I think i've decided..finally!

SteelerGirl86

Original Poster
ok, im pretty sure i want to try and do the fall '06 program. I dont know how i would feel about being alone for christmas, but i think it would definetley be an experience. Anyone else pretty sure theyre going to be there for that session too? I wonder when i would go to the presentation things, all the sign ups on wdwcollegeprogram.com are still for spring '06. It says somethign about applying in Feb.

if i could work for Cirque, this would still be my dream job..has that changed recently becuase when my brother did the '00 program there were no opportunities to work for them.

im getting real excited either way:xmas:

wedway71

I may be wrong but there are no opportunities at Cirque due to the fact that Cirque is not part of Disney even though they lease space in Disney West Side so thus there would be no chance of working there.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
cirque

you will NOT be working for Cirque, you will be working for Disney....(the Cirque-people are kinda touchy about that). Disney & Cirque have a "partnership" and Cirque allows Disney to handle the box office (but Cirque has the FINAL say on tickets), Concessions and Ushers. If you get "cast" working at Cirque....CONGRATS it was THE BEST expEARience of my life!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

~heather

SteelerGirl86 said:
ok, im pretty sure i want to try and do the fall '06 program. I dont know how i would feel about being alone for christmas, but i think it would definetley be an experience. Anyone else pretty sure theyre going to be there for that session too? I wonder when i would go to the presentation things, all the sign ups on wdwcollegeprogram.com are still for spring '06. It says somethign about applying in Feb.

if i could work for Cirque, this would still be my dream job..has that changed recently becuase when my brother did the '00 program there were no opportunities to work for them.

im getting real excited either way:xmas:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Cirque

Cirque lets Disney "run" the box office, ushers, and concessions. When I was a CP back 2003-2004 there were: 2 CPs in the box office (Operations role), 3-4 CPs as ushers (Operations role) and 4-5 CPs as concessions (Quick service food & beverage role). So there are VERY FEW spots for CPs....I got lucky and the funny thing was I knew NOTHING about Cirque before I went down there. I also ended up working at PI and DisneyQuest (they're all the same operations department). So there were days where I had to "close" PI and was there until 230am and had to "open" Cirque at 10am....they didn't do it TOO often to me...but the chance is there.

~heather

wedway71 said:
I may be wrong but there are no opportunities at Cirque due to the fact that Cirque is not part of Disney even though they lease space in Disney West Side so thus there would be no chance of working there.

feigned

Hey there. I am like 95% sure that I will be going out for Fall06. I really really wanted to go down for fall, as compared with spring, since I think it would be soooo neat to be down in Disney World for Halloween and Christmas. My family said they would visit me for Christmas, so I wouldn't be alone then, and the other holidays don't really matter. Even if my family can't visit me, I still think it will be a unique experience and I've never been down to Disney World for the holidays, so I'm excited. What roles are you going to put down?

I think I will be putting down recreation (specifically for children's programs), vacation planner, operations, and hospitality. I can't wait even to just find out when the Fall06 presentation will be at my school! My school's presentation for Spring06 is November 15th, which is almost at the end of the presentation schedule. I don't think I could possibly wait that far into the spring semester to know! Anyways, good luck! Maybe I'll see ya down there then. ;)

joanna71985

Hey. I am probably going to try for Fall 2006 too. I did Spring 2005 and I would really like to be down in Disney over the holidays. If I went, I would put down Character performer, Character attendant, operations and (maybe again) merchandise.

WDWPrnces02

Im going to the spring 2006 program.....ive also been asked to come early ......were talking dec 15.....(id be down their for my birthday, christmas and new years).......

If you think about it your not totally alone, you live in an apartment with 3-6 girls..... you end up bonding with them....you could decorate......

Disney is so magical durring the holiday season.......the parades, decorations......I had so much fun, and im not a person who likes the holidays anyway......but its a chance in a lifetime, you may only get it once....or maybe two times.......

Go, you wont regret it.....:wave:

SteelerGirl86

Original Poster
Thats really cool that you are going early, my birthday is Dec. 16th so i would be down there for mine too if i do next fall. My family also said they would come visit (prob. for birthday since its more crowded during christmas week) and i wouldnt be like totally alone or homesick..i dont know what homesick feels like cuz i go to college like 30 min from my home anyway. So...for the person who asked what i would put down, im not completley sure.. I was thinking recreation, merchandise, maybe hospitality...ahh i dunno operations and food, if i could be a hostess only. (see im so confused. ) we'll have to keep in touch tho when it gets closer to presentation time!:)

hillz232

accepted but nervous for character performer audition.

hey i got accepted for fall 2006 i am auditioning for character performer on march 30. any tips or suggestions? i'm a theater major and i dance and sing and act. i was also my highschool mascot. Could anyone give suggestions for the animation and movement portions of the audition?
thanks and hope to stay in touch and see you all in august!
hillary ann

joanna71985

That's so cool. I'm auditioning March 30 too. My audition is at Boston. I'm so happy because it's on the first day of auditions. I think it's funny because I could know my role before my school even does its presentations.:lol: My only dance/animation experience is doing the HS musicals. I really want to do well for the audition because I really want to be a character.

JerMerBear

Just a note on whoever said they were interested in Recreation because its a children's program: All the people I know in that role are slide ops, meaning the person who pushes the kids down the slides at the tops. They work in shallow water opposed to deep water, which would be lifeguards.

kcw

fall 06

hey guys i'm looking to do the fall 06 program and am going to audition for character performer also!!!! wahooo! haha I'm excited, but I don't know when my audition date would be- did you just check the actual Disney employment page? they don't have separate ones for CP's right? maybe we'll all be working together this fall!!! good luck guys!

joanna71985

The audition locations are listed on the CP website. But I know the date/time from my interviewer. Where do you live? I know all of the audition specifics (date/time/location) so I could tell you the one closest to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom