I think the best time to be in a WDW park is when it is raining!

Tom Orrow

Original Poster
The reason being is because there are a lot less people and luckily most of the rides are indoors. When I was there two years ago all it did was rain. So it felt like we had the park to ourselves. We never waited more than 30min for a ride! We had a great time! Has anyone else experienced this?
(Post below ) :)

bjlc57

the same here.. 6 years ago at Animal Kingdom.. it started to rain within minutes of the park opening.. people who paid full price.. LEFT.. immediately.. within an hour, it was gone and drying.. but we had the place to ourselves.. we rode the Kali rapids four times in a row..

Master Gracey 5

I'd say water parks are the best to be at when its raining. We were at Blizzard Beach in 1997 on a cloudy morning and it started pouring - we were already wet so we didn't care! There were maybe 20 other people in the park besides us so we could go on any ride we wanted no problem. The only issue was they closed just after lunch when there was some thunder, but we did everything we wanted in the morning so we weren't disappointed with having to leave. Probably the best day I'd had at the water parks.

tiggermarie

I love rainy day where ever I am. But yes Rainy days at Disney is great. It cools the air, and as many have said, there are less people in the park.

NORMNB8S

I agree. The parks definitely empty out some when it rains and it almost gives you free reign (no pun intended) of the parks.

cmatt

it is all well and good until rides stop working due to 'inclement weather'... it is a joy to wander in the florida rain.... i remember in 2006 feeding the sealions in it!

Mr. Morrow

the same here.. 6 years ago at Animal Kingdom.. it started to rain within minutes of the park opening.. people who paid full price.. LEFT.. immediately.. within an hour, it was gone and drying.. but we had the place to ourselves.. we rode the Kali rapids four times in a row..

How do you know what they paid?

rodserling27

I'll go ahead and agree. I LOVE when it rains and everyone kind of freaks out. I can remember going on Haunted Mansion 4 or 5 times in a row, without waiting a single minute in line when it was a late, rainy night at MK. Good stuff.

piratetreasure

One of my favorite WDW memories was my last trip in 2008 when me and my aunt were walking around our first day at Magic Kingdom in ponchos and it was raining so much, I stepped in a low spot, and the rain was up to my ankles.

Sloan

or when its really cold

The rain does a good job clearing the parks, but I learned that the cold does too. I was at the World in January for this year's 'cold snap' (20's and 30' at night, 30's and 40's during the day, which actually is really cold for central Florida) and the cold, combined with the relatively 'low season' really cleared things out - most attractions were walk-on, and I loved it!

The Empress Lilly

I loooove a bit of rain. The parks cleared and all to myself! :sohappy:

I'm from Northwest Europe - I'm used to being wet ten months out of twelve anyway. A brief tropical shower isn't going to scare me away! :lol:

Dragonrider1227

WDW in the rain is just generally fun.
"Raindrops falling on my head, but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red. Crying's not for me. I ain't gonna stop the rain by complaining. Because I'm free. Nothing's worrying me!"
Kali rapids is a great ride to go on when its raining!!! :sohappy:
Yeah. You might actually get wet :lol:

Rinx

I was at MK during Tropical Storm Fay in 2008. Just sat on Splash Mountain 3 or 4 strait times and Space Mt. was empty too. Main Street was very quiet as well.

DisneyDavO

We always take our ponchos with us to yhe parks if it looks like rain. You can get a good 2 hours of empty park after a 20 min storm! Some of my favorite memories are of rainy days in Magic Kingdom!:)

copcarguyp71

One of our favorite places when it rains is to hang out at Main Street Station in the MK looking down Main Street and watch the crowds leaving below us. Like a previous poster said once the little shower is over you have a good long time of low ques for rides.

If there happens to be some CM's around you can usually strike up some cool conversation about history, engineering, behind the scenes or whatever as they are enjoying the down time as well.

majorrfb

World and Fay

I was at MK during Tropical Storm Fay in 2008. Just sat on Splash Mountain 3 or 4 strait times and Space Mt. was empty too. Main Street was very quiet as well.

We were there during the same storm. My 20 year old and his girlfriend came along with us. With poncho's on and a positive attitude, we had a great time. :wave:

kapeman

If it isn't raining too heavily, I think that it adds a new level to AK.

It is almost like a totally different park, vibe-wise.

I wonder if I feel that way since it was lightly raining on my first visit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom