Trip Report I Vowed Never Again ~ Yet Here We Are! *COMPLETED*

Wait, what?

WDW-obsessed Tuvalu actually vowed never again ?!?!

Must. Read. More.

Clickbait! :joyfull:

But there is truth in my statement. I did vow not to visit the world whenever our spring break...always the first week in April....aligns with Easter. The first week of April typically brings heavy crowds since most southern school systems are out. I can handle heavy. But add in additional volume from schools that coordinate their break with Easter and “heavy” becomes INSANE. (Not quite the insanity of Christmas week....I am smart enough to avoid that, thanks to a one-day trip in 1994.)

But I’ve BEEN THERE ~
In 2009 (during the recession) when it took 40 minutes just to get through the Epcot parking booth....and the line for the boat ride in Mexico was out the front door of the pavilion....and Magic Kingdom was closed due to capacity.

In 2010 when the mid-morning standby wait for Test Track was 240 minutes (that’s 4 hours, people!) and the wait time for Nemo (Nemo!) was 150 minutes.

In 2015 when we watched the 6:45 am MK Welcome show in the dark because we wanted to ride a few attractions before the hordes descended.

Long lines to use the restrooms (always filthy because attendants couldn’t keep up); no available tables in quick-service locations, forcing guests to sit on the ground outside the restaurants; and a general atmosphere of cranky/angry guests who didn’t like dealing with the multitude any more than I did.

So I declared, DONE THAT!

Or so I thought.....

My darling daughter Em lives for spring break. As a student she vacationed (Disney or beach) every year but one ~ and there was nearly a mutiny! Now that she’s a teacher, going away for spring break has reached an even higher level of importance. 😉 With this year’s Easter/spring break overlap, we began researching other warm-weather destinations.

Guess what we discovered. Transportation, resort and dining costs were cheaper if we went to WDW! And having APs means our entertainment would be free. Em’s teacher budget would not be strained. The practical side of me could not argue....and the mom side of me could not disappoint my daughter.

We leave on Monday. We’re prepared. And we’re gonna be LIVE!

BB429FCD-F668-4041-835B-D5BAFEDFD831.jpeg

A few Magic meet-ups are in the works. Hope to keep them a surprise (as long as @Zipitidoda doesn’t spill the beans! :cautious:)

Despite declining MagicBands for our upcoming stay, these arrived in yesterday’s mail ~

B65C6FED-62FE-4F60-AC49-54D2F3BA526E.jpeg

Yeah, like we’re gonna wear the UGLY gray ones.....🙄

See Ya Real Soon!

monykalyn

I don't comment much on these boards but have to say-I love your TR's. Love the relationship and love of Disney you have with your daughter.
My oldest DD did the DCP last fall-program ended Jan 4. She lasted 55 days until I got the "I miss Disney text". Her and I did a quick trip a couple weeks ago-seems we hit a soft spot in the crowds as we didn't encounter near the crowds you guys did!
Hope you got home safely!

Skibum1970

Can’t imagine a sadder sight......

View attachment 276264

......except maybe this.

View attachment 276265

Once Em edits her pictures I’ll start the detailed version of this TR. Thanks to all who followed so far and I hope you check back!

I had that same view and feeling of the bus arriving in very early March. It is a sad feeling. I kept trying to figure out if I could somehow add on more days but the DW was against it. Sadly, I had to accept my fate and board the bus. Then, we had really bad traffic and the trip to MCO took about an hour. So, more time spent sulking. And maybe napping.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
While waiting at our gate, this unfolded ~
The gentleman in the black suit is preparing to propose to his girlfriend who is aboard the arriving plane.

My goodness, you are quite the celebrity, Shirley. That guy waited for the most important moment of his life (to propose to this girlfriend), until you arrived! :jawdrop::joyfull:

Well as usual, loved your TR. I like how you always share the ups and downs of your experiences, as this information can be valuable to others for future trips. Thanks and looking forward to more deets in the future! :happy:

P.S.: Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
YAY!!! You made my favorite rides! Everest and Dinosaur!! I'm already in mourning for when they re-theme Dinosaur to Indiana Jones. Glad you had a great trip! Can't wait to read about your next trip!

What Did I Miss????:eek:

And @Tuvalu you sure do enjoy that Shirley Status. Word got out that you and @TrolleyFollower91 had left WDW. By the time you guys were almost back to Georgia the other guests said Shirley has left so we're going home too....look what you did to the wait times at the MK last evening after you left. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

79D393AA-802E-445D-B309-6972AC578466.png
311DC1ED-ACA5-42CE-B386-DB570C7DC8D5.png
8CBD6B3D-BC53-4917-9C7D-DE652120680E.png
FA7559C2-5BCB-4C2D-AA7F-78ABE32E2409.png

dizfan917

Thanks again for braving those crowds! I've learned my lesson. :geek: Our next trip is booked for the last week of July... I'm hoping that school starts early this year and we won't see nearly the crowds you did.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you when I travel to Atlanta around Memorial Day for work. Do you ever shop at the Trader Joe's in Sandy Springs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom