy over $60 worth of food. But Epcot discontinued that :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom