I think the boards are being invaded by n00bs.

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
A n00b is a board member who usually is new but does not need to be who usually engages in trollish activity and has yet to be accepted by the rest of the board members. They usually use bad grammer, never capitalize, and never punctuate. but that is for some. Most of them insult the older members and act like they are superior to everyone else when they arive and other stuff like that. And they tend to be really annoying.

Legacy

So, it's a troll.

You just created a new, poorly (p00rly?)-spelled name for a troll.

My -rententive English-major fiance'e also would like to point out that you should not harp on other's lack of punctuation and capitalization when you are replacing vowels with numbers.

"Two letters and two numbers does not a word create."

My fiance'e is Yoda.

Also, run a spell-check.

The_CEO

RnRJoe6114 said:
not using punctuatoin and bad grammer and not capitalizing make the typing go faster
But when you are a board member here you are atleast required to make your sentences read-able.

barnum42

RnRJoe6114 said:
not using punctuatoin and bad grammer and not capitalizing make the typing go faster
But it makes the reading go slower. Consequentally such posts either go unread or the poster has potentially unfair assumptions made about their mental abilities.

xfkirsten

RnRJoe6114 said:

Maybe, but it is also common courtesy to everyone reading your posts to take the time to type it out neatly and clearly.

And as previously mentioned, this thread belongs in Chit-Chat.

-Kirsten

TimeTrip

Acutually I don't beliieve n00b means that in most circumstances. Usually it DOES mean someone who is new. Said n00b usually acts like they're smarter than people who have been around when challenged, or asks real dumb questions and re-ask it when noone answers. More specific to a web-board community, they usually come right in and start discussions before noticing that one exists when the same topic just 3 lines from the top, or not take the time to do a search when one would yield exactly what they're looking for. They also tend to respond to almost every thread with "yeah" or "thats cool" or "i agree" or something similarly short.

N00b doesn't mean troll. Troll means troll.

EDIT: Just wanted to say, n00bs don't realize what they're doing. If someone acts like a n00b with the intent to annoy people, thats just a trolll :). And no, IMO the board doesn't seem invaded by n00bs.

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
But it makes the reading go slower. Consequentally such posts either go unread or the poster has potentially unfair assumptions made about their mental abilities.

Was just thinking the same thing.

tigsmom

themouseman said:
Hmmm, Guy's we have more important Disney stuff to talk about than bad grammar and spelling

It's naked time!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Are you a friend of speck's? He is always running around Chit Chat nekkid.

imagineer boy

Legacy said:
So, it's a troll.

You just created a new, poorly (p00rly?)-spelled name for a troll.

My -rententive English-major fiance'e also would like to point out that you should not harp on other's lack of punctuation and capitalization when you are replacing vowels with numbers.

"Two letters and two numbers does not a word create."

My fiance'e is Yoda.

Also, run a spell-check.

As trollologist of these boards, I believe we have discovered a species that's related to the troll family but not exactly a troll. Class N or n00bs. This species is called n00bliousis.

SirNim

imagineer boy said:
As trollologist of these boards, I believe we have discovered a species that's related to the troll family but not exactly a troll. Class N or n00bs. This species is called n00bliousis.
Glad to hear of your ongoing successful research in the fascinating field of study of Trollology!

Hochmania

TimeTrip said:
Acutually I don't beliieve n00b means that in most circumstances. Usually it DOES mean someone who is new. Said n00b usually acts like they're smarter than people who have been around when challenged, or asks real dumb questions and re-ask it when noone answers. More specific to a web-board community, they usually come right in and start discussions before noticing that one exists when the same topic just 3 lines from the top, or not take the time to do a search when one would yield exactly what they're looking for. They also tend to respond to almost every thread with "yeah" or "thats cool" or "i agree" or something similarly short.
Pretty fair description

StevenT

Yes there seems to be an influx of new members lately, but we just have to bear with it. Everybody was new once. This will pass and the questions about a Harry Potter attraction will fade.

xfkirsten

StevenT said:
Yes there seems to be an influx of new members lately, but we just have to bear with it. Everybody was new once. This will pass and the questions about a Harry Potter attraction will fade.

Wait... there's gonna be a Harry Potter attraction? :lookaroun :lol:

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom