I want to taste the foods of 11 countries at Epcot,but is it free with my base ticket?

fantasy08

Original Poster
I am going to Epcot for the first time on December 25th, and as I was planning I was told that they have food from all over the world to taste. Since I'm not really into rides(motion sickness) the cultural part of this vacation would greatly interest me. However, all the food I saw was in something called World Showcase, and you have to pay to eat. I thought dining though all the world foods would be free with my base ticket purchase unless I'm looking at something wrong?

JIMINYCR

Boy are you mistaken....Your ticket gets you into the park, it does give you access to the attractions, the countries and some entertainment but everything else is available at a price. Yes EP has the pavilions of the featured countries you are free to wander through and to visit and they all have a variety of foods and snacks from their lands to try, but you have to pay. You can access several sites online that list whats on the menus and snack carts and their costs.

fantasy08

Original Poster
Boy are you mistaken....Your ticket gets you into the park, it does give you access to the attractions, the countries and some entertainment but everything else is available at a price. Yes EP has the pavilions of the featured countries you are free to wander through and to visit and they all have a variety of foods and snacks from their lands to try, but you have to pay. You can access several sites online that list whats on the menus and snack carts and their costs.

I am definitely not happy about this news. :( I truly thought the already expensive base ticket made the big themes of each park free.

Is there a dining ticket I could purchase just for Epcot so I can nibble on all the countries different foods?

If not it looks like I'm just going to have to just pick one or two countries foods to taste and be done.

I also might just pick the candlelight processional as my Epcot dining experience and let that be it.

danyoung56

I believe there is a card you can buy, and then charge it up with money. But it's more for convenience than any savings. I do the Food & Wine Festival every year. I've never added up what I spend, but I'm sure it's close to $100, with wine as well as food purchases.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Food is not free.
Not sure where you got that idea from.
If you were to stay onsite and purchase a dining plan then food would be included in the price you paid but you're offsite and therefore cannot purchase a dining plan and you will pay out of pocket for your food.

My goodness practically everything but the food is included in admission. I just am not understanding your thought process.

Last edited:

bsiev1977

I am definitely not happy about this news. :( I truly thought the already expensive base ticket made the big themes of each park free.

Is there a dining ticket I could purchase just for Epcot so I can nibble on all the countries different foods?

If not it looks like I'm just going to have to just pick one or two countries foods to taste and be done.

I also might just pick the candlelight processional as my Epcot dining experience and let that be it.
What were the “big themes“ of the other parks you thought would be free with your base ticket?

Heppenheimer

Quite a bit of food offerings at Epcot have been homogenized and adjusted to southeastern tastes that I'm not even sure how much of a "cultural" experience you're really getting any more. The German pavilion, for example, has a snack stand devoted to caramel popcorn, which is about as German as Apfelstrudel is to the US. Meaning, yes, you can probably find caramel popcorn somewhere in Germany if you really looked, but it's not really a treat associated with country.

Walter Elias Disney

I am going to Epcot for the first time on December 25th, and as I was planning I was told that they have food from all over the world to taste. Since I'm not really into rides(motion sickness) the cultural part of this vacation would greatly interest me. However, all the food I saw was in something called World Showcase, and you have to pay to eat. I thought dining though all the world foods would be free with my base ticket purchase unless I'm looking at something wrong?
You might try the child meal that has food from the cultural part of World Showcase. Just take your time and enjoy all of the sites and sounds of each country. By the way...it will be rather busy on December 25.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You'll also have to pay for parking at the park if you drive to Epcot. Exception: unless you stay on property; but then you'll have to pay for parking your car at the resort.
No.

They don't serve food at the Candlelight Processional. You'll have to get something to eat outside the theater.

Tony the Tigger

That too. If the OP is really on the level about what he’s saying, then he’s in for a huge disappointment on this trip.

Couldn't Have picked a worse day to be at a Disney Park

If they are on the level, I'd suggest getting to the park early. I don't know about Christmas day itself, but I know I've been there around that time of year when certain parks were "full" by mid-morning.

Ricky Spanish

Free food?
image.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom